• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Majora's Mask 3D |OT| Remakes are a Nice Thing to Have… Heh, heh

Eurgh. I can still see the troll posts in quotes. Its hilariously sad.

Can we get back to discussing the actual game now? I've just got to Great Bay...and yeah, the new swimming is a goddamn letdown. I used to love speeding through the ocean...now I'm like, not able to. Goddamnit.

You lied. Congratulations. Busted. Just own up to the fact that you're one of these crazy people.

OK. Why not do more than just read the site? Why not contribute in to the discussions in a more helpful manner?

You, and anyone else is totally welcome on neogaf, but being almost pointlessly abrasive isn't going to win you any points.

How am I abrasive if I was laughing at every post that sounds WRONG because I have seen people say all these post that sounds well, stupid? If you want me to say something constructive; Here's an idea...Don't say stupid shit that makes me laugh.

Yep, that makes you one of these crazy people and besides why does that Jennifer Lawrence gif get so much mileage? Is it because a lot of guys have a sick fetish with her? :)

Jeez, and people think I'm an obnoxious poster. I'll be shocked if he lasts until the end of the night.

Zora Link
Goron Link
Deku Link
Fierce Deity Link
Skull Kid
Keaton

amiibo

I'd pay any amount of money.

No Tingle, no buy.

Not really. The games never needed it. Can't recall ever going "man I wish i could turn the camera." I just pressed Z and boom, done.
Yeh I'm not sure how much mileage the c nub camera can get really, z targeting was a massive deal at the time simply because it gave brilliant camera control. Who knows it might work well, I'm just a bit concerned about clipping etc since it wasn't a feature in the original

Anth0ny

I can't see myself using the c-stick for Majora's Mask. I've become a master of Z-targeting. Never had a problem with the camera in the 64 Zeldas.

Not really. The games never needed it. Can't recall ever going "man I wish i could turn the camera." I just pressed Z and boom, done.

They didn't NEED it, but having it would be kind of nice. There are plenty of times when I'm trying to get a perfect camera angle for a jump or someting and I'm just tweaking Link's position over and over as I Z-target over and over to get the camera right.

Dimmle

After using the camera control in MM3D...nahhh.

Its not that great.

Yeah, I've never wanted it in Ocarina but then again I never knew I could have it. It's so essential to the way I play TWW.

Although, I have used it in MM3D and I agree that the fidelity isn't quite GCN C-stick. It is definitely a laptop nub.

Rich!

I'm just a bit concerned about clipping etc since it wasn't a feature in the original

That's exactly what happens.

My experience so far is:

Adjust camera

It sticks at one angle.

Clips through walls. Can't see shit. Press L to reset camera. Didn't need to use the c stick at all.

I can't see myself using the c-stick for Majora's Mask. I've become a master of Z-targeting. Never had a problem with the camera in the 64 Zeldas.

Exactly. I just go *shrug* and press L on the 3DS and boom, the camera centers itself behind Link. I'm going to keep doing that with MM3D. After reading Rich's impressions on the N3DS, and saying that the game doesn't use the extra shoulder buttons and that c stick is pointless, I'll hold off on buying the N3DS XL because Monster Hunter isn't of any interest to me.

TheMoon

tumblr_lf6sxxskel1qgtanuuy.png

RIP

Dimmle

He went out with a smile on his face. (':

EDIT: The design arguments against camera control in MM are making a lot of sense. I'll have to see how it fares for myself tomorrow!

That's exactly what happens.

My experience so far is:

Adjust camera

It sticks at one angle.

Clips through walls. Can't see shit. Press L to reset camera. Didn't need to use the c stick at all.

Yeah. It's a nice addition, but I bet it didn't go through a lot of playtesting. I ran into this a lot in the demo version as well. (I also really didn't like the C-stick in general)

Picking this up at lunch time tomorrow. Cant wait. I got this for Christmas when I was younger but never finished it. I think I was burnt out after the hundreds of hours I poured into ocarina.

I'm looking forward to trying this out for the first time. Definitely picking it up when I finish my first ever playthrough of OoT (furthest I ever got before this was the beginning of the Forest Temple - today, just have the Spirit Temple to go before facing Ganon).

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Who else is downloading the digital order at midnight? I sure am. I'll give it a go after discrediting the 3 days for years. I almost wish I had a strategy guide for it. I could relive my OOT years. I'm actually more excited about its release now than I was when it first came out. I always put it down on my favorite list, so this might change all that.

Anth0ny

why do I have this voice in my head

telling me to download this game digitally at midnight

even though I have two LEs coming my way

and I've played this game like 15 times

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Anyone else sorta bummed that Ocarina 3D can't get some C-stick camera control patched in?

I'm with ya, I enjoy playing with the camera in all 3d games. Just focusing on the functionality while playing, I'll just use the "z" targeting but in general I like to frame pretty shots and move the camera while running/walking for enjoyment.
Would def add to my fun :)

Kriken

why do I have this voice in my head

telling me to download this game digitally at midnight

even though I have two LEs coming my way

and I've played this game like 15 times

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Because you don't want to open the LE and having access to it whenever is the best
I'm in this camp

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Just realized I had the physical copy pre-ordered. It shipped.

Untitled.png

piccc.png

I was set on getting the digital version and everything. Now I don't need to worry about transferring problems.

jepense

Woke up at night, and coudn't resist checking out if it's up on the eShop. The eShop music being the Zelda shop tune was too much to resist, so I bought it and played through the first cycle.

It's so good. The original is my favorite game ever, and this one looks miles better yet feels the same. I had the first cycle finished during the first day, making it immediately obvious why it's a good idea to be able to save whenever and skip to any given point in the future. Although I think Song of Time should also still save.

Overall, I think it's good they've changed things. Regardless of their effect on the gameplay, I like it that it's not a carbon copy of the original and I get to discover things that are not quite like they used to be. For instance, the dog seems to be more aggressive and pursued me all the way up behind the clock tower. :)

Oh, and I haven't seen this posted here yet. It's also good stuff especially if you've already played the game (music): http://www.terriblefate.com

zeldarocks

Neo Member
Anyone else sorta bummed that Ocarina 3D can't get some C-stick camera control patched in?

*Raises hand*

At least for the sake of parity, I would love for Ocarina of Time 3D to get C-Stick control.

Hell, remake the entire game after the improvements seen in Majora's Mask 3D.

Oh new trailer on JP eShop.
*Happy Mask Salesman narrating*
MOMMY!
Edit: The trailer looks like Goht now chases after you! OMG!

SoulUnison

Banned
I said I wasn't going to buy this and here I am, waiting patiently for the eShop to be updated.

Same. I spent the last month getting into replays of Shin Megami Tensei IV, Persona 4 Golden, and spending a lot of time playing Smash 3DS.
I kept telling myself I had plenty to play right now and this wasn't something I needed to have Minute One.

I went grocery shopping and picked up an eShop gift card not even an hour ago.

Top Bottom