• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden NFL '15 |OT| Now This is Current Gen

Malalaw

After the midnight release I went home and dove into the connected career as a QB. I am digging the game prep addition. Gonna take it slow this year and not be an instant starter for once. Gonna earn it this time.

hlhbk

What's with the graphics in this game? This isn't the the best looking sports game I've seen on next gen. Still reminds me of PS2 graphics in HD.

Madden 2005 PS2 Charles Woodson:

dfcb.jpg

Madden 15 Charles Woodson:

efcb.jpg

Um yeah. There is no difference at all! :)

shandy706

The intro commentary was because the last time the Patriots and Panthers were in the Super Bowl, Jake Delhomme was the QB and he had a great year.

That might make sense if they didn't repeat that commentary in games where I didn't play the Patriots.

I'll check again when I get a chance to see if it has any real relevance or if it's just included for no reason.

Bsigg12

Okay NFL gaf, noob question: How hard are these games to get into? i've never played an NFL game before but im tempted to try this out.

The training activities in this year's game are actually very, very useful. Before you dive into a game you should play through all the training stuff and you'll get a pretty good feel for how to play and what each thing means. Overall I would say there is a little learning curve but that's more specific to the way the sport of football is to newcomers.

IndustryX

Really really like the football concepts tutorial I really needed tips on recognizing defensively schemes and this helped immensely.

Zoda

Neo Member
Is MUT still online only? It used to be both on and offline for a few years so just curious as to if they went back to that route or not.

ShaneB

I wish Madden games would still come out on PC. Don't have a current gen console.

I've been playing 08 PC for a while, and it's been great fun, but figured I should just finally suck it up and get a Maddenstation 4 for this. =/

Of course, the day after I buy it, news will come out that it's coming to PC.

Varg

Banned
After skipping out on madden for the past two years, I can safely say i'm pretty impressed by the overall package. Been playing all day and the online games have been nail biters.

When did EA do away with the "match up" feature? This very important to football. I can no longer go to the options screen and select my best DB vs. the No. 1 WR. Why was this taken out of the game?

Also, they need to fix the challenge system, you can't even challenge the CPU select what they want to challenge.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
The people complaining about the auto-stuff are dumb. Go into the settings and turn that stuff off...pretty simple.

As for the game speed, crank it up if you want to, I put it at standard, the default is slow.

I swear...do people even look at the options for games? The default is always going to be crap, it's for the average or below-average gamer. Seriously...

Dominator

I was playing a guy online before and he only ever had a 7 point lead on me and he was gloating so much. Some of the highlights"Bro I'm streaming this game on Twitch you're getting embarrassed you should just quit", and "This game is only for the elite baby, you should just stop playing".

I wish he could hear me because I was laughing so damn hard. I was just listening to him through the TV.

Dante316

When you add an item to add to set, does that mean you can no longer use that card? Game is too huge and cards come rarely lol and that would make it harder...

Afrikan

they give you like NO time to pick plays on defense. It's like they want/forcing you to use their suggested plays. Fucking annoying.

Afrikan

You can hit circle or b to get into your playcall on defense.

I know...and when you try to quickly do this on offense...it thinks you are trying to do a no huddle spike.

but on defense, even when you do...you don't get much time to pick a defense. I like to do formation subs...can't do that let alone search for a play.

AND THE DUMBEST SHIT IN THE WORLD, it doesn't tell you the down and distance when picking a play after certain point... it does the little replay or cut scene and it doesn't show you ANYWhere, when you are choosing your play. You have to remember the distance right after the play happens.

Afrikan

Oh. Sorry.

it's cool man.....it's just that when decisions are made that don't make sense to me, I start losing my mind trying to understand or give the benefit of the doubt...like what the hell were they thinking????...how hard is it to notice that the down and distance is not showing, when testing the game....or when ever. Little things like that boggle my mind.

I mean this is the first time EVER in a football videogame I've seen this happen.

mrpookles

Is it worth getting? I think the last Madden I enjoyed properly was M12 - dropped the last two after a couple of dozen hours.

Really liking this. Im no Madden vet (25 was my first) but this is leaps and bounds better. Accidentally got into a MP match in MUT aswell (I don't even know what I'm doing) and had a crazy first real match where I actually managed to win.

But yeah. So good. Want to go home and play more! Is it worth it to play MUT though?

Top Bottom