• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden online franchise league Marvel vs. Capcom 3 thread: This ones.... for john!

Hulk respected nothing i did. Idk why that overhead was rocking me, but i couldn't do anything about it. Hulk had his way with me =((

goldlion054 said:
Hulk respected nothing i did. Idk why that overhead was rocking me, but i couldn't do anything about it. Hulk had his way with me =((

because he has superarmor, so if you are trying to hit him when you get up it's not going to work. best thing to do is to just block when you're rolling to get up.

that dooms chamber special is sweet though

TheCrow

Game is finally on it's way. Looking forward to getting bodied by all of you later this week. Now if only it didn't have to come the week before finals. :/

TheCrow said:
Game is finally on it's way. Looking forward to getting bodied by all of you later this week. Now if only it didn't have to come the week before finals. :/

you already have finals coming? i just got done with midterms, gawd damn. where do you go to school crow?

TheCrow

I go to DePaul University and we're on the quarter system. 1 quarter is 10 weeks and 3 quarters = 2 semesters. Since I was more familiar with semesters my first quarter at DePaul was hectic. 4 weeks into a class and you are already getting ready for midterms.

Sounds pretty terrible. seems like you don't have much time to go out and do things with midterms and finals every 4 weeks. But you are in Chicago, so i guess going out isn't to difficult. I guess i'm just fine with my normal semesters

LiveWire said:
If anyone is around tonight to play I will teach you to respect Sentinel's frying pans.

i was around yesterday and you were nowhere to be found! if you want me to put a hurtin' on that cheesebot you just say the words sister

LiveWire

ugh, what an assrape. I think I might need therapy after that. ggs FMT. I gotta stop pushblocking, it's making me backdash on fake jump-ins and giving up round after round with easy damage. :(

LiveWire said:
ugh, what an assrape. I think I might need therapy after that. ggs FMT. I gotta stop pushblocking, it's making me backdash on fake jump-ins and giving up round after round with easy damage. :(

wesker makes the difference! it's the only way you can play against sentinel. body him up or body up the guy calling him in so he can't be called.

trish definitely has some potential. what puts her over the top is her double jump. score some free damage with it and the lightning bolt in the air

gg's though. ever since i put wesker into my rotation i've been winning the vast majority of my games. now its true that most of those games are against CB, but still!

TheCrow

goldlion054 said:
Sounds pretty terrible. seems like you don't have much time to go out and do things with midterms and finals every 4 weeks. But you are in Chicago, so i guess going out isn't to difficult. I guess i'm just fine with my normal semesters
Actually my GPA has gone up by about 1 point so quarters have been good to me. It's nice to finally be taking classes in my major.

Anyway, I'm thinking of running with Amaterasu, Deadpool and Tron Bonne in MvC3. Guess I'll finally see how godlike FMT is.

TheCrow said:
Actually my GPA has gone up by about 1 point so quarters have been good to me. It's nice to finally be taking classes in my major.

Anyway, I'm thinking of running with Amaterasu, Deadpool and Tron Bonne in MvC3. Guess I'll finally see how godlike FMT is.

lol im not godlike at all, just so happens that neither ck nor livewire has figured out wesker ;)

but i will be happy to feast on that dogs carcass when you have the game!

TheCrow

We'll see. I hope the online isn't too bad. As long as I can perform my bnbs I'll be happy. I have no idea how my scrubby Cody skills from SSF4 will transfer to MvC.

LiveWire

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lol im not godlike at all, just so happens that neither ck nor livewire has figured out wesker ;)

but i will be happy to feast on that dogs carcass when you have the game!

It's funny because I was having no problems with people playing Wesker in ranked matches. :(

I think it's because I was timing my assists better and moving around more with Dormammu. I need to get his teleports going more, and get more Purifications (for some reason I keep missing the input on reaction). I think I might have to pull Hulk (despite his ridiculous damage) and sub in either Wolvie (tore your shit up) or Dr. Doom (more keep away or crossups).

LiveWire said:
It's funny because I was having no problems with people playing Wesker in ranked matches. :(

I think it's because I was timing my assists better and moving around more with Dormammu. I need to get his teleports going more, and get more Purifications (for some reason I keep missing the input on reaction). I think I might have to pull Hulk (despite his ridiculous damage) and sub in either Wolvie (tore your shit up) or Dr. Doom (more keep away or crossups).

i will devour wolverine and doom too!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Since FMT loves to talk shit here, Just stomped him out. 9 straight. suck it, bitch.

CB3 said:
Since FMT loves to talk shit here, Just stomped him out. 9 straight. suck it, bitch.

lol so after 2 straight weeks of me pushing your shit in and you ignoring it here you decide to post on the one night you best me? lolllllllllzzzzzz

i will be back to my winning ways tomorrow and you know it

TheCrow said:

whole point, eh? thats really impressive man

and FMT is no god, he just got lucky one night. He'll learn about the true terrors of the pipe soon enough. The pip is like Megatron: Can't and won't be stopped

LiveWire

goldlion054 said:

and FMT is no god, he just got lucky one night. He'll learn about the true terrors of the pipe soon enough. The pip is like Megatron: Can't and won't be stopped

Pfft. The pipe sucks. I'll be around again tonight to show you it's all about the frying pan.

TheCrow

goldlion054 said:

And my grades weren't horrible to begin with. :)

Picked up the massive guide. Will be looking through it during my commute to school. See if I can learn a thing or two about this crazy game.

as i told dcx, you only get better by playing good competition. that is why CB is respectable at the game, because i kicked the shit out of him so much he had no choice but to improve.

dcx thinks he's going to read and then come into the game and dominate! we'll see!

Solid games FMT. Trying to get around your Wesker was frustrating. And Spiderman may be the most annoying thing ever.

Otherwise, it was alot of fun messing around with other characters. Realizing how low some characters health bars really are is humbling at times

goldlion054 said:
Solid games FMT. Trying to get around your Wesker was frustrating. And Spiderman may be the most annoying thing ever.

Otherwise, it was alot of fun messing around with other characters. Realizing how low some characters health bars really are is humbling at times

wesker should be worked into your rotation! his major weakness (and it is major) is that his special move is basically stopped by ANYTHING and doesn't do much damage. other than that he is awesome. fast, strong and decent health.

as for spiderman, yeah he's a pain in the ass because he can get across the screen in an instant. this is what spiderman SHOULD have been in prior mvc's. he's also good because in those times where it looks like you're retreating you can start his maximum spider and catch someone napping or doing something else for easy damage. much like weskers though it is easily stopped.

we need to get a tournament started. who would be interested?

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
as i told dcx, you only get better by playing good competition. that is why CB is respectable at the game, because i kicked the shit out of him so much he had no choice but to improve.

dcx thinks he's going to read and then come into the game and dominate! we'll see!
LOL OMG i said i'm going to read, practice and then put it into the field..i said nothing about dominating lol wow

DCX

well we need 8 people for the tourney. so far i have:

1. fmt
2. cb
3. mrbob
4. dcx

and maybe:

5. pheeniks?
6. goldlion?
7. bigat?
8. crow?

it will be best of 7 with any set of characters you want and you can change between matches. this will give the game some adjustment/strategy

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
BigAT said:
I'm in.

No need to figure out if the Hulk is better than The Pipe WHEN YOU HAVE THEM ON THE SAME TEAM.

Both on the same team would mean you'd get zoned to hell

LiveWire

FrenchMovieTheme said:
well we need 8 people for the tourney. so far i have:

1. fmt
2. cb
3. mrbob
4. dcx

and maybe:

5. pheeniks?
6. goldlion?
7. bigat?
8. crow?

it will be best of 7 with any set of characters you want and you can change between matches. this will give the game some adjustment/strategy

I see you're afraid to include me because you know what my new and improved Sentinel will do to your Wesker!!

i crushed cb's dreams tonight. like i said, last night was an abberation brosef! HULK IS STRONGEST THERE IS!!

i'll be updating the OP with the tourney stuff. so far:

1. fmt
2. cb
3. goldlion
4. mrbob
5. dcx
6. livewire
7. crow
8. ? (pheeniks says he wont play because he sucks)

i only wish rors had it on 360 so i could crush his sorry ass sentinel. I WANT YOU RORS!!!

sp_0905_07_v6.jpg

BigAT

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i crushed cb's dreams tonight. like i said, last night was an abberation brosef! HULK IS STRONGEST THERE IS!!

i'll be updating the OP with the tourney stuff. so far:

1. fmt
2. cb
3. goldlion
4. mrbob
5. dcx
6. livewire
7. crow
8. BigAT

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i only wish rors had it on 360 so i could crush his sorry ass sentinel. I WANT YOU RORS!!!

sp_0905_07_v6.jpg
I wish I could double dip to try to put your delusions to rest. I say try, not because there is any doubt that I would hand you your ass (that's 100% guaranteed), but because you are a 9ers fan and delusion is your default setting.

I apologize to everyone for letting FMT's reign of button mashing continue.

Rorschach said:
I wish I could double dip to try to put your delusions to rest. I say try, not because there is any doubt that I would hand you your ass (that's 100% guaranteed), but because you are a 9ers fan and delusion is your default setting.

I apologize to everyone for letting FMT's reign of button mashing continue.

i would eliminate you and your cheeseball team with extreme prejudice. extreme!

p.s. livewire when do you want your beating?

TheCrow

I think I'm starting to figure out the game. I just need some human opponents. I have friday off so in between writing my paper, I'll be available to get some games in. Just take it easy on me.

TheCrow said:
I think I'm starting to figure out the game. I just need some human opponents. I have friday off so in between writing my paper, I'll be available to get some games in. Just take it easy on me.

you name the time brother

CB, when can you get rolled? I'm free for a few hours until i have work at 5 EST. If not, i can probably go sometime before 5 again tomorrow

Top Bottom