• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT9| Kaladesh - Cruisin' Down the Street in my 6/4

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Topo

Well, I think that comment seems a bit unfair to Buehler. It's not that Buehler is bad, it's that LSV is so great.

For those not watching, LSV will still play professionally, and may even play in some Grand Prix. He'll still stream drafts and such.

Santiako

Well, I think that comment seems a bit unfair to Buehler. It's not that Buehler is bad, it's that LSV is so great.

Buehler has done a lot of the game, but he is awful at commentating limited, standard or modern. He doesn't know half the cards.

kirblar

But Buehler was bad. He wasn't up to date on cards/strategy to the degree he needed to be in any non-Legacy/Vintage format.

El Topo

Buehler has done a lot of the game, but he is awful at commentating limited, standard or modern.

Agree to disagree. I'd say he's okay. I find some of the antics of other commentators, e.g. gushing about players, more annoying. Either way, LSV is great and he did a fantastic job already in tandem with Gaby.

This can go on vehicles

Have fun thinking about how that works

7qgqqor.jpg

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";215902312]It's the new Voice of Resurgence, small set standard mythic modern staple[/QUOTE]

Good grief, I knew I should have picked him up when he only cost a fiver.
I have the play set on MTGO but I'm a bit slower to adapt in paper. I just left my LGS and they only had one in stock but I can get it for 9.99 and they are having a buy one get one sale, looks like I'm headed back there tomorrow.

Good grief, I knew I should have picked him up when he only cost a fiver.
I have the play set on MTGO but I'm a bit slower to adapt in paper. I just left my LGS and they only had one in stock but I can get it for 9.99 and they are having a buy one get one sale, looks like I'm headed back there tomorrow.

Hell I won an EDH Cube game with him. And I'm playing against stuff like Treachery and Consecrated Sphinx.

I may or may not have had archangel of thune/spike feeder combo

With the World Championship over, I think now's the time to change the thread title, even if PAX still has some stuff tomorrow. Everyone still favoring this?

Magic: the Gathering |OT9| Kaladesh - Cruisin Down the Street in my 6/4

bigkrev

Grim Flayer was played in like half the Modern decks at champs, lol

Congrats to BBD. He is the last person in this field that I expected to win the thing, considering he has zero PT Top 8s, but apparently, since Players Championship/Worlds has been a thing, the combined T8 appearances by winners is under 5!

Also, congrats to LSV. He has a fulltime job working on Elder Scrolls CCG (I honestly don't know why he pimps eternal before Elder Scrolls), is a new father, and this commentary job means he doesn't have to spend a week or more before tournaments away from his family testing.

Lol randos on twitter accusing Tom Martell, Pat Chapin, Paul Rietzl, Matt Sperling, and Shahar Shenhar of a conspiracy to frame Carvalho for cheating because they are racist against non-American players.

Also, TIL despite these things being synonymous for all of history up to this point, the proliferation of digital card games has led people to use "CCG" to mean Hearthstone-style personal-collection games and "TCG" to mean MTGO/HEX style games where you can buy/sell/trade cards. (I mean it makes sense, but.)

That game that is absolutely totally nothing like Hearthstone, right?

It tacks into the middle between HS and MTG again, so like I don't think it's more like Hearthstone given multiple inspirations than Hearthstone was like Magic with (at the time) exactly the one. Or: it's not Hex to Hearthstone's MTG or anything.

Also, congrats to LSV. He has a fulltime job working on Elder Scrolls CCG (I honestly don't know why he pimps eternal before Elder Scrolls), is a new father, and this commentary job means he doesn't have to spend a week or more before tournaments away from his family testing.

He works at Direwolf Digital, which makes both Eternal and the Elder Scrolls CCG. Eternal probably needs more pimping since it's not based on an established IP.

MoxManiac

What do you guys think of FTV lore at $52? I really want Jitte, Dark Depths + token and most of the other cards. Not worried about the bending since double sleeving them and putting them in the back of a binder for awhile can fix that.

What do you guys think of FTV lore at $52? I really want Jitte, Dark Depths + token and most of the other cards. Not worried about the bending since double sleeving them and putting them in the back of a binder for awhile can fix that.

Dark Depths isn't gonna get cheaper than $25 any time soon.

This is a tangent and anecdotal, but most people that I know consider the premium foiling to be a net negative to these cards. Why on earth does WOTC insist on continuing the foiling like this when so many people dislike it?

kirblar

This is a tangent and anecdotal, but most people that I know consider the premium foiling to be a net negative to these cards. Why on earth does WOTC insist on continuing the foiling like this when so many people dislike it?
Aaron literally only heard that feedback this year. They are in a total bubble.

The look of the foiling is kind of neat and unique, and they only use it on a product that by definition sells out every year. I would guess the target pimping market for these is cubes, where it isn't gonna matter if they curl up a bit anyway.

OnPoint

The look of the foiling is kind of neat and unique, and they only use it on a product that by definition sells out every year. I would guess the target pimping market for these is cubes, where it isn't gonna matter if they curl up a bit anyway.
I started using those insiders to deal with curling and it helps a ton so long as the cards aren't already curled.

kirblar

The negative feedback caught Aaron off guard on twitter. He seemed to legitimately not know people hated it.

The negative feedback caught Aaron off guard on twitter. He seemed to legitimately not know people hated it.

I wasn't disagreeing, my point was more that there's no sales feedback since even bad lists sell out immediately, there's no market research feedback since they don't do research on these types of products, and there's one target audience that's predisposed to like them even with that problem.

I think in general WotC tends to be more tuned in to problems people have actually expressed with more important or significant products, because people tend to get loud and hit up regular channels to complain for those. What they don't get is stuff that everyone grumbles about when it comes up but nobody writes in about, and I do wonder how much their social media rules (both about participation, and the guidelines intended to avoid things like seeing custom cards) make it harder to keep up with this stuff.

I wish packs had full-art as premium rather than foil. I'm sure there are some logistical problems there, though.

In Tenth Edition they didn't even touch the art, just re-typeset every foil card to remove reminder text, and they said it was a massive, obnoxious logistical mess.

Looking up some cards for my Prossh Commander deck and discovered this crazy card.

287.jpg

Wow.

It was reprinted in Conspiracy as well, I somehow missed that.

Yeef

Looking up some cards for my Prossh Commander deck and discovered this crazy card.

287.jpg

Wow.
It was reprinted in the last conspiracy set with Gruul art. It's actually pretty bad in 1v1 since you can't cast it if you don't have a target for each part.

185.jpg

It was reprinted in the last conspiracy set with Gruul art. It's actually pretty bad in 1v1 since you can't cast it if you don't have a target for each part.

185.jpg

You're right, I can see that being a big issue. I actually played multiplayer Commander today which is totally different from what I am used to so I was considering other cards.
It's different, I'm not used to seeing Sol Ring out and about for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom