• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden online franchise league Marvel vs. Capcom 3 thread: This ones.... for john!

TheCrow

Me and BigAT are probably going to play Sunday. He is headed to PAX and we could've played yesterday but I wanted some more time with the game.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
TheCrow said:
Me and BigAT are probably going to play Sunday. He is headed to PAX and we could've played yesterday but I wanted some more time with the game.

Good job Bob Jr.

TheCrow

I'm on blast. Couldn't hit any of my Tron combos and can't follow up on my launchers. So bad. GGs FMT. I only had relative success with amy but I need to strengthen her corner pressure.

TheCrow said:
I'm on blast. Couldn't hit any of my Tron combos and can't follow up on my launchers. So bad. GGs FMT. I only had relative success with amy but I need to strengthen her corner pressure.

ggs, there were times where you bounced me up and could have launched me into an air combo but just missed it. you'll get the hang of it!

TheCrow

FrenchMovieTheme said:
ggs, there were times where you bounced me up and could have launched me into an air combo but just missed it. you'll get the hang of it!
Yeah and in those early games I completely forgot about the timer. I threw some of those games away. I was confused as to why you were just spamming ultras and then I looked at the clock. :/

TheCrow said:
Yeah and in those early games I completely forgot about the timer. I threw some of those games away. I was confused as to why you were just spamming ultras and then I looked at the clock. :/

hopefully they add a timer option in the future :(

i hate the time limit

TheCrow

FrenchMovieTheme said:
hopefully they add a timer option in the future :(

i hate the time limit
It can get pretty bad when there are so many dropped combos. It's not like the damage is low.

LiveWire

FrenchMovieTheme said:
livewire i'm on xbl watching a movie so message me if you hop on!

what is the status for the other 2 matches? bob/dcx and crow/bigat?

Hey sorry about that, got dragged out by friends to see Battle: LA. What a shitty movie! :(

I'm around now until about 12:30PM Eastern time. I'll be back again around 10PM Eastern.

also, sorry about the arthur spamming after our matches were over. i was just testing him out. god he is a doucher if you dont have projectile guys. you can just zone people out all game with his projectiles and assists from other projectile guys

LiveWire

No worries. I think I stumbled across a few new potential characters to use, but I gotta hit the training mode a bit more.

TheCrow

BigAT said:
Crow advances 4-0, I knew I should have insisted on playing you on Friday. :p
First Hagger I've seen. Didn't know he could dizzy characters. You should have seen me play FMT. I don't think I ever finished a combo with a super.

TheCrow

Sorry FMT, I've been busy with finals yesterday and today. I'm eating right now so I can play in about 45min. I'll be around for a while since I'm pulling an all nighter for 2 finals tomorrow.

TheCrow

GGs. For some reason my Heavy inputs weren't always registering. I kept getting nothing when I tried to use taskmaster shield dash and amy would just stand after hitting M. :( Damn, and I got off to a good start too.

TheCrow said:
GGs. For some reason my Heavy inputs weren't always registering. I kept getting nothing when I tried to use taskmaster shield dash and amy would just stand after hitting M. :( Damn, and I got off to a good start too.

yeah you did. ammy is tough because she basically goes under weskers bullet so its hard to set anything up. weskers dash is good because it is a set distance everytime. you don't push a button to get behind someone, you have to be close enough so the teleport goes behind. from a full screen you go about halfway.

you should try out some new teams! i know you might have your heart set on ammy and tron, and i have definitely seen people beast with them, but i don't think they are the best to go with at the start :/ just my opinion though, you had some good setups with them but just repetition will get it down

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
yeah you did. ammy is tough because she basically goes under weskers bullet so its hard to set anything up. weskers dash is good because it is a set distance everytime. you don't push a button to get behind someone, you have to be close enough so the teleport goes behind. from a full screen you go about halfway.

you should try out some new teams! i know you might have your heart set on ammy and tron, and i have definitely seen people beast with them, but i don't think they are the best to go with at the start :/ just my opinion though, you had some good setups with them but just repetition will get it down

lets play you whore

CB3

akuma.jpg

LiveWire

That's what you get FMT for scheduling the best match in the first round. Championship should've been us two. Can't believe you lost to CB's beginner shoto tactics. smh

CB3

LiveWire said:
That's what you get FMT for scheduling the best match in the first round. Championship should've been us two. Can't believe you lost to CB's beginner shoto tactics. smh

Suck my raging demon dick

CB3

LiveWire said:
Big talk from someone that beat me...once? maybe? in MVC3...

from what i remember we only played twice. a few times when the game first came out which i believe i beat you. Then once more recently before i had found my team that i roll with today.

And i have no interest in playing you. if i wanted to play a cookie cutter sentinel, i could just play a ranked match online ad be guaranteed to face one.

well, I don't understand Jill. She isn't fun, seems useless, and has lame attacks. Zero fun

Shuma Gorath, though. Awesome. So much fun. Just slow and a lack of a real dash

shuma gorath is the shit. he is in my regular rotation now.

i absolutely destroy CB if i pick jean. or as i call her, the akuma slayer.

anyone around to play? i'll be on if so!

CB3

goldlion054 said:
well, I don't understand Jill. She isn't fun, seems useless, and has lame attacks. Zero fun

Shuma Gorath, though. Awesome. So much fun. Just slow and a lack of a real dash

i beat the shit out of FMT with Jill. She is awesome.

He had to fall back to phoenix

CB3 said:
i beat the shit out of FMT with Jill. She is awesome.

He had to fall back to phoenix

lol no you didn't. jill cancels out your dirty ass akuma, so then we're left with a 2 vs 2 match which i will always win.

i'm headed on now if you want your nightly ass beating!

gg's earlier gold! keep up learning shuma, he is a great asset!

CB3

Sentinel's health is gonna get nuked in the next update. AKA the best thing capcom has ever done

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
sentinel noooooooo!

they need to patch in the option to turn XF off and timer option on. in that circumstance, i win 100% of my games against CB
The game rewards the guy that gets his ass handed to him too much. Taking away XF3 would fix so much of the game. It would un-break Phoenix and Sentinel. I know I've won a few games I never should have won thanks to the bullshit of XF3.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVmlC7XauWk&feature=related

there was a guy in player match that was destroying me with she hulk with a combo like this. it sucked because once he got you in ONE air combo, my character was dead because as soon as i hit the ground he was already popping me back up. i beat him a few times by zoning him out but once his she hulk got in on me it was over :/
That uses 4 meters. No one is gonna use that for only 90% health. And it's hard to land that first super.

Hulk is so fucking annoying because of his armor and power. One combo and Ammy is dead. :|

btw, guys, peanut thread if you want to get banned in the off-season! http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=425127&page=3

Rorschach said:
The game rewards the guy that gets his ass handed to him too much. Taking away XF3 would fix so much of the game. It would un-break Phoenix and Sentinel. I know I've won a few games I never should have won thanks to the bullshit of XF3.

That uses 4 meters. No one is gonna use that for only 90% health. And it's hard to land that first super.

Hulk is so fucking annoying because of his armor and power. One combo and Ammy is dead. :|

btw, guys, peanut thread if you want to get banned in the off-season! http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=425127&page=3

lol thats daws business!

and on that she hulk vid it was without that car special. basically the guy would get me in an air combo, once i hit the ground he would do that running hit, juggle me again, and do her suplex special on me in the corner. it didn't kill me off but anytime he caught me open he nearly destroyed that character. he would do the same thing with viper (combo me in the corner and then super me when i was down).

we tied like 8/8 and i got a nasty message from him. probably because he felt like i shouldn't have beaten him 8 times since i dont do any elaborate combos like that! tough titties bitch this is marvel!

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lol thats daws business!

and on that she hulk vid it was without that car special. basically the guy would get me in an air combo, once i hit the ground he would do that running hit, juggle me again, and do her suplex special on me in the corner. it didn't kill me off but anytime he caught me open he nearly destroyed that character. he would do the same thing with viper (combo me in the corner and then super me when i was down).

we tied like 8/8 and i got a nasty message from him. probably because he felt like i shouldn't have beaten him 8 times since i dont do any elaborate combos like that! tough titties bitch this is marvel!
lol

Oh, and btw, nerfing Sentinel's HP won't do anything to fix him. It's about his power and XF more than anything. There's a reason why Tron, Thor, Hulk, Haggar, etc had similar health and aren't bitched about.

CB3

better than nothing! and its clearly easier to nerf his health to appease people a little than to go in and mess with his power and combo's

Top Bottom