• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Men - Season 7, Part 2 - The End of an Era - AMC Sundays

I don't think any of us used the word "supernatural" when trying to theorize that Diana could be just a figment of Don's imagination.

In fact, "figment of his imagination" is what we've been saying all along.

Exactly, and out comes someone who twists a simple observation and a word, only to waste three pages of this thread about a none relevant argument.

Jeels

Exactly, and out comes someone who twists a simple observation and a word, only to waste three pages of this thread about a none relevant argument.

Ghosts aren't supernatural? There are more posts pondering if Diana is a ghost than there are of people responding to my criticism...

I mean, it's like, way to miss the point of what Diana is and represents.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Ghosts aren't supernatural? There are more posts pondering if Diana is a ghost than there are of people responding to my criticism...

I mean, it's like, way to miss the point of what Diana is and represents.

No one is saying ghost or supernatural. Jesus. If anyone used the word 'ghost' I'm sure they're implying it's a hallucination.

In any case, the whole theory is dumb anyway. She's real. What's definitely true is she embodies all of the integral women in Don's life one way or another.

No one is saying ghost or supernatural. Jesus. If anyone used the word 'ghost' I'm sure they're implying it's a hallucination.

In any case, the whole theory is dumb anyway. She's real. What's definitely true is she embodies all of the integral women in Don's life one way or another.

is it? dunno that seems kind of a stretch to me

is it? dunno that seems kind of a stretch to me

I agree with this, and I hope that Weiner does as well. There have definitely been echoes of other characters in her (Rachel, Megan, Sylvia) but come on, Don just like sleeping with people. He's drawn to her now, but it'll fade over time like it always does.

f0rk

To me she seems more like Don than any other woman. She lies and drinks to hide her dark secret that makes her feel like a terrible person.

Joni

I keep getting the feeling that Diana reminds Don of his mother without him realizing it, though the more we go the less likely that seems.

Also where the hell is Sally? And is Alison Brie not returning anymore?

The funny thing is that Betty is far and away the hottest woman Don has ever been with on the show.

I don't agree. But I generally prefer Brunettes over Blondes. So I kind of like all of his mistresses more than Betty. Suzanne Farrell, Sally's teacher, is the best, but I find Megan really attractive too.

Blader

That is just stupid. Elizabeth Reaser isn't ugly, but Don has dated models and the like. He has an entire hot secretary pool at his disposal. Diana doesn't beat them in the looks department.

Are you only allowed to be attracted to a woman if they're the single hottest woman you've ever met?

fake edit: had no idea people were hating these last two episodes at all.

Joni

Are you only allowed to be attracted to a woman if they're the single hottest woman you've ever met?

fake edit: had no idea people were hating these last two episodes at all.

No, I just disagree with the notion it is 'obvious beauty' that is attracting Don considering he has been dating models since day one, and he has married two women that are more beautiful, each proving themselves too little for him. He knows what going for obvious beauty leads him too: two divorces.

AlphaSnake

I don't agree. But I generally prefer Brunettes over Blondes. So I kind of like all of his mistresses more than Betty. Suzanne Farrell, Sally's teacher, is the best, but I find Megan really attractive too.

Oh man...Sally's teacher was probably the prettiest of all them. I forgot about her.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Is this the Mad Men equivalent of the horrible waifu conversations?

Roger seemed really off this episode. It was like his performance was slightly off-kilter. Hard to describe, but when he was stood there with the half buttoned waistcoat it felt almost like a bad attempt at straight comedy. It was weird and out of place.

Fjordson

Roger seemed really off this episode. It was like his performance was slightly off-kilter. Hard to describe, but when he was stood there with the half buttoned waistcoat it felt almost like a bad attempt at straight comedy. It was weird and out of place.
Well that makes sense. Roger himself likely felt weird and out of place in the apartment. Weiner da gawd.

I know, not really what you meant :lol

someday

Banned
I love this show but I feel that the year wait in between the first 7 episodes and these has really hurt my enjoyment. I haven't read most of the thread since I watch the episodes late (just watched Sunday's ep just now) but I saw someone mention this season feeling "disconnected." This reflects how I see it.

I've enjoyed the first two episodes but I feel like I'm missing something. Maybe it is the lack of overarching story that makes it seem so jumpy. It's like the entire episodes feel like the previews: neat scenes that don't really say anything. It probably would have helped if I had watched the marathon of season 7 immediately before this season.

I look forward to the end of the season and my immediate rewatch with no breaks. Perhaps it will feel different, or perhaps the next few episodes will change my mind.

AlphaSnake

Another point I wanted to make regarding Don vs. Megan is actually the exchange Don has with Roger.

Roger predicts what Megan would say almost to a tee. And Roger tells Don to fight her every step of the way. That no matter what she says, Don gave her a great life.

I felt that Don turning the corner and writing out a check for $1M was his way of not being like Roger. They've had a lot differences, professional and personal. And while there is respect between the two, Don also knows how much of a fuck up Roger could be. And that he knows Roger is and was wrong for leaving his wife for Jane and ruining his family as a result, ruining his only child, and as a consequence her joining a cult.

It's been years, but have they ever explained Peggy's baby? She just gave it to her family?

While the baby itself has not been a major player in the series, Peggy and Pete's weird psuedo-romance has. Pete, to Peggy, now represents a life she thought she could have but now realizes was foolishness.

Top Bottom