• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

LukeSmith

Rorschach said:
btw- it's ironic that fifty is saying that he sucks. He's pulling a Wellie on us while complaining about Eeyore. Not only is he good, but he's gonna have a great team. Our behinds are his for the raping. :[

Not until he learns to pass.
I'm SORRY FIFTY

Fifty

Yep, that's true. I suffer a severe form of mental retardation that only shows itself in Madden. Throwintodoubleosis affects many people in the league, but none more so than me. I hope one day to find a cure.

I don't see anything wrong with Ando and Rors playing today instead of having to wait for Monday. Sure it's not realistic to have one conference championship played before the other is decided, but it's only one day early.

Denogg said:
On that note, C'mon Wellington! If I can beat the Cowboys with the Jets, you can certainly beat them with the Giants!

Top 4 Reasons I Lost:

1. Didn't know how to spike the ball
2. I didn't do any preparations for our game because of your record
3. Played our game after a week of not playing any Madden because your availability was pretty horrible at the time
4. One lucky bomb for a TD

I don't mean to steal from your season defining win there, but if you are going to pimp your win like it's easy to beat me...I felt the need to provide some context for the way in which you won. If you want to know how that game would play out for the other 99 times out of 100, holla!

LukeSmith

Shawnwhann said:
Top 4 Reasons I Lost:

3. Played our game after a week of not playing any Madden because your availability was pretty horrible at the time

I don't mean to steal from your season defining win there, but if you are going to pimp your win like it's easy to beat me...I felt the need to provide some context for the way in which you won. If you want to know how that game would play out for the other 99 times out of 100, holla!

You guys should play Dallas vs. Dallas to really settle the score!

DCX

DCX
Shawnwhann said:
Top 4 Reasons I Lost:

How i miss you...

DCX

DCX said:
How i miss you...

DCX

Oh come on bro! That wasn't even bad!! He was basically saying "I beat him and I am not that good, so there is no way you shouldn't be able to" I had to deliver a reality check! No ill will at all!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Ugh, gentlemen... I have a big concrete pour at my job tomorrow, and by big I mean 1000 cubuc yards. Let;s put it this way, we pour 400 yards in a reg 8 hour day. :lol

I am there for help because my bricklayers and roofers will be on the job, but I don;t know how long my day will be gents. I will def post in the topic tho.

Slo

Did you explain to all these construction workers that you have a date to play a videogame with a guy you know from the internet? And that you're holding up the draft?

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Shawnwhann said:
Oh come on bro! That wasn't even bad!! He was basically saying "I beat him and I am not that good, so there is no way you shouldn't be able to" I had to deliver a reality check! No ill will at all!

No. I was trying to get the players who are superior to me to start thinking positive. I do not think my victory was anything but a fluke.

And my availability this season has been pretty damn good. If I recall, something serious had happened that week in my life so please, kindly go fuck yourself if you are going to start making up excuses. You did not prepare, you forgot the X button is spike, and you underestimated my play. I am over it. But don't bring up availability. No one has complained about that now and that weakens your argument.

LukeSmith

Shawnwhann said:

Shawn v. Ando v. Vumpler v. Wellie

FATAL FOUR WAY CAGE MATCH
SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

no real logic in including vumpler and wellie, their names just felt right and two of those four will be in the super bowl SORRY FMT and R0rz

apparently shawn has already stamped his ticket to the NFC championship game based on his posts ;)

truthfully i don't care who i play. i already got my ass kicked by wellington this season, and got my ass kicked before the league started by shawn. i'm not playing possum, i'm going to bring a different game than either of the times i played these 2 guys before, just saying they've both beat me soundly ;)

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:
apparently shawn has already stamped his ticket to the NFC championship game based on his posts ;)

truthfully i don't care who i play. i already got my ass kicked by wellington this season, and got my ass kicked before the league started by shawn. i'm not playing possum, i'm going to bring a different game than either of the times i played these 2 guys before, just saying they've both beat me soundly ;)

Classy, you're like Tony Dungy.

Denog said:
No. I was trying to get the players who are superior to me to start thinking positive. I do not think my victory was anything but a fluke.

And my availability this season has been pretty damn good. If I recall, something serious had happened that week in my life so please, kindly go fuck yourself if you are going to start making up excuses. You did not prepare, you forgot the X button is spike, and you underestimated my play. I am over it. But don't bring up availability. No one has complained about that now and that weakens your argument.

Nice one on the personal attack...sure didn't see that one coming...

I call them like a see it dude and for some reason or another you were not easy to catch that week. I'm not attempting to make any argument or make excuses, I'm just stating the facts. One look at my season vs yours lends credibility to my claims.

To the commissioners next year, please make efforts to make sure I play in the same division as this guy. At least let me play him once! If possible, make him my first opponent! Thanks in advance!!

DenogginizerOS

Shawnwhann said:
Nice one on the personal attack...sure didn't see that one coming...

I call them like a see it dude and for some reason or another you were not easy to catch that week. I'm not attempting to make any argument or make excuses, I'm just stating the facts. One look at my season vs yours lends credibility to my claims.

To the commissioners next year, please make efforts to make sure I play in the same division as this guy. At least let me play him once! If possible, make him my first opponent! Thanks in advance!!
Bring it on. I fear nothing. And attacking my availability was a mistake. If you had so much free time that week excuse-boy, then what is your excuse for not preparing?

i don't make the schedule based on personal request or revenge quests. (except that i will play DM again... GUARANTEED!)

p.s. take this fight to AIM ladies!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
No No, don't do that, I like it when Shawn looks like an ass! It makes me feel better, knowing that the World is One, and all is well!

Bring it on. I fear nothing. And attacking my availability was a mistake. If you had so much free time that week excuse-boy, then what is your excuse for not preparing?

"Excuse-boy" :lol

Let's pretend we are all adults here and keep the discussion based on merits instead of childish taunts and expletives being thrown around.

Lets just say someone that was 2-9 at the time didn't even register on my conciousness for someone I need to consider. My mistake, but knowing one piece of functionality I never had had to use would have made a difference. So in a way, I'm thankful I did lose that game.

I'll see you later in the playo....oh wait...my bad!! :lol

so to recap:

1. jets defeat cowboys.
2. jets were better than the cowboys that day.
3. jets owner says good game
4. cowboys owner lists reasons he lost.
5. cowboys owner would win 9 out of 10 times they played according to cowboys owner.
6. end of discussion

wow, what a great summary. if you guys have anything more to say take it to AIM or PM. i don't think anyone wants to hear it here ;)

p.s. rors/ando if you guys want to play tonight ill unlock the week

DenogginizerOS

Shawnwhann said:
Lets just say someone that was 2-9 at the time didn't even register on my conciousness for someone I need to consider. My mistake, but knowing one piece of functionality I never had had to use would have made a difference. So in a way, I'm thankful I did lose that game.

I am glad I could help. Educating people is something I do for a living and breaking through is always rewarding.

LukeSmith

Shawnwhann said:
Nah 50...this is where my association with that guy begins and ends barring a mandated matchup in future league play.

Don%20King.jpg

"Let me set something up for you fellas."

Rorschach

:lol I have no idea what happened here, but I read something about Ando and I playing tonight. I don't think Wellie/Shawn will be able to get their game in by Saturday because Lumberg called him in on Saturday, but I'll still play if it makes it easier on the league's schedule. I wouldn't be available Sunday 'till late night, anyway.

I just got home and would like to have had some time to practice/develop a strategy, but fuck it. Let's get this show on the road. Sooner I lose, the sooner I get my pick.

[edit]
Cannon arm Pennington futures!

Andokuky

Banned
Rorschach said:
:lol I have no idea what happened here, but I read something about Ando and I playing tonight. I don't think Wellie/Shawn will be able to get their game in by Saturday because Lumberg called him in on Saturday, but I'll still play if it makes it easier on the league's schedule. I wouldn't be available Sunday 'till late night, anyway.

I just got home and would like to have had some time to practice/develop a strategy, but fuck it. Let's get this show on the road. Sooner I lose, the sooner I get my pick.

[edit]Cannon arm Pennington futures!

I'm free in like 10 minutes if you are. I haven't practiced or prepared myself either.

Andokuky

Banned
GG. A loss like that just shows what a piece of shit this game is sometimes. I hold Oakland to 115 yards of offense, their only meaningful offensive play all game is a toss in double coverage to Porter off Russel's back foot as he is rolling out AWAY from the WR and I lose the game because back to back spider AI interceptions are returned for touchdowns. And then I made a bonehead throw on the next drive that was also picked, and then the drive after that Henry bounces outside and looks to have a first down but nope, fumble. Again, GG.

LukeSmith

Andokuky said:
GG. A loss like that just shows what a piece of shit this game is sometimes. I hold Oakland to 115 yards of offense, their only meaningful offensive play all game is a toss in double coverage to Porter off Russel's back foot as he is rolling out AWAY from the WR and I lose the game because back to back spider AI interceptions are returned for touchdowns. And then I made a bonehead throw on the next drive that was also picked, and then the drive after that Henry bounces outside and looks to have a first down but nope, fumble. Again, GG.

karma police
arrest this girl

Fifty

It would normally appear on the game list but since the week hasn't officially advanced you have to click on 'details' on the playbook bracket, next to your game.

Thank god for the iphone and its great web browser. Rors is on pace to something unprecedented. Congrats on your insane playoff run to the Super Bowl. Has anyone won a league with such a low rated team?

And wellie let's plan for a 5pm est start time. That should give you plenty of time to get your work in and warm up for our game.

SickBoy

Just curious how many people actually practice and prepare for their games. I think from comments here some people obviously don't, while others do it obsessively -- for me, the only time I play Madden is for league games, and the only planning I do is looking at a team's stats just before game time (usually just for the better teams).

I should probably start playing more exhibition. I do enjoy playing the game online (against the league crew, anyhow, not randoms)... offline, not so much.

Andokuky said:
I'm not seeing a spot for stats. I guess it's not important as none of the other losers entered any.

Hey, hold on a second there...... :)

Andokuky

Banned
I'll practice for the sake of finding plays but for the most part I think it's useless. Practicing against AI and playing a human opponent are totally different. Mostly I prepare by just looking over a teams stats, see who they throw to, who blitzes and gets sacks, etc.

Top Bottom