• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden online franchise league Marvel vs. Capcom 3 thread: This ones.... for john!

Tournament 1:

Round 1:
* FMT - 4 vs. livewire - 1
* Crow vs. BigAT
* CB - 4 vs. Goldlion - 0
* Mrbob vs. DCX

Round 2:

Details:

* Best of 7
* You can use any team that you want in any of the games. In other words, you aren't stuck with one team for the entire matchup across 7 games.
* Report your results when finished
* Deadline is Saturday, 3/12/11 by 12 pm pst!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
They need to patch in an option to change the fucking time limit.
And spectator. Then the game will be perfect

yeah, i am fucking shocked there is no time limit option. i mean it's there for MVC2! come on!

i will accept spectator mode only, but if capcom was truly a great company they would patch in round robin for lobbys of 4 or more. why do 5 people need to be waiting for the other 2 to get done to move on? why can't it be an ACTUAL lobby where you can just challenge your friends in there?

i know you can technically send them a challenge and leave the lobby and play but thats just annoying.

yea man, the time limit got kind of lame. The fight where it came down to our Haggars was going to end in fucking fashion, but we got timed on. I want that rematch. I want the justice my Haggar deserves. Even though he won on the time-out, he deserves better!

HAGGAR ON HAGGAR ROUND 2!

DCX

DCX
I'm going to hit the lab today, waiting for the strat guide to come in the mail, should be here today. I will improve :)

DCX

Mrbob

I miss the the MvsC3 talk hidden in the Madden thread!

Also, does Capcom have any plans to upgrade the lobby? I can't believe how archaic the lobby setup is. Playing with more than 2 people in a lobby sucks. You are sitting there waiting watching two id cards hit each other for like 5 minutes.

BigAT

FrenchMovieTheme said:
nice!

i wonder whose dick needs to be sucked for capcom to put in proper lobbys and a time limit selection system in
And god forbid they add actually being able to search for people online.

CB3

I just played a dude with a team of Zero, Sentinel, and that dog from Okami, who took out my whole lifebar with zero in 1 combo. 1 fucking combo. shit was insanity

CB3

Ive figured out who FMT is in MvC3!

Brett-Favre-2010-Season-vs-New-England_photo_medium.jpg

One year too long, old friend.

thecoldone33 10:54 pm
its ok friend
your old now
its to be expected

whossorrynow015 is offline 10:54 pm
IMs are delivered when the buddy signs in. Send whossorrynow015 a text message

lawry's.jpg

LiveWire

FrenchMovieTheme said:
livewire got some of his own medicine late in our games! sentinel and magnetic disruptors!

Yea not bad! I needed to be more patient and teleport/counter/hyper as needed. Still ended up winning the most though. :) You need to team aerial combo more to build meter, you had a good # of launchers with Hulk but only followed up with a few hits.

And what's the deal with CB always bailing after one or two losses?

CB3

this game easily frustrates me with some of the characters and especially the time limit. how can you not put an option for infinite time? 75% of my battles end in a timeout. even when im on the winning side it feels like a cheap way out.

and after all that staring at a blank screen with that annoying music for 5 minutes just makes me impatient and rush into the next fight. no spectator mode is as ridiculous.

LiveWire

CB3 said:
and after all that staring at a blank screen with that annoying music for 5 minutes just makes me impatient and rush into the next fight. no spectator mode is as ridiculous.

I'll give you that, no spectator mode is just horrible.

LiveWire said:
Yea not bad! I needed to be more patient and teleport/counter/hyper as needed. Still ended up winning the most though. :) You need to team aerial combo more to build meter, you had a good # of launchers with Hulk but only followed up with a few hits.

And what's the deal with CB always bailing after one or two losses?

lol you won the most? i beat you more than you beat me. you have selective memory!

LiveWire

ggs FMT. Skin of my teeth on that last one. :D Also next time if you want me to switch to different teams more lemme know. I like practicing my main group for ranked mode but I'm happy to switch to more varied teams.

LiveWire said:
ggs FMT. Skin of my teeth on that last one. :D Also next time if you want me to switch to different teams more lemme know. I like practicing my main group for ranked mode but I'm happy to switch to more varied teams.

yeah, gg's. seemed to come down to who got who in an air combo with sent lol

and yeah, next time we'll switch up teams

FrenchMovieTheme said:
any of you losers around want to take a run at me?

Rude

and i'm game tomorrow night if anyone wants to learn to respect the pipe. I should be good anytime after 6 EST. And don't let me being drunk fool you into thinking you can win

goldlion054 said:
Rude

and i'm game tomorrow night if anyone wants to learn to respect the pipe. I should be good anytime after 6 EST. And don't let me being drunk fool you into thinking you can win

i will be around. and i do NOT respect the pipe!

Sorry FMT, just got back from the gym. We got involved in a basketball game with this asian kid in camo cargo shorts. He went agro on us man. He had the most explosive first step i had ever played against and fucking dribble-drived to the hoop on us and would just float in the air until he had an open look. Crazy

I'll just teach you to respeckt the pipe another day

LiveWire

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i'm getting tired of stomping out CB. i have destroyed him every night this week. we need some fresh meat!

I'll be on later tonight around 10 Eastern. We'll see who can spam laser beams better!

Also, y'all need to get more ranked matches in! I see barely 20 or 30 matches played?

Top Bottom