• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Majora's Mask 3D |OT| Remakes are a Nice Thing to Have… Heh, heh

Not

Banned
Should be no different than OOT3D if you played it. You press L when you want to recenter the camera and L to lock on to enemies/suspicion things. Zelda usually not really action focus so needing to seewhat you need to see is not that important and cheap shots rarely happen. I be playing this and MH4U with my regular Zelda LBW 3DSXL.

Rich and I both found the camera controls troublesome because the game wasn't made with them in mind. It gets stuck around corners and clips through walls and doesn't change position until you press L again.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... :/

AdanVC

So the game overall looks better than OoT 3D?? OoT 3D already looked awesome! Dammnn can't wait to play this tomorrow!

I love how polished the game looks. Things looks so much more pleasure to the eyes than the original version. I just entered the Swamp, but I'll stop there since it's getting late.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Looks really nice, and feels somewhat faster than OoT3D too. Definitely one of the greatest.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Got a notice it's been shipped tonight. Hope to get it tomorrow, but that will destroy much of my planned weekend productivity. Oh well!

Foetoid

Neo Member
1925330_10152947031384724_3345795076522339891_n.jpg

So this is happening. As of about an hour and a half ago at time of this posting, people who have shown they are Zelda fans outside the US are getting a FREE Skull Kid statue. I live in Australia, i was the first in my store to preorder both the local Limited Edition game and the 3DS console, i'm also a Level 4 EB World member which apparently helps in the selection process, and now i'll be having a free figurine sent to my local store for me. My manager tells me only a couple were sent per store and i'll have it by Friday next week!

Another source of mine was apparently told by Nintendo Australia that Nintendo themselves pick who gets it based on their Nintendo purchase history on a single EB World account. A big purchase history, some collectors editions, preorders for the MM 3DS and Limited Edition all help in the selection criteria according to him. I haven't been able to confirm exactly how it works.

Looks like Nintendo kept some from the US for the rest of the world.

I tried to post this as a new topic but it seems i either haven't been here long enough or haven't posted enough.

Nice to finally own a copy of this game for myself after almost 15 years of saying it's my favorite Zelda game lol. Got up to the Deku Palace so far, plan on playing a bit more tonight after my thumbs don't feel so cramped. Definitely the biggest negative about the 3DS is that it's not that great for long play sessions before my thumbs start cramping :(

Rich!

Nothing other than camera is reported.

Don't even think the additional shoulder buttons do anything.

Yeah, they don't confirmed.

Nah. They do!!

41491_100000607510118_6_n.jpg
They double up as R and L!! Its an amazing feature!!! I am glad I got a N3DS so I can ZR my shield along with R'ing my shield!!!

But really, damn they should have been extra item slots! Bit of a missed opportunity really, especially in dungeons when I want the great fairy mask, bunny hood and at least two transformation masks on hand at every point throughout.

Oh lol, been a while since I played but is
Deku Link hopping into larger chests to take out the items a new detail or was that there before.

That probably didn't need a spoiler tag but just to be safe.

Robin64

Didn't notice a Gamecube with Game Boy Player in Majora before. Was it always the case and the graphics just made it unclear? Or is it new?

zlCfzS_2rHMNEy_MYX

Plus a couple of early Nintendo toys, of course.

McNum

Never played MM before. All in for this version. I heard there's a time limit. Does that get in the way of the fun?
You learn to manage it. Or got hit in the face by a moon, either or. You are playing as the Hero of Time, so I'm sure you can figure something out.

Time spoilers:
The Song of Time resets the timer, play it backwards to slow it down. Play each note twice to jump ahead.

The game wouldn't be the same without it, a lot of the sidequests depend on being at the right place at the right time.

zychi

Banned
Didn't notice a Gamecube with Game Boy Player in Majora before. Was it always the case and the graphics just made it unclear? Or is it new?

zlCfzS_2rHMNEy_MYX

Plus a couple of early Nintendo toys, of course.
Since Majora came out before the Gamecube...well, you can figure it out lol

Question regarding the C-Stick..

I have both OoT and MM and as I haven't played them before I've started on OoT. The C-stick doesn't work for that but I've heard it is usable for MM? Is this correct? I just want to ensure I don't have a faulty 3ds! I know I could whack in MM but I'm at work and it just got me thinking what if I have a faulty C-stick nub thingy.

Rich!

Question regarding the C-Stick..

I have both OoT and MM and as I haven't played them before I've started on OoT. The C-stick doesn't work for that but I've heard it is usable for MM? Is this correct? I just want to ensure I don't have a faulty 3ds! I know I could whack in MM but I'm at work and it just got me thinking what if I have a faulty C-stick nub thingy.

Are you sure you have circle pad pro turned on in the MM options menu? It will work fine then.

That's all it is. The c stick and extra buttons are detected as a circle pad pro.

Are you sure you have circle pad pro turned on in the MM options menu? It will work fine then.

That's all it is. The c stick and extra buttons are detected as a circle pad pro.

I haven't launched MM yet. Just played OoT and couldn't see any menu for the circle pad pro. I just assumed the c-stick would automatically work as a camera stick but it seems not. Unless my c-stick is dodgy of course

Rich!

I haven't launched MM yet. Just played OoT and couldn't see any menu for the circle pad pro. I just assumed the c-stick would automatically work as a camera stick but it seems not. Unless my c-stick is dodgy of course

Hahahhaaha

There's a very, very good reason for that. Dude. I shall let you work it out. The answer may surprise you!!

OOT3D never had and never will have circle pad pro support.

Hahahhaaha

There's a very, very good reason for that. Dude.

Sorry complete noob here. First Nintendo handheld since Gameboy lmao. I'm surviving fine without a second stick in OoT I just wasn't sure if the C-stick was supposed to work with OoT or not.

EDIT: Richisawesome - Are you saying that because of something that happens in the game? If that's the case I will shut up now and carry on playing lmao.

Rich!

Sorry complete noob here. First Nintendo handheld since Gameboy lmao. I'm surviving fine without a second stick in OoT I just wasn't sure if the C-stick was supposed to work with OoT or not.

Heh nah, it doesn't support it. OOT3D is one of the earliest 3DS games and was released shortly after launch (well, a few months after) and a loooong time before the circle pad pro even existed.

If you want to test your N3DS c stick, you can use it in the 3DS menu for navigation. Also, download the demo for Resident Evil Revelations and Smash Bros. They both support it.

And play through OOT BEFORE MM3D.

Heh nah, it doesn't support it. OOT3D is one of the earliest 3DS games and was released shortly after launch (well, a few months after) and a loooong time before the circle pad pro even existed.

If you want to test your N3DS c stick, you can use it in the 3DS menu for navigation. Also, download the demo for Resident Evil Revelations and Smash Bros. They both support it.

And play through OOT BEFORE MM3D.

Ahh ok that's cool then. Will test it out in the menus later. Didn't even think it worked on menus Derp! Sweet will do. Got soooo many games to catch up on lol.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Never played MM before. All in for this version. I heard there's a time limit. Does that get in the way of the fun?

there's no time limit. A game with a time limit would be Pikmin. Majora's Mask is a time loop. You keep all your key items and equipment and upgrades every time you reset the loop.

all the NPC characters have their own schedules they follow throughout the 3 day loop, and sidequests associated with them.

Neiteio

The new save system has already benefitted me, allowing me to start a file but quit right after meeting the Happy Mask Salesman (I was feeling sleepy and hardly able to keep my eyes open). One quick observation before I go to bed -- the camera is AMAZING. Using it to dramatically pan the environment, zoom in/out and rotate around Link, with its perfect acceleration curve and tight turning, is making this like a whole new game. I spent like 10 minutes in the caves at the start, just drinking up all of the details. Good stuff. :)

You learn to manage it. Or got hit in the face by a moon, either or. You are playing as the Hero of Time, so I'm sure you can figure something out.

Time spoilers:
The Song of Time resets the timer, play it backwards to slow it down. Play each note twice to jump ahead.

The game wouldn't be the same without it, a lot of the sidequests depend on being at the right place at the right time.

The game is entirely designed around that time limit so it works.

there's no time limit. A game with a time limit would be Pikmin. Majora's Mask is a time loop. You keep all your key items and equipment and upgrades every time you reset the loop.

all the NPC characters have their own schedules they follow throughout the 3 day loop, and sidequests associated with them.

Thanks for the replies dudes. Much appreciated.

Zareka

I played this game a ton (but only ever got up to the Zora mask) back on the Gamecube but my memory is pretty hazy. How much easier does song of half time whatever make the game? Is the default cycle time only hard mode for new players or is it a kick in the balls for everyone involved?

I remember sucking at the time mechanic but I also remember having the first cycle pretty much memorised. The last time I played I was sitting in front of the clock tower for an entire in game day or something because I finished up so quick, and that was without slowing down time.

It might not have been exactly that moment but I do remember standing around for ages with nothing to do. Can't wait to play the game but I don't wanna gimp it too much for myself.

McNum

So I'm one of those people who really chafed at the old save mechanics, but with that worry gone in this one, I'm really enjoying myself. I just had to smile when I saved my game... during the first day of the first cycle.

I'm noticing some changes, or at least some things I think are changes. Spoilered just in case.

All from the first three days, plus one more day:
-
Tatl is way more talkative. She really nags you on in the beginning.
-
Was the Bombers' code "12345" in the original? I seem to remember something like "24153"
-
Speaking of Bombers, they're not all in their old hiding places. I loved the Metal Gear Solid reference, though. But the cardboard box trick won't work on me!
-
The Song of Soaring... wasn't that at the temple in the original?

In any case, I'm enjoying myself quite a bit with this version. I think when I load it up, I'll reset time and go exploring in just Clock Town. Maybe withdraw 100 rupees to spend on stuff.

Rich!

So I'm one of those people who really chafed at the old save mechanics, but with that worry gone in this one, I'm really enjoying myself. I just had to smile when I saved my game... during the first day of the first cycle.

I'm noticing some changes, or at least some things I think are changes. Spoilered just in case.

All from the first three days, plus one more day:
-
Tatl is way more talkative. She really nags you on in the beginning.
-
Was the Bombers' code "12345" in the original? I seem to remember something like "24153"
-
Speaking of Bombers, they're not all in their old hiding places. I loved the Metal Gear Solid reference, though. But the cardboard box trick won't work on me!
-
The Song of Soaring... wasn't that at the temple in the original?

In any case, I'm enjoying myself quite a bit with this version. I think when I load it up, I'll reset time and go exploring in just Clock Town. Maybe withdraw 100 rupees to spend on stuff.

Bombers code is random.

Mine was 32451 I think

There's a time limit in the sense that when you begin certain tasks, such as starting a dungeon or sidequest, it needs to be completed before the time loop is reset, otherwise you'll need to start that task over. But the game is structured to accommodate this (for example, if you get the item in a dungeon, but run out of time, when you reset the time loop, you can use the item to bypass part of the dungeon. The time limits are also VERY generous if you play carefully (ie, reset the loop before entering a dungeon, use the song that lets you slow time down, etc).

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
just picked up this and a new 3ds XL ! :O :O :O :O :O

Top Bottom