• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden '16 PS4 Online Franchise interest thread: Captains Mode

I played multiple seasons with you guys on multiple versions of the game. The last couple years were hell for me, I've gone into better detail with some people but it was more than work.

I get the last couple years I left and I get that. I have no problem playing another team, but if I'm going to be restricted from playing and utlizing my team like cheaters in the past then I have no desire.

I'm not asking to play the Cowboys or anything. I'm just wanting to play with friends.

I know shit happens, I would of course like you in, just saying why people are being pessimistic about it

double chicken, shake

always double chicken

YOU DA REAL MVP

Although I used to get away with double chicken during busy hours because by the time the tortilla and meat person passed it off to the sauce person and then onto the cashier, "double meat" usually got lost in translation or they're too busy to give a fuck. Now, they put a cup right by the burrito so they know you got double meat :(

it better be chicken...

barbacoa is the only right answer

you all disgust me!

TAKE ME OFF THE LIST. I don't want to play in this league with all of your STUPID faces
rage.gif
rage.gif

barbacoa is the only right answer

you all disgust me!

TAKE ME OFF THE LIST. I don't want to play in this league with all of your STUPID faces
rage.gif
rage.gif

They haven't served Barbacoa at any of the locations by me because it's not #ResponsiblyRaised

Don't even know what it tastes like

Somnia

I know shit happens, I would of course like you in, just saying why people are being pessimistic about it

It's fine I've said from post 1 that I know people would be. It's why I said I was fine not being the Cowboys. I just disagree with the suggested "rules".

My "hm" was to Wellie suggesting the loser of his and AT get the cowboys when it's never been that way. You lose your game for your team you have to pick from the list like everyone else.

LJ11

I'm definitely in, 100%.

If for some reason rinse does not play I will take the Bills, if not I'll find some team, preferably in the NFC West so I can try and beat FMT at least once a year.

Edit: Read that they're really working on the FB targeting AI so two back offenses are not completely shit this year.

BigAT

I'm definitely in, 100%.

If for some reason rinse does not play I will take the Bills, if not I'll find some team, preferably in the NFC West so I can try and beat FMT at least once a year.

Edit: Read that they're really working on the FB targeting AI so two back offenses are not completely shit this year.

You do know there aren't any cards in this, right?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
It's fine I've said from post 1 that I know people would be. It's why I said I was fine not being the Cowboys. I just disagree with the suggested "rules".

My "hm" was to Wellie suggesting the loser of his and AT get the cowboys when it's never been that way. You lose your game for your team you have to pick from the list like everyone else.
Yes and AT will take the Cowboys duh

I'm definitely in, 100%.

Let's make a deal for Sammy Watkins, friend.

LJ11

You do know there aren't any cards in this, right?

It's going to be rough, I'll make due.

Lost earlier today to a scrub, overplayed the 4 verts because I thought my extra fast LB would get to it, guess not! Probably a bad idea to bait a pick on 4th and 14 inside the 20.

I'm expecting the D to play much differently this year too, nothing I read just what I assume. Easy to bring pressure last year. I know one Madden nerd has sent the OL AI programmer a ton of blitzes that were OP last year, lot of OP shit last year.

I'm glad I kept playing throughout the year. I was pretty awful last year on O, and my D was one note.

It's going to be rough, I'll make due.

Lost earlier today to a scrub, overplayed the 4 verts because I thought my extra fast LB would get to it, guess not! Probably a bad idea to bait a pick on 4th and 14 inside the 20.

I'm expecting the D to play much differently this year too, nothing I read just what I assume. Easy to bring pressure last year. I know one Madden nerd has sent the OL AI programmer a ton of blitzes that were OP last year, lot of OP shit last year.

I'm glad I kept playing throughout the year. I was pretty awful last year on O, and my D was one note.

Overloads were really powerful last year, hope they fix it and allow the o-line to readjust on the fly and shift more naturally to counter the overloads.

Greg

can you make a draft list this time? can you even queue up a single pick during the round?

nothing like having your player highlighted when your turn happens, but you have to back out through laggy menus just to be able to select them

LJ11

Overloads were really powerful last year, hope they fix it and allow the o-line to readjust on the fly and shift more naturally to counter the overloads.

Blitzing from depth or from the outside just killed the AI at times. Sending an OLB from the right angle could wreck an OL.

Back in Madden 2010 and NCAA with King Tebow cover 3-4 Even was my go to D. Was so good. Well it was back this year too, because it was broken as hell. Reblitzing a DT would get the DT to come in unblocked, or blitzing the OLB depending on the play. Just broken.

I've run into a lot of broken shit. Some of the guys who play are quite creative on D though, and at times you have to concentrate on blocking things up even though it seems impossible. It's hard to stop at times, but it can be done. I basically stopped upgrading my OL because of it. I'm not planning on holding on to the ball long, the better players will get you sacked regardless of who your 99 OL man is. I also don't run the ball at all anymore.

The user catching with a tall WR is really OP, and I hope this aggressive catch shit doesn't break the game. Madden community can be filled with assholes but there are some pretty creative players out there.

Edit: Play art is also so deceiving, I wish they would fix this already. It's really a good idea to test every play in a playbook, at least view the art on field because there are plays that you think are shit but are anything but.

can you make a draft list this time? can you even queue up a single pick during the round?

nothing like having your player highlighted when your turn happens, but you have to back out through laggy menus just to be able to select them

i thought i read something about online drafting (from the web) but i might have dreamed it

Blitzing from depth or from the outside just killed the AI at times. Sending an OLB from the right angle could wreck an OL.

Back in Madden 2010 and NCAA with King Tebow cover 3-4 Even was my go to D. Was so good. Well it was back this year too, because it was broken as hell. Reblitzing a DT would get the DT to come in unblocked, or blitzing the OLB depending on the play. Just broken.

I've run into a lot of broken shit. Some of the guys who play are quite creative on D though, and at times you have to concentrate on blocking things up even though it seems impossible. It's hard to stop at times, but it can be done. I basically stopped upgrading my OL because of it. I'm not planning on holding on to the ball long, the better players will get you sacked regardless of who your 99 OL man is. I also don't run the ball at all anymore.

The user catching with a tall WR is really OP, and I hope this aggressive catch shit doesn't break the game. Madden community can be filled with assholes but there are some pretty creative players out there.

I forgot, you play MUT.

I don't know how you do it, shit isn't even Football, it's just seeing who can break the game the best

LJ11

I forgot, you play MUT.

I don't know how you do it, shit isn't even Football, it's just seeing who can break the game the best

At times it does.

A couple of weeks ago I played the number 3 player on PS4, or was until he restarted. Lost by a FG. Ronnie Lott kept me in it with some insane plays. I knew what was coming but it was tough to stop. I think he took it easy on me to be frank. I tried to make reads but his blitzes were just too fast and he knew what plays I was running, he knew the book. Still, the only tough thing was this shaking blitz shit he did, the rest you could block up but you had to motion a blocker. It's just annoying to have to do it every play.

I hit him with some good blitzes but he just killed my flats. Actually had more luck playing coverage because he was reading flats first and it threw him off when I actually covered them up.

Speaking of drafting, I can't wait for the new draft system, seems like they really simplified it and got rid of all the stupid shit. And we get the combine stats too!

Fantasy draft mode is the replacement for MUT. They give you a shit team, you pick a coach which influences your initial roster and playbook, then they give you 3 random players to pick from for 11 rounds and these randoms are better than the guys you start with.

It was horribly balanced and not very fun IMO but it was the big new thing they focused on talking about and showing off at E3.

Fantasy draft mode is the replacement for MUT. They give you a shit team, you pick a coach which influences your initial roster and playbook, then they give you 3 random players to pick from for 11 rounds and these randoms are better than the guys you start with.

It was horribly balanced and not very fun IMO but it was the big new thing they focused on talking about and showing off at E3.

no no no, not fantasy drafting.

The new scouting/franchise drafting system.

DJ Bowser

I've never actually had chipotle, closest one is like 40 minutes away.

Am I missing the joys of life?

I probably have averaged eating Chipotle 2-3 times a week for the last 8 years. I have gotten the same burrito every single time (except for changing when they made the transition to brown rice) and have never gotten tired of it or upset I ate there.

The only acceptable answer to meat choice is chicken. That marinade is divine.

Fajita veggies, mild salsa, sour cream, cheese, and black beans along with the chicken is a concoction that illuminates a spark of meaning in the void of mere being.

Top Bottom