• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Max: Fury Road |OT| What a Lovely Day | RT: 98% | Metacritic: 89

Nuke Soda

I had a big dumb smile on my face through the whole movie. Happened twice this year for me movie wise (The other was Kingsman). This is going to be a good movie year.

-griffy-

Banned
Right but a lot of the storyboards and initial stunt planning in Broken Hill in 2010 was all designed with 3D filming in mind. It wasn't until the move to Namibia that they had to scrap the whole idea.

Oh sure, they probably designed the shots with 3D in mind way back when, but they certainly didn't worry about a 3D version when it came time to actually shooting, from the sounds of it.

Keby

Incredible action sequences.
Incredibly thin plot.

Seriously the cinematography, real cars slamming into each other, real explosions. real stunts. It was an absolutely stunning visual experience.

The story telling was....well. It was there, but I am of the opinion that no movie should go without a good story. With that said, that doesn't seem to be the point of this film, so don't let that distract anyone.

Once again, I can barely process how good the action was in this film. It's on another level.

So no Mission Impossible and Ant-Man for you?

Not interested in any of those...next 15 months for me will be like this, Star Wars, BvS, Civil War, and Suicide Squad, something might show up i want see, but who knows, but next for me is a re-watch of Max, i want to see it again...maybe next week..

cirrhosis

Got tickets for a showing this evening. Real hyped to see it; I was surprised I was still able to get tickets honestly this late. Hope it does well over the weekend.

Speevy

Banned
When you have an absurd premise, you need a grounded character so the audience can relate to it and learn more about the world.

Thanks Plinkett!

El Topo

Just come back. One hell of a movie. Not perfect, maybe it won't stand the test of time given its flaws, but I haven't been this entertained by a movie in a very long time.
Highly, very highly recommended.

Lets see if this bests the Raid movies. Different action movies, sure, but action movies still.

I..i dont think the Raid movies are very good, especially the second movie. I was exhausted by the 90 minute mark and i still had an hour left.

I'm really hoping i dont feel the same way with this movie. My GF and I have been looking forward to it since the first trailer came out.

El Topo

I..i dont think the Raid movies are very good, especially the second movie. I was exhausted by the 90 minute mark and i still had an hour left.

I'm really hoping i dont feel the same way with this movie. My GF and I have been looking forward to it since the first trailer came out.

I went in expecting to be exhausted by the action, but the movie managed to pace itself quite well and added all sorts of little surprised and changes whenever it was about to become repetitive or predictable.
I thought the concept of a movie that is one long chase would be repetitive or exhausting or annoying, but it worked incredibly well, unlike e.g. MoS, where the action became a bit nauseating after a while.

void666

Banned
I had expectations so high, i was so overhyped that maybe it lessened my enjoyment.
But the more i think about the movie the more i feel like watching again.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Went into this one blind with only the experience of the originals setting me up for it and I loved every minute of it. Absolutely amazing all the way through. I enjoyed it infinitely more than Furious 7 and The Avengers (which I enjoyed - but not like this).

Majmun

Anyone tried the D-Box chairs for this one? I want to see the movie again.

I really want to try the D-Box chair. Could be pretty great with this movie..

liquidtmd

Banned
At its core, Mad Max: Fury is nothing more than an expensive, overlong B-movie with A-list actors.

An astute observation but not a negative one. You could label a lot of considered genre classics with this, starting with Terminator 2

SURGEdude

I need to stop reading about this movie until I see it. Because I hate getting overhyped and having to watch a film years later to appreciate how great it really is simply because I had unrealistic expectations.

Damn you Gaf and media outlets!

Snaku

Banned
Got the Mondo Fury Road print by Boneface, and the Mondo Vinyl LP on order thanks to my brother who was F5ing Mondo's site all day! WITNESS ME!

Nibel

Here's the new one.

Such a modern, professional website (the reviewer's).

6aYsqo9.png

Ok, I'm done with this thread for now. I've had my fill of hype and doubt and now I need to clear my mind from it for the next couple of days (seeing it either Saturday night or Sunday morning).

Abyssinia, Mad GAF

I expect more negative reviews to showup from clickbait assholes writing negative reviews just so they get visited.

Don't believe a single negative thing you hear about this movie.

It's amazing, it's sublime, it's an emotional rocket ship through joy, misery and explosions. It's something you won't forget, and it is supremely important.

"Number of times I checked my watch: 4"... nice.
The guy is a movie critic. The fuck else does he have to do with his time than watch movies for a living?

Newlove

I'm going to see it on Sunday I think, probably on my own for the first time in the cinema but oh well. I think plenty of people go alone.

"Number of times I checked my watch: 4"... nice.
The guy is a movie critic. The fuck else does he have to do with his time than watch movies for a living?

I hope he's a web designer...cause that site is amazing...

It seems from the site's home page that he is "currently doing research in the health industry and [has] uncovered important information that needs to be fully disclosed to you and everyone you know."... and wants you to "read [his] first article published about the cover-up of hidden MSG and its potentially harmful health effects."

Top Bottom