• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden 2005 interview

DMczaf

http://www.3davenue.com/index.php?mod=article&id=767

It’s actually in-season progression. Our goal was to evaluate each player three times during the season, to determine how consistent his level of play is. In the offseason, the players will experience physical progression, meaning only their physical attributes will change (speed, agility, throwing power). The thing I love about this year is that you can really take a guy like Ken Dorsey and turn him into a superstar if he has a Pro Bowl caliber season. Nobody has been able to do that in any other sports game to-date. He’ll obviously be limited by his physical ability, but his awareness and accuracy will improve as he proves himself on the field.

How deep is Storyline Central? It’s one of the deepest features we’ve ever created. We literally created a newspaper from scratch, writing every headline and article for any situation that happens in the game. If you change your depth chart, you’ll read a story about it. If your star player is sitting on the bench, you’ll read about it. And The Tony Bruno Show on EA Sports Radio is just as deep. Tony not only touches on what’s going on around the league, but he also gives his take on different aspects of the NFL. He even takes calls from coaches, players and fans and provides you with his signature brand of humor and insight. I think it’s much more interesting than what other games out there are doing in terms of presentation.

The first change that you will notice is the changes to the running system, whereby the player will turn, pivot, and cut much more realistically, rather than the jerky 8-way movement in other games. Playbooks have had tons of additions and changes, we use our license with the NFL Coaches Club to meet with real NFL coaches, and this really gives us an advantage in getting ultra-realistic playbooks. A.I. has been dramatically improved across the board as well, with defensive coverage getting the most attention.

How about random occurrences that you don’t often see? For example, Eli Manning’s stance on being drafted as a Charger. Can we expect outbursts like this that may only happen once in every 10, 20 seasons on average?

This didn’t make the list for Madden 2005. Definitely something to consider for future versions however.

LOL

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
*Drools*

Storyline sounds F%^$ing awesome!!! I have been wanting something like this for some time... no only if there were off field problems Drugs, hookers, wife abuse, driving a van with 37 kilos of pot in it.. things like that and hot damn we'd be really playing the NFL

Mrbob

Turn Dorsey into a ProBowler?

This game is a joke -or- a gift from god to make this occurrence happen!

Ristamar

Blackace said:
...if there were off field problems Drugs, hookers, wife abuse, driving a van with 37 kilos of pot in it.. things like that and hot damn we'd be really playing the NFL

Someone, anyone, hire this man...

I've been yearning for the off-field drama in sports titles for years.

Maverick

box_nfl2k5_x.jpg

=P

Top Bottom