• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Rookies Season 1 Official Thread: CFL, Watch Out!

bosevan

24-0. serioulsy,, 0 pts scored by myself and the titans offense. The Jets took out there frustration of this past weekends pounding, it was not pleasant.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
bosevan said:
24-0. serioulsy,, 0 pts scored by myself and the titans offense. The Jets took out there frustration of this past weekends pounding, it was not pleasant.

We had a guy filming your defensive coordinator. :D

yacobod

Banned
Smokey Bones said:
yacobod i may or may not b on tonight if you read this in time. ive got quite a bit more hwk than i thought i would and im trying to clear through some of it now but we'll see.

no worries can do it tomorrow, w/e works

Birdman02

Maverick said:
Bird, you around now?

Sorry, man. I just saw this. I was on xbl for a while, but my wife had the computer tied up so I couldn't check the thread. I'm going to go sleep now, but I should be around same time tomorrow.

Maverick

Birdman,

That was one for the ages. Clements is such a beast. And with Harris on the other side, it was really tough for me to put together a consistent passing game.

Good game, and good luck the rest of the season.

Birdman02

Maverick said:
Birdman,

That was one for the ages. Clements is such a beast. And with Harris on the other side, it was really tough for me to put together a consistent passing game.

Good game, and good luck the rest of the season.

It seemed like Clements was all over the field, and every deflected pass ended up in his hands. I think he was also my leading tackler. That whole game was nuts....I thought I had you put away in the 4th, but then you completed those 3-4 passes in a row for the touchdown and started your comeback. And my offense could not answer....you played really good D especially in the 2nd half. Frank Gore just had those two long runs that saved me!

variance

Awesome awards, you're going to do this every week?

Man, that really was a crazy game. Bush actually had several receptions, including one that went for a touchdown as well, haha. Go Reggie!

By the way, DCX, I'm going to be busy all weekend, so tonight might be the only chance I have to play.

AirBrian

variance said:

Man, that really was a crazy game. Bush actually had several receptions, including one that went for a touchdown as well, haha. Go Reggie!

By the way, DCX, I'm going to be busy all weekend, so tonight might be the only chance I have to play.
Yeah, I'll be putting up awards each week. Well, assuming everyone can get their games in. :( Also, when you guys talk about the game in the thread, it makes it easier to pick games of the week too! :) And Bush's stats are now complete. Sorry about that!

Green Bay, when do you want to roll?

DCX

DCX
variance said:

Cool, we'll play tonight like around 9?

DCX

yacobod

Banned
Smokey Bones said:
?

I must've barely missed you. I was online all night until like 12:30 a.m. :(.

If you can play tonite, is there a certain time you want to meet up?

ya when i hopped on live last night, said you were online like 3 minutes prior before signing off, i stayed online and played 2 games against randoms waiting

i should be online tonite after i get home from class, prolly around 10 pm central time

DCX

DCX
variance said:
Yeah, I'm game. I need your gamertag and then we're set for 9... eastern time? or later?
Yeah... DCX gaf is the gamertag. I'm heading on in a few...gotta put the babies to bed.

DCX

variance

gg, dude.

I swear I hit fair catch on that fumble that opened up the flood gates, but what's done is done. You played amazing, I had no right to be winning 7-3 anyways haha.

I'm gonna practice my passing before we meet again ;)

I'm not sure what the score was in the end... 47 - 7?

DCX

DCX
variance said:
gg, dude.

I swear I hit fair catch on that fumble that opened up the flood gates, but what's done is done. You played amazing, I had no right to be winning 7-3 anyways haha.

I'm gonna practice my passing before we meet again ;)

I'm not sure what the score was in the end... 47 - 7?
gg...i had no idea what the hell happen that game...it was just weird. Fumbles, ints just free raining from the sky...good thing this team is better than the Browns i'm using in the vet league ugh. GG anyway, and yeah the score was 47-7.

DCX

yacobod

Banned
man thats the 2nd time we played where we start the 1st game and i go up, then the game lags out crashs

and on the restart you get some break, and take the lead

i know its an uphill battle when you fumble the opening kickoff and give up a TD

but you controlled the game clock (especially in the 2nd half :D), ran the football well (i couldnt figure out my porous as fuck run defense), and did a good job mixing up your offense (audible screen to andre johnson)

good game, and props for winning with the texans, i gotta give cred where its due

gg

Smokey

yacobod said:
man thats the 2nd time we played where we start the 1st game and i go up, then the game lags out crashs

and on the restart you get some break, and take the lead

i know its an uphill battle when you fumble the opening kickoff and give up a TD

but you controlled the game clock (especially in the 2nd half :D), ran the football well (i couldnt figure out my porous as fuck run defense), and did a good job mixing up your offense (audible screen to andre johnson)

good game, and props for winning with the texans, i gotta give cred where its due

gg

Thanks for the props man. That sucked that we had to restart. I dunno what happened, it was pretty much lag free until that 2nd quarter and it went out. Yeah that was hella luck on that kickoff return and all I could do was :lol and saw wow.

I just KNEW he was going to fumble when I was up 21-10 though. I just had a feeling. I kept saying I'm due for a fumble anytime, but I didn't want to believe and sure enough he fumbles it right on the what..5 yrd line?? I was just trying to milk some clock and take a FG and that punk fumbles the ball.

Then after that I was pretty nervous, because when I play these high powered teams against my lowly Texans I need to almost play mistake free. It's a pain having to constantly use defensive playmaker to try and stop an offense that has 4 damn near 100 rated offensive players, but I did my best(held LT to 17 yards:D which I was pretty happy about).

Anyway I blabbered long enough great game man. Now I've got to prepare for the Titans. Bring Vince back home to Houston we got somethin' waitin' for him:D :D !!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Drey1082 said:
Hey, really sorry. My appointment ran way longer than anticipated. I'm ready now if you're around.

I am free Friday night after 9PM. Just send me an IM. We can also play it this weekend. I just want to get it in so we don't hold up the league.

Drey1082

DenogginizerOS said:
I am free Friday night after 9PM. Just send me an IM. We can also play it this weekend. I just want to get it in so we don't hold up the league.

Is that 9/ 8central? If it's 8 central that would be perfect. Let me know.

Birdman02

Smokey Bones said:
Ugh..i wish the league would speed up a little...

You and me both, man! I think the vets league is already on week 5-6 and they have a full 32 team league going....anbody got any ideas that could help speed things up?

Smokey

Birdman02 said:
You and me both, man! I think the vets league is already on week 5-6 and they have a full 32 team league going....anbody got any ideas that could help speed things up?

Well I guess step #1 would be getting people to play their games. Like you said the vet league is already on week 5 and they have a full freakin' league.

Yeah, this league is moving slow as fuuuck. Too many newbucks *cough* SweetTea *cough*.

Vumpler, I'm your week 3 opponent. Let me know when you want to play.

Smokey

ChrisJames said:
Yeah, this league is moving slow as fuuuck. Too many newbucks *cough* SweetTea *cough*.

Vumpler, I'm your week 3 opponent. Let me know when you want to play.

We're all newbucks as we're obviously in the rookie league, but some people are certainly slowing down the league for others...

Smokey Bones said:
We're all newbucks as we're obviously in the rookie league, but some people are certainly slowing down the league for others...

:lol Yeah, I realize that this is mostly rookies. I guess I meant slow, unreliable/undedicated people instead of newbucks.

I was a new guy last year, and now I've made it to the big leagues... not. Anyways, you just have to prove you're a reliable player.

Top Bottom