• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden 2005 commercial...what's with the GCN logo after it?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Anyone see the Madden 2005 commercial yet? I thought it was weird that after the commercial and the "EA Sports it's in the game" motto, they showed the Gamecube logo with the "Gamecube" whisper and on the screen said "Save your season on memory card 1019"
What's going on? Are they trying to make it look llike Madden 2005 is a GCN exclusive like Soul Calibur 2? :p

Alcibiades

In all seriousness, it probably has to do with the 24-game (approximately) a year commitment that the GCN gets from EA, as they made some sort of deal with Nintendo to bring their titles along with exploration of connectivity and some other stuff(announced a while back, and they probably renewed some aspects for this year)...

In all likelihood, Nintendo probably gives EA a good royaltly decrease in exchange for stuff like this, the GCN gets some publicity (last year it was "get connected"), and the PS2 and XBox versions already get great word of mouth, so EA figures they want to gain a strong share in their weakest sports-market console...

Joe

it changes all the time. i was watching espn for a few hours straight a couple days ago and i saw a straight madden commercial with nothing at the end besides a giant ea logo, then one with a giant xbox live logo, and one with a gamecube logo.

Like it's any better than the XBox Live commercial... And they did that for PS2 Online last year... In fact, an EA Sports PS2 Online commercial.

It's just a way for a console maker to promote their system through a commercial. I don't work in marketing for game companies, but I will assume that the console maker will kick down an amount to help shoulder costs to run the ad, as well as production.

Top Bottom