• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden DS pics

Kon Tiki

Banned
madden1.jpg
madden2.jpg
madden3.jpg

Jeebus! Gamespot have GOT to be joking.. hopefully poking fun at IGN... if not, then WOW.

Can anyone be arsed resizing all these. I can't tell whether or not these would look good at 256 x whatever it is.

And I'm lazy.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Can anyone be arsed resizing all these. I can't tell whether or not these would look good at 256 x whatever it is.

Because EA releases them at the super high resolution for PRINT.

Insertia

shame. Madden for n64 looked amazing, far better then it's ugly PS cousin.
Now that I think of it, Quaterback Club 2001 looked almost as good as a DC launch title.

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
That looks good actually. People need to keep realistic expectations reg. DS 3d. This @ 60 fps is about as good as it going to get.

aoi tsuki

Am i missing something? Graphically, this is about what i expected. DS isn't a graphical powerhouse like PSP, but at least the graphical quality has remained fiarly, if not completely consistent through all showings of the software.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Not bad. Quite good in fact.

Certainly the best looking EA game we've seen so far. Gives me some hop eofr Goldeneye: RA.

Insertia

aoi tsuki said:
Am i missing something? Graphically, this is about what i expected. DS isn't a graphical powerhouse like PSP, but at least the graphical quality has remained fiarly, if not completely consistent through all showings of the software.

you missed the large gamespot screens.

922237_20041007_screen004.jpg

922237_20041007_screen003.jpg

impirius

The perspective looks very close to the field in the third picture. Will we have to rely on the bottom screen to see our receivers?

Kon Tiki

Banned
Madden 2005 NDS Features

Wireless head-to-head gaming

Use the NDS touch screen to make life easier
o Playcall screen
o Kick meter
o Select audibles at the line of scrimmage
o Using Field Radar, see where all 22 players are on the field on one screen while seeing the key action on the other

The most realistic looking hand-held sports game ever
o Finest 3D graphics on handheld
o Actual NFL uniforms for all 32 NFL teams
o Stay on the field during playcalling
o Player portraits for each NFL player

Deepest handheld sports game ever
o Full season mode, with more individual statistics
o Detailed player attributes
o Fun game modes: Situation Mode, 2 Minute Drill
o Pre-game match-up breakdowns

Breakthrough gameplay innovation for handheld
o Utilize 5-wide receiver sets
o Let your QB scramble to buy more time or pick up yardage on the ground

Press Kit

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
WTF is the point in blowing up screens that much? Not only does it look horrible but the screens are much bigger than most ppl's screen resolutions. And it takes up a lot more space on their servers.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
That looks good actually. People need to keep realistic expectations reg. DS 3d. This @ 60 fps is about as good as it going to get.
It would be refreshing if you'd apply that logic and restrain in the PSP threads as well.

Fatalah

mark my words --- the Sims on the DS will be as big as pokemon.

I cannot wait the Sims to come over. the stylus is perfect.

Insertia said:
shame. Madden for n64 looked amazing, far better then it's ugly PS cousin.
Now that I think of it, Quaterback Club 2001 looked almost as good as a DC launch title.

Uhhm, this is pretty much exactly what the Madden 64 games looked like. And the N64 QB Club games were nice and "HI-REZ!!!", but had horribly modeled players and ran at like 5 fps. DC launch title? No. There actually was a QB Club game for DC at launch and it looked like shit too.

jarrod

Banned
Marconelly said:
It would be refreshing if you'd apply that logic and restrain in the PSP threads as well.
Well, it could have something to do with expectations set down by the hardware makers...

According to Sony, PSP~ 33,000,000 polygons per second
According to Nintendo, DS~ 120,000 polygons per second

Insertia

Ninja Scooter said:
Uhhm, this is pretty much exactly what the Madden 64 games looked like. And the N64 QB Club games were nice and "HI-REZ!!!", but had horribly modeled players and ran at like 5 fps. DC launch title? No. There actually was a QB Club game for DC at launch and it looked like shit too.

Madden for n64 looks far better then Madden DS. The DS version doesn't even have real textures, just flat colors (not even their names on the jerseys). I remember EGM's review raving about how it looked similiar to Madden for PS2. I wouldn't go as far to say they were right, but it did look nice.

1.jpg

7.jpg

And Quaterback Club much like all of Acclaims n64 sports titles looked fantastic. In motion it's definetly passable for an early DC game.

12.jpg

17.jpg

qube4.jpg

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
jarrod said:
Well, it could have something to do with expectations set down by the hardware makers...

According to Sony, PSP~ 33,000,000 polygons per second
According to Nintendo, DS~ 120,000 polygons per second
Cybamerc doesn't strike me as the type who has a hard time distinguishing between peak and actual in-game performance estimates. So that doesn't explain it.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
That looks vomit-inducing bad... almost as bad as that Tiger Woods game... I seriously expect more from the DS than this, this looks like 3D0 level 3D...

Koshiro

Okay I don't even like American Football, but even I can safely say that looks a damn site better than EA's previous offerings. I don't have much of a problem with it visually at all, although the blown up screens defy belief.

Brofist

Koshiro said:
Okay I don't even like American Football, but even I can safely say that looks a damn site better than EA's previous offerings. I don't have much of a problem with it visually at all, although the blown up screens defy belief.

?? do you mean EA's offerings on the handhelds...cause of course it looks better than GBA Madden. If you mean better than previous offerings meaning the latest console versions well I can't help you then :)

It's hard to see anything in that video but at least it looks pretty smooth. I think
touch screen is more of a big deal than the graphics.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
the video quality is horrible.. it's divided up into like 32x32 macroblocks. :(

that being said, you guys who are saying the game looks awful are just hating.. the game looks awesome for a handheld. certainly the best football graphics we've ever seen on a handheld.

Madden on the PSP will probably look better, but without a second screen for play calling and wireless as an add-on, I'll take the DS thank you.

Brofist

I'll take a portable PS2 level Madden with real analog control over PSX Madden with touch screen play calling any day of the week.

Koshiro

kpop100 said:
?? do you mean EA's offerings on the handhelds...cause of course it looks better than GBA Madden. If you mean better than previous offerings meaning the latest console versions well I can't help you then :)
I mean it looks better than EA's other DS games shown thus far.

The touch screen/ dual screen makes things much more interactive and intuitive. Just faster to play which is a huge pet peeve I have with console games.
Now when you come up to a keypad in a FPS you can actually punch in the code with the stylus instead of fumbling with some awkward cursor.

Little things like that are what makes this system great to me.

Top Bottom