• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden 2005 - Gamespot review

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
8.8 - GC
9.0 - PS2/Xbox

http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/sports/maddennfl2005/review.html
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/sports/maddennfl2005/review.html

"When all is said and done, Madden NFL 2005 is still Madden. That is to say, it's another superb game of football that continues Madden's long legacy as one of the best in the business. The defensive changes made to the gameplay are likely going to set the standard for football games in the years to come, and the additions to the franchise mode easily make the mode the best of its kind. It's unfortunate that the other portions of Madden NFL 2005 aren't quite as improved over last year's installment in the series as these key areas are, but that small quibble shouldn't stop any Madden fan from running out to purchase yet another highly accomplished game of football in Madden NFL 2005."

DMczaf

Alex Navarro? The same guy who said this about ESPN NFL 2K5

Aside from a couple of odd coverage lineups here and there, the defensive AI is superb, and when you're going up against a high-ranked defense, look out

I'll be sure to tell my CBs who run around in circles, watch the ball fly over their head, and forget who they are covering this.

MaddenNFL64

I love the Madden series, and i'm buying 2005 (Xbox version) as well. With that said, only sports games can use the same basic code for years, and still get almost perfect scores.

I'll probably get hate for saying that, but oh well.

If you could take the presentation and graphics in ESPN and mix it with the gameplay in Madden then you would have perfection. I guess we will have to wait for Xbox 2 to see EA really push it to the next level with their graphics engine.

Mrbob

DMczaf said:
Alex Navarro? The same guy who said this about ESPN NFL 2K5

Aside from a couple of odd coverage lineups here and there, the defensive AI is superb, and when you're going up against a high-ranked defense, look out

I'll be sure to tell my CBs who run around in circles, watch the ball fly over their head, and forget who they are covering this.

Wow. I didn't know that. Don't let this man review a sports game ever again. The AI pursuit, even on Legend setting, is pathetic.

Top Bottom