• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Offseason Thread: There's a terror in knowing what this thread is about

cdyhybrid

zsb9QPa.png

E3UJbG2.gif

I'm auditioning for a symphony job that I really want, and it's getting down to crunch time. Got to pool all my efforts in there, and unfortunately "Oh it's 9 PM, DOTA time!" needs to be nowhere on the priority list for right now.

BigAT

Splat buddy...you have GOT to be better about not dying so much.

"Hey, you were new once too. I'm sure you died a lot then."

They got rid of the record from Dotabuff so I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure my record for most deaths in a game is 16. That's throughout my Dota career, coming in having never played a single game of any MOBA. You've got all these games here, 17 deaths, 18 deaths, 16, 15.

You just can't do that to your teammates. It makes it impossible for them to even attempt to drag your ass up from a sub-par game. I've seen you in too many games where you're underleveled and an easy target for the other team, but you're still pushing up and you're out of position. You need to recognize that and play even more cautiously, it's not like you get more powerful with each death. Take a page from FMT, after 15-20 minutes you need to be sticking with your team at all times and playing safer.

eznark

Banned
Went back to the standard layout, felt weird. Forgot to crank the camera up (I had slowed it down a bit for WASD). feels better.

Batrider is too easy
against hard bots

Splat

Splat buddy...you have GOT to be better about not dying so much.

"Hey, you were new once too. I'm sure you died a lot then."

They got rid of the record from Dotabuff so I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure my record for most deaths in a game is 16. That's throughout my Dota career, coming in having never played a single game of any MOBA. You've got all these games here, 17 deaths, 18 deaths, 16, 15.

You just can't do that to your teammates. It makes it impossible for them to even attempt to drag your ass up from a sub-par game. I've seen you in too many games where you're underleveled and an easy target for the other team, but you're still pushing up and you're out of position. You need to recognize that and play even more cautiously, it's not like you get more powerful with each death. Take a page from FMT, after 15-20 minutes you need to be sticking with your team at all times and playing safer.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm fully aware :( I'm on dota tilt. Maybe need to have some ambien before playing or something.

edit 2: I'm gonna learn to wreck games w/ offlane undying I think

The abandon was a game where i got stuck on a team w/ someone who decided to just feed our courier to them all game, didn't help the tilt :(

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Splat used all his skill to help us in the grudge matches. He has to refill the skill tank.

Sometimes I just have terrible games. Thankfully I'll have a small break and will feel refreshed when I come back.

Also, I've lost 7 pounds in a week. How the fuck?

I'm 5'11 3/4 and 150-155. So I'm borderline thin-average. I think I've been eating a lot less, but not really that much. I've been fucking stressed like crazy though, that's probably got something to do with it.

From time to time, yeah

Oh lookie here guys. Your influence has spread from the Madden league to the MLB league...as well as a future Madden league member!

I need to win my last 4 games if I want a chance to get back to 2nd. Two of those teams have already beat me and I ended up coming back and beating the Pirates in extras. I'm starting to play like the real Braves! I bet I'm gonna lose in the 1st round just like they always do too lol

I've finally decided to download DOTA and give it a try. Am I making a mistake? lol

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Livewire you can't random. Its just not good

If you do random, and get meepo, you GOTTA repick. Its just...

You gotta

eznark

Banned
Bottom lane 0-10 ten minutes in.

"Ez your build sucks!"

Diaf AT.

I actually started a normal build but switched at level four since the game was over, that's why I misskilled at 6. I thought it was only five. Should've asked for a restart.

BigAT

Bottom lane 0-10 ten minutes in.

"Ez your build sucks!"

Diaf AT.

I actually started a normal build but switched at level four since the game was over, that's why I misskilled at 6. I thought it was only five. Should've asked for a restart.

What am I going to say there? It was a crazy strong All Pick lane combination run by smurfs. You were the only one being aggressively and intentionally stupid because "it worked in an in-house!" It seemed like a good thing to correct. Who else would ever gets stats at level 6 with Warlock instead of picking up Golem? I preempted it with "it's not the reason we lost" multiple times but you always ignored that so you could continue to be stubborn. And you went for that build when there was a single kill on the board, so let's not invent some bullshit narrative where about the game being over already when that obviously wasn't the case.

Wow, more than 200,000 people watching a CS:GO tournament. Counter-Strike is back?

eznark

Banned
I repeatedly said it was fun, not that it worked (in regards to the inhouse). The build goes W, stats, E and it just fucking destroys when you're team fighting or pushing because the heal keeps your damage dealer alive and the stats keep help to keep the slow going longer. It gets Warlock really tanky really fast. It should be a good build with the Titan and Ember. I was going to go q, I started the build like I normally do but at 4 instead of going back to Q I went to stats. Usually it's just w/stats then golem in the dumb deathball build.

Forgetting golem at 6 was not part of the plan!

Also I put a second point in stats at level 5, at which point we were already somewhere between 4-6k down, so there had to be more than 1 kill on the board. The level 3 stats I would've done regardless to try and help in the lane against dickface ion shell. Warlock's attack animation is so slow that he can't out-damage it early and I didn't want to have to keep chaining creeps.

Really though I just found it amusing that the way that game was going I was the one you chose to backseat drive. We shut that Dark Seer the fuck down. (thanks to all those creeps getting fatal bonds!)

Plus with 100 games on the hero, sometimes you just have to mix it up!

Top Bottom