• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Rookies Season 1 Official Thread: CFL, Watch Out!

Birdman02 said:
ChrisJames, when do you want to play our game? Tomorrow or Wednesday night anytime after 9:30 EST are my preferred days?

I can play tomorrow, but I don't get home from work 'til ~10:45 EST and there's a slight chance I might go to Hooter's afterwards, but I doubt it...

If that doesn't work then I can play Wednesday anytime.

Rorschach

GG Variance

That Colston catch was SICK SICK SICK! 2 guys on him (1 of them me) and he just catches it one handed in the endzone.

Kind of a laggy game, unfortunately. Hard to tackle or swap balls.

LJ11

AirBrian said:
Are you around now? Or how about 9 PM CDT?

Oh, and you're name has been changed, Smokey.

Yeah, I'm around. I fell asleep during the Saints game, so give me a few minutes to get oriented.

LJ11

Good game Brian. My D bailed me out of a few jams. Good luck the rest of the season.

Format is exactly like League Daddy

Passing
Grossman 175 1 2 10 20

Receiving
Benson 2 17 0 27 11
Davis 2 20 0 4 12
Clark 2 14 0 1 13
Hester 2 105 1 69 77
Olsen 1 15 0 0 15
Muham. 1 4 0 6 4

Defensive
Briggs Tk 9 TKL 3
Walker Tk 5 TKL 1
Urlacher Tk 4 TKL 1 INT 1 FF 1
Vasher TK 4
D.Manning TK 5
Anderson TK 3
Harris TK 4 TKL 1 FR 1
Ogunleye TK 3 TKL 1 Sks 1
Hillenmeyer TK 5
R.Manning TK 2 INT 1
Tillman TK 2
McBride Tk 1
Brown TK 1
M.Brown TK 1
Payne TK 2

Kicking
Gould FGM 2 FGMA 2 LNG 38

Punting
Maynard PA 2 YDS 84 LNG 44

K.Return
Davis KRAtt 3 YDS 89 LNG 34

P.Return
Hester PRAtt 2 YDS 37 LNG 24

GCQuinton

To the Bengals (Drey), Packers (Wellington), and Jets (Denog), I can get a game in tonight. PM or IM me if you wanna get it in.

yacobod

Banned
so Lonestar took over the Titans?

i got a week 4 game still that needs to be played against the titans, and i got a game against the Bengals (drey) for week 8

guys let me know when you want to play these games

aim:polishmoves
live:polishmoves

Birdman02

ChrisJames said:
I can play tomorrow, but I don't get home from work 'til ~10:45 EST and there's a slight chance I might go to Hooter's afterwards, but I doubt it...

If that doesn't work then I can play Wednesday anytime.

Looks like it's gonna have to be Wednesday for me....so I hope you're able to go to Hooters!! :D

Rorschach

GG Big Zep...I thought I was in for a blowout when you jumped ahead by 14 :|

Colts offense is unstoppable unless you get lucky breaks. You had all day to throw most of the time. :[

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I will try to get some more games in tonight, but then I also have 2 games to do in the other league.

woodchuck

Rorschach said:
Alright, I'll see if you're online then.

is your gamertag Rorschach too? i'll add you on xbox.com

also, i can't use the internet when i'm on live so i'll post here first if i'm around before i get on live.

Rorschach

:lol

If you don't feel like playing now, it's cool.

GT is r0rschach (with a zero). My Rorschach GT is long dead. :[

I'll probably be on live, anyway testing out new teams in practice for next season. Hit me up if you still feel up for it.

[edit]PS: Air, when do the new weeks go up? :p

[edit2] crap...didn't realize so few people were playing....nm :(

woodchuck

good games rorschach.

i need tips on how to defend the pass. even on obvious passing downs, i suck. i bring in my nickel and try to mix it up with zones and mans but i just can't do shit.

i guess it doesn't matter. i have to return the game soon anyway.

Rorschach

woodchuck said:
good games rorschach.

i need tips on how to defend the pass. even on obvious passing downs, i suck. i bring in my nickel and try to mix it up with zones and mans but i just can't do shit.
GGs

Well, I saw you playing a lot of downs with just your LBs and nickle sometimes, but you would blitz the slot guy. I'm not sure which plays you were calling on those long passing downs, but the middle would be WIDE open. I thought you were doing it to adjust to those short routes I was throwing to the outside, so I took the middle.

It seemed like almost every down I had pressure on me and LBs blitzin', but I figured you were just playing like the real 'Boys.

woodchuck

Rorschach said:
GGs

Well, I saw you playing a lot of downs with just your LBs and nickle sometimes, but you would blitz the slot guy. I'm not sure which plays you were calling on those long passing downs, but the middle would be WIDE open. I thought you were doing it to adjust to those short routes I was throwing to the outside, so I took the middle.

It seemed like almost every down I had pressure on me and LBs blitzin', but I figured you were just playing like the real 'Boys.

i actually tried to use the blitz only sparingly. for some reason, i don't think it does 3-4 defense correctly.

like there'd be 4 guys at the line then it would have demarcus ware on the outside. i'd like to have 3 guys at the line and demarcus ware on the outside. maybe thats why it seemed like i was blitzing.

also it would have greg ellis playing the slot receiver just like in the patriots game when he wasn't pass rushing :(

basically, none of our OLBs can cover anyway. thats why it was retarded to go to the 3-4 defense in the first place by parcells.

Rorschach

woodchuck said:
i actually tried to use the blitz only sparingly. for some reason, i don't think it does 3-4 defense correctly.

like there'd be 4 guys at the line then it would have demarcus ware on the outside. i'd like to have 3 guys at the line and demarcus ware on the outside. maybe thats why it seemed like i was blitzing.

also it would have greg ellis playing the slot receiver just like in the patriots game when he wasn't pass rushing :(
Yeah, I think it was partly my fault for calling guys back to block for me..which resulted in the guys who were supposed to cover those players coming in.

Oh, and you can switch around packages by pushing X and flip plays so you don't end up with mismatches like that.

Sucks that you gotta return it. :p Maybe next year you can be in the Madden leagues.

woodchuck

Rorschach said:
Yeah, I think it was partly my fault for calling guys back to block for me..which resulted in the guys who were supposed to cover those players coming in.

Oh, and you can switch around packages by pushing X and flip plays so you don't end up with mismatches like that.

Sucks that you gotta return it. :p Maybe next year you can be in the Madden leagues.

so wait. if you call someone to block and there is a defender assigned to cover that guy, the defender would rush at the blocker?

and i'm definitely buying madden 09 if theres a league set up.

Rorschach

woodchuck said:
so wait. if you call someone to block and there is a defender assigned to cover that guy, the defender would rush at the blocker?

and i'm definitely buying madden 09 if theres a league set up.
It depends. If there is a defender set on man coverage on him, the defender will either spy or blitz depending on who it is. My guys usually spy because they're smart ;)

woodchuck

Rorschach said:
It depends. If there is a defender set on man coverage on him, the defender will either spy or blitz depending on who it is. My guys usually spy because they're smart ;)

then i guess that means bobby carpenter is a dumbass

Rorschach

Wellington said:
I hope not. I hope to play my game with Quinton at some point this weekend. Fuck Rors being on top of MY division.
That's the way it's gonna stay chuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

p.

Top Bottom