• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Offseason Thread: There's a terror in knowing what this thread is about

BigAT

Forgetting golem at 6 was not part of the plan!
It became part of the plan when you became so obsessed with stats that you ignored your ult. We were team fighting in the bottom lane and instead of coming down with golem/fatal bonds to help, you had an extra 2 strength.

Also I put a second point in stats at level 5, at which point we were already somewhere between 4-6k down, so there had to be more than 1 kill on the board.
I glanced at the replay this morning, it was 1-0 when you started going stats. It was probably actually 0-0 if you went stats at level 3. You also said you were doing a stats build before the game even started.

The level 3 stats I would've done regardless to try and help in the lane against dickface ion shell.
This is really ridiculous. An extra point in either of his abilities would have helped significantly more against Dark Seer. It's saying "I bought these two iron branches, this lane is ours now!"

Really though I just found it amusing that the way that game was going I was the one you chose to backseat drive. We shut that Dark Seer the fuck down. (thanks to all those creeps getting fatal bonds!
This isn't even really true. We talked at length about what could have potentially been done differently in the bottom lane. I apologized for messing up the missing call that resulted in first blood. The difference is no one started the game by saying "I have a plan, I'm going to feed bottom lane". You went in with a plan not to level Warlock's best ability.

eznark

Banned
Iron branches are the best item in the game! Stats build redeemed! I had no TP nor money for a TP so not sure how a misskill impacted that team fight one way or another.

If I had really been committed to the stats build from the jump though I would've skipped bonds at level 2 and done it at 5 (or fuck bonds altogether!) Get out of your box and live a little. If I could've leveled W four times in a row obviously I would've done that. Linking three creeps, one ioned, was actually doing a good job keeping the creep equilibrium at a manageable place for Brent.

Q is only his best ability if we can actually do damage to their heroes. 20% of nothing is the same amount of damage on 3 heroes as it is on 5.

I didn't ignore my ult, just didn't realize that was six, thought it was five. Someday you'll make a mistake and know how much it hurts.

Mrbob

I bought diablo off the Playstation store. Pre loading starts in a couple hours.

Gotta check out the free garden warfare play time. You getting it for ps4 or PC?

eznark

Banned
Buying pvz on ps4. Only $40 and it'll be nice to have a drop in shooter to play every now and then.

I was going to get diablo if a bunch of people got it. I beat it twice on PC but eh, dunno.

Greg

No

All other shooters are the LoL of CS:GO
a TPS has more strategy involved based on the camera alone, and even more so if there's independent camera movement

Buying pvz on ps4. Only $40 and it'll be nice to have a drop in shooter to play every now and then.

I was going to get diablo if a bunch of people got it. I beat it twice on PC but eh, dunno.
you'll buy Diablo again after you already beat it on PC twice, but you won't give PoE a chance?!

Mrbob

Diablo 3 being patched up with the Reaper of Souls expansion is pretty amazing. Much better than vanilla Diablo 3. Some cool console specific features too like being able to gift legendaries to friends and the nemesis system sounds cool. There is a thread on gaming side with a list of people buying Diablo 3 and I've made about another 15 friends from that thread. Lots of people playing it on PS4. At the very least I may get some legendary gifts from them.

BigAT

Yea. Can't see myself giving that game another chance.
Kind of sad. Diablo 1 was such a staple of my youth.

I put a ridiculous number of hours into Diablo II, D3 was such a disappointment. They made so many awful design decisions. I quit shortly after realizing my friend was doing significantly better by playing the auction house than I was playing the actual game. I tried it again shortly before the expansion. They made a lot of smart improvements, but it just wasn't nearly enough.

eznark

Banned
I gave it two chances! One in alpha and one at release. Just didn't grab me. Seemed cumbersome and some of the mechanics seemed made for ftp cash ins.

Greg

I gave it two chances! One in alpha and one at release. Just didn't grab me. Seemed cumbersome and some of the mechanics seemed made for ftp cash ins.
all the things you could buy are all cosmetic except for the extra stash spaces (unless I'm reading what you're saying wrong)

I haven't played in a while, but they've reworked a lot of things apparently - a few talent tree reworks as well

a TPS has more strategy involved based on the camera alone, and even more so if there's independent camera movement

you'll buy Diablo again after you already beat it on PC twice, but you won't give PoE a chance?!

But CS requires excellent teamwork and there aren't bullshit perks and all that garbage
Only thing I dislike is when I play like shit or the other team decides it's awps all the time

Greg

I thought there was something with attribute bonuses. Probably wrong. I certainly didn't give it a fair chance.
nah, it's all cosmetic

the only thing I ever had an issue with was the in-game trade - they didn't want to implement an AH (to detract farmers), so you actually have to deal with players to make trades

it allows you to really hustle people on things because the currency values always fluctuate, but it makes it difficult to filter through all the junk items in trade chat

game is great though because there are so many ways you can build your character regardless of what class you select, and some of the newer support gems add all kind of weird combos

But CS requires excellent teamwork and there aren't bullshit perks and all that garbage
Only thing I dislike is when I play like shit or the other team decides it's awps all the time
oh, I'm all for getting perks and bullshit out of games, but at their core there is a lot more room for strategy in TPS games because you're responsible for seeing more than what's right in front of you

Ferny

has it improved since last year? i played it a bit after launch and it was very glitchy

A LOT. I stopped right around that time as well. There are tons of things in there now. It even has raids which is kind of nuts. Also they tweaked it so you can actually save up with in game currency for specific heroes instead of it being 100% random.

BigAT

tumblr_m4n7hf553A1qhi6zlo1_500.gif

USA!

Somnia

I think I'm going to hold off on Diablo on PS4. I have Madden and Destiny real close together which will be all I really do in September. October has Alien, The Evil Within and Assassin's Creed (and MAYBE sleeping dogs depending on the price) and November has Call of Duty and Dragon Age (may get Far Cry 4 dunno yet)... there'll be some indies thrown in for sure though.

lol, I said that exact thing to someone while we were observing the Meepo feedfest.

I picked Blood Cyka after I realized Live-Wire wasn't going to re-pick. You should've heard the salt spewed by our team in that game.
surprise.gif

Then I played another game with Live-wire where our Storm Spirit built two Blood stones.

facepalm.gif

Top Bottom