• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden '16 PS4 Online Franchise interest thread: Captains Mode

I probably have averaged eating Chipotle 2-3 times a week for the last 8 years. I have gotten the same burrito every single time (except for changing when they made the transition to brown rice) and have never gotten tired of it or upset I ate there.

The only acceptable answer to meat choice is chicken. That marinade is divine.

Fajita veggies, mild salsa, sour cream, cheese, and black beans along with the chicken is a concoction that illuminates a spark of meaning in the void of mere being.

Yes

I'll give you that one I guess, just never been a huge fan of Qdoba. Maybe the ones around here aren't very good.

You're in DFW right? Yeah, it's not that great. My friends and I used to debate during HS lunch if we should do Chipotle for Qdoba and sadly Qdoba won usually because it happened to be close to a place that served bubble tea and shit

But in NYC, Qdoba had 5 dollar burritos after 5 PM and my school was close to one soooooooooo....

Greg

Chipotle is my favorite, but does anyone have Hot Head Burrito around them?

definitely lesser quality food, but the sauces are so damn good

sweet habanero!

Sanjuro

I'll give you that one I guess, just never been a huge fan of Qdoba. Maybe the ones around here aren't very good.

I mean, same shit. More options, chicken generally tastes less dry. Qdoba employees are generally less full of themselves and will do whatever you ask.

I get the queso sauce and have them put the burrito on the grill to make it nice and crispy. Everytime I've asked that at Chipotle, I get shot down.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I have a Mexican spot by me that destroys both Chipotle and Qdoba. It's so fucking good I thought about sending it in to DDD but it's already getting too popular and Fieri is a douche so I didn't.

I was off a week working on my house 2 years ago or whatever, I am pretty sure I ate there 6 times.

Never tell DDD about anything! The Whales Rib is always on a wait and their prices have gone up now :(

Also, Moe's is the best as long as it's a good Moe's. Their standards vary from store to store...

Sanjuro

I have a Mexican spot by me that destroys both Chipotle and Qdoba. It's so fucking good I thought about sending it in to DDD but it's already getting too popular and Fieri is a douche so I didn't.

I was off a week working on my house 2 years ago or whatever, I am pretty sure I ate there 6 times.

Yeah. Around Boston there are a few excellent places. Providence has some taco trucks at some great bars. Around me? Portuguese cuisine and variants of it spread out thin.

That's why both chains feel the same to me, it's just lacking but decent fake food.

eznark

Banned
Guys I am probably going to the Dominican Republic over Labor Day weekend with a group of buddies (not family). Phee, Welli, CB, Crow, Drizz... what should I do there?

Ferny

"We are staying in Sousa at Villa Chessa"

That is all I know

That area is fine. That specific establishment is meh in my experience, but the money you'll save can be used on BOOZE! I would definitely take a day and go to Punta Cana. Food and drinks are great out there. I believe it's a 4-5 hour drive, but it's worth it for sure. I usually stay on the Santo Domingo side tho so most of what I know is on that side of the island.

eznark

Banned
That area is fine. That specific establishment is meh in my experience, but the money you'll save can be used on BOOZE! I would definitely take a day and go to Punta Cana. Food and drinks are great out there. I believe it's a 4-5 hour drive, but it's worth it for sure. I usually stay on the Santo Domingo side tho so most of what I know is on that side of the island.

Is it like any other third world country where enough dinero will let you do whatever you want?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Guys I am probably going to the Dominican Republic over Labor Day weekend with a group of buddies (not family). Phee, Welli, CB, Crow, Drizz... what should I do there?
Cool I just came back from a family wedding in DR last week, I stayed with them in Santo Domingo.

I am not too familiar with Sosua to be honest. The closest "big city" is Puerto Plata, which you should check out if you could.

To be honest with you, much of what there is to see in the DR is by the capitol. It's a LONG drive from where you are and unless you're staying there for a large number of days I suggest simply staying in the Sosua/Puerto Plata area. Aside from that, it will be typical Caribbean stuff - excursions, tours, drinking, and whores. Your money will stretch a long way as currently the exchange is around $1 = 45 Dominican Pesos.

When we went to the Puerto Plata area about 8 years back, the best activities were ATVs/Dune Buggies and picking up girls by the pool area of the resort.

eznark

Banned
I have no idea how long I am going. My buddy called this afternoon and said "hey, let's go to the dominican my friend knows the guy who owns this place in a dump called Sousa." So I said ok. I guess a week or so, maybe a bit less.

Shit. Probably why these fuckers don't want to go to a big city.....

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Upfront, it kind of changed my perspective a bit going forward. I'm a hard worker and I get paid well but with the exchange rate down there -

My grandmother rents a large 3 BR house with a covered driveway - Equivalent of $250 a month

My cousin is actually doing pretty well for himself working at a bank, his salary - Equivalent of $1000 a month

Large meal for me, my cousin, uncle, and dad, with tons of beer - Equivalent of $50

Really made me think about what I am doing up here. Granted, the 'amenities' in general kind of sucked in many areas but the rat race is kinda shitty.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I have no idea how long I am going. My buddy called this afternoon and said "hey, let's go to the dominican my friend knows the guy who owns this place in a dump called Sousa." So I said ok. I guess a week or so, maybe a bit less.

Shit. Probably why these fuckers don't want to go to a big city.....

You can get like 20 women for $3k if you wanted.

I've only heard stories tho.

eznark

Banned
I think there are like a dozen of us going and he told me everyone brings around $3k cash. It sounds like we can do a lot of damage.....

Upfront, it kind of changed my perspective a bit going forward. I'm a hard worker and I get paid well but with the exchange rate down there -

My grandmother rents a large 3 BR house with a covered driveway - Equivalent of $250 a month

My cousin is actually doing pretty well for himself working at a bank, his salary - Equivalent of $1000 a month

Large meal for me, my cousin, uncle, and dad, with tons of beer - Equivalent of $50

Really made me think about what I am doing up here. Granted, the 'amenities' in general kind of sucked in many areas but the rat race is kinda shitty.

which borough are you in again?

eznark

Banned
If you come back alive, I'd be surprised.

Either way it'll probably be

jayson-werth-baseball-headshot-photo.jpg

If you lived or been to Florida, Tijuana Flats make great burritos and they have a bunch of sauces.
tijuana flats isn't a mission style burrito. Not comparable! I used to like them more but they've gotten cheap on the filling. The toasted tortillas are amazing though.

And ez, I'm not Dominican nor have I ever been to that island. If you're ever in SoFla tho I'm your guy.

Top Bottom