• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia/Werewolf Recruitment Thread | Go on the Internet and Tell Lies.

I made a thing 'cause I was bored. Figured I could make some interesting charts or something once I get the data all in there.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1inPPpIFv0L9GcDwAvWzKWjmFJccgOE-CE6TwT1_yslA/edit?usp=sharing

lol ouro :> i has a same thingy going on and i started to make the infographic for it last night :> it took .... a long time???? font selection, font colour, layout etc @___@

but i think it'll be ready by the time mgs wraps up (im including all the semi-games data in mine) ... and i'll publish the results here :D

great
bored
minds think alike!

roytheone

Lol, it's ok. I'm not really Dutch either. I'm American but I have a work visa for the next year for my company. I am currently Dutch tho for the purposes of this game.

Ha! I am actually 100 % Dutch, and by pretending I wasn't I managed to get you to out the fact you are an imposter! Pay attention new blood, this is how you play mafia!

El Topo

Here's a tip new blood: Kill roy. Not because he's 100% Dutch, but because he's roy. He's giving Dutch people a bad name.

Swamped

Banned
We still need some 10-15 players, right?

CzarTim hasn't replied to my PM yet ;_;
We need him for more #unnecessarygambits

We still need some 10-15 players, right?

CzarTim hasn't replied to my PM yet ;_;
We need him for more #unnecessarygambits

czar is sitting S4 out :< he has house problems (roof caved in). but he said he'll drop by for the .5 games

and yeaaaa we still need 10-15 ish players. we are at 69 (soyuri's fav numbah) ... but really, we are at 65..... and i wanna get to 80...

so, lets hope more people will sign up soon

Relax, we still got a lot of time left :)

:< i will try.... i got 4 declines last night and i was doing sadface on my own (czar, redhood, gorlak, raindoc)

but yeah, we still has time, i'll try to keep the thread active on the first page of OT to ensure visibility :> (but i wont spam. ofc.)

Ourobolus

Banned
For calculation purposes, would it be easier to list death times as pure numbers? Like a day 3 death is just 3 instead of D3, and a Night 3 death is 3.5 instead of N3.

Also an alignment column? Scum, Town, Neutral, Other?
Yeah. It'll be in there eventually. The numbers too. Just started this stuff a little bit ago:p

Ourobolus

Banned
The godfather is just a corrupt, password protected access database from 2003.

The neutral role is an Open Office excel sheet.
The lyncher is a broken function that is searching for his missing end parenthesis.

lol ouro :> i has a same thingy going on and i started to make the infographic for it last night :> it took .... a long time???? font selection, font colour, layout etc @___@

but i think it'll be ready by the time mgs wraps up (im including all the semi-games data in mine) ... and i'll publish the results here :D

great
bored
minds think alike!

Also dammit. Welp. Time to scrap this. :p

Swamped

Banned
czar is sitting S4 out :< he has house problems (roof caved in). but he said he'll drop by for the .5 games

Ah, that explains it. Good luck to him, that sounds like a terrible problem...

Any estimate on when we'll start? I just realized I'll be away from Nov 4th to 13th, and then my parents are coming to visit until the end of November. So my activity might be a bit low during those weeks, but I'll still be posting twice a day, probably from my phone.

Ah, that explains it. Good luck to him, that sounds like a terrible problem...

Any estimate on when we'll start? I just realized I'll be away from Nov 4th to 13th, and then my parents are coming to visit until the end of November. So my activity might be a bit low during those weeks, but I'll still be posting twice a day, probably from my phone.

mid-november, i think

mgs should wrap up by then and hopefully we have enough players and crab would have returned to us......

OK announcing winners from the first 3 categories!!!!!

2015 OTP of the Year:
  • Winner: Roy/Topo (5 votes)
  • Runner Up: Rats of to Ya/Droplet (2 votes)

2015 Game Flavour of the Year:
  • Winner: Ouro - Archer and Election (5 votes)
  • Runner Up: Animal Crossing and GAFia (2 votes)

2015 Best Mechanic Implemented:
  • Winner: Animal Crossing Map (4 votes)
  • Runner Up: Cthulhu (Insanity Mechanic) - (2 votes)

congrats winners~

I'll announce the next three categories shortly :D

RetroMG

Props to Kark on the Animal Crossing map. For some reason I thought we were voting on last season, not the whole year. Now I know.

>:O pay attention retro! it is 2015 awards! so it counts the whole year's performance!

conflicted royroy is kinda adorbs :>

OK! DAY TWO CATEGORIES!

1. Best Use of Theme
2. Best Unnecessary Gambit
3. Best Neutral Player

my noms:

1. archer
2. #team800feet
3. palmer

roytheone

We did it royroy! We did it!

giphy.gif

We had to maintain our act longer than expected, but in the end these fools bought it! And now we are in the possession of the greatest award there is! Eat it suckers!

SalvaPot

>:O pay attention retro! it is 2015 awards! so it counts the whole year's performance!

OK! DAY TWO CATEGORIES!

1. Best Use of Theme
3. Best Neutral Player

my votes:

1. Election
2. kgtrep against crab in Danganrompa
3. Makai

Also, I have another category in mind: Best Original Image or Photoshop.

squiders you cant pick your best unnecessary gambit????? SHAME

ugh makai is such an awesome neutral too, but my back still bleeds from palmer/raindoc lovesong :<

and soyuri in NX

:D

Use of theme: Animal Crossing. Star Wars, Dandanronpa, Cthulhu, they all fit a mafia game really well. Animal Crossing is pretty distinct from that but Kark made it work really well!

Unnecessary Gambit: Blargonaut claims Undercover Imperial. Not only did it ensure the death of the town faction cop, it set in motion a chain of town power role deaths.

Neutral player: Palmer in Star Wars. Not only was he tasked with protecting someone who had decided to play "grumpy abrasive player", but he had no idea what that person's faction was.

shame?
SHAME!?
you don't know the meaning of the word!

>:O hey! i may have been a sex addict but sex addicts has feelings too you know!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!

and jes' fer ur information i know the meaning of the word!
it's a movie with fassy nude scenes

edit: in which he was a sex addict.................... o___o;;;;;;;;;;

OK! DAY TWO CATEGORIES!

1. Best Use of Theme
3. Best Neutral Player

my noms:

1. archer
2. #team800feet
3. palmer

1. Election
2. My Village Idiot Gambit (ONUW)
3. Palmer

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1inPPpIFv0L9GcDwAvWzKWjmFJccgOE-CE6TwT1_yslA/edit?usp=sharing

All right, this has been updated with everyone's W/L ratio, and you can select a player to see their personal W/L ratio, role breakout, and faction breakout.

that's really cool ouro! :D i likey!

Unnecessary?! How dare you.

....well.... he could just... uh ... realise that he was bulletproof, more or less ... i mean... it was super fab and i was on #team800feet all the way but it was... kind of... unnecessary.... uh..... *voice trails off*

:<

i guess i can change my vote to seath's odd #unnecessarygambit in archer where he tried to trip squider up with .... um... with dick pics or something :>

or karkador's seppuku gambit in NX was great too :>

haha~ so many memories ^___^

Karkador

Banned
Thanks so much for the recognition on the Animal Crossing game, everyone! It's very encouraging.

I'm still cooking up my next game designs, but I hope we can play them soon.

dick pics could never trip me up :p
hell, even fucking up my own fake claim couldn't trip me up =D

i sense tomorrow's category.....

actually, i can't quite remember seath's gambit in specifics, squider? what was he trying to trip you up with??????? again? XD;;;;;

it was great though.... i remember doing O____O????????? face for a few minutes :>

Top Bottom