• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Making A Murderer - Netflix 10-part documentary series - S1 now streaming on Netflix

Armadilo

Banned
151109-news-netflix.jpg

Trailer

The story focuses on Steven Avery, who was imprisoned for 18 years, only to be exonerated based on DNA evidence. Two years after his release, he became a prime suspect in a murder investigation.

All Episodes December 18

Netflix put the first episode on their YouTube channel -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34M2zdLc-2U

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Definitely checking this out when it drops. Love this kind of documentary.

Corpekata

Banned
Remember this guy being featured on one of those Cracked lists about "crazy stories about wrongfully convicted people that later ended up in trouble again."

Rootbeer

Banned
Going to watch! Thanks!

With things like Serial making HUGE waves I think we are going to see an increase in stuff like this... which is great IMO (sad when anyone is ever wrongly accused, obviously)

Polari

Going to watch! Thanks!

With things like Serial making HUGE waves I think we are going to see an increase in stuff like this... which is great IMO (sad when anyone is ever wrongly accused, obviously)

Well yeah, although in this case you could argue it was sad he was ever exonerated.

Just finished it, it is really good. Everyone who liked Serial and/or The Jinx will definitely love this. It´s a captivating story that keeps you glued to the screen especially because they end each episode with the start of the next one and you´ll want to immediately watch what comes next.

Spoilers about the end of the show.

I really think they are both innocent. I don´t think the police killed Teresa to frame it but I think they found her remains and her car and used it to implicate Steven Avery. There´s too many unanswered questions. Who deleted the voicemail messages and why? Why did that guy called dispatch to check on the car? Why isn´t there any evidence of Teresa being inside the trailer? Are we really supposed to think that Steven is smart enough to clean every thing better than any forensic tech could yet he would be stupid enough to leave blood spots inside the car and the remains so close to his house? He had much better tools to make the car and the body disappear.
The way he was incriminated for the first crime is just disgusting. People who were capable of that clearly won´t stop at nothing to incriminate him.
Brendan´s case was even weaker. His testimony kept changing and practically every single thing he said about the murder either didn´t check out with the timeline of the other witness or it was clearly couched by the detectives.
This people clearly didn´t have a fair trial in both cases.

styl3s

Grimløck;189821684 said:
thanks for the heads up

my gf questions my motives when i watch shows like forensic files lmao
I would question anyone who ISN'T interested in human behavior and why people do the things they do because it's not only in our nature to be nosy and want to understand these things it just makes for compelling stories.

It's why Law and Order and been on the air for 700 seasons. I would question her motive to question your motive.

Clockwork

I live about 45 minutes from Avery's Auto Salvage so this hits fairly close to home.

My feelings are mixed, but I did start watching this tonight and am currently halfway through episode 2.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I'll watch this over the weekend. Got episode 6 of The Jinx to watch now and I'm just amazed at what happens. I love these things.

Vire

Episode 1 was really good, sad my Netflix sub ran out. Might have to renew it for Masters of None and this.

norm9

36 million would probably bankrupt the town. That could lead some officials to do some shady ass shit to make the lawsuit go away.

Also, the woman's car key is in the main room right on the floor in the open and it takes them eight days to find it?! Fuck that fuckery.

Clockwork

36 million would probably bankrupt the town. That could lead some officials to do some shady ass shit to make the lawsuit go away.

Also, the woman's car key is in the main room right on the floor in the open and it takes them eight days to find it?! Fuck that fuckery.

Evidence sure likes to pop up when Lt. Lenk is around.

Also I loved that nephew's confession based on forced narrative by the investigators.

Also if she was tortured, stabbed, and had her throat slit in his bedroom, then why no evidence (DNA or otherwise) in his trailer? Why no evidence in the garage from blood and spatter other than the questionable bullet?

Bleh.

Evidence sure likes to pop up when Lt. Lenk is around.

Also I loved that nephew's confession based on forced narrative by the investigators.

Also if she was tortured, stabbed, and had her throat slit in his bedroom, then why no evidence (DNA or otherwise) in his trailer? Why no evidence in the garage from blood and spatter other than the questionable bullet?

Bleh.

Yea, I don't think this dude did it and I'm only at episode 3.

Dizzy-4U

Watched the first episode. Pretty good start. This is gonna be something like Paradise Lost, isn't it? I'm gonna get extremely angry.

Top Bottom