• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Malazan Book of the Fallen, Broken Binding hardcover release

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I should start reading book 1 again ... for a fourth time. I have gotten around half way through. It's interesting, but loses my interest around then and I start reading slower and slower until I stop. Then if I want to resume at some later time I have to start over because it is such a dense story.
Once you make it to the third act all the plot threads come together well and start feeling relevant to what’s going on, and it has a good climax.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Just ordered. Missed the opening by several hours due to misreading "BST" as "EST" :p No idea what batch I'm in though, is there some way to suss this out or does it come in an email?

Hopefully they add some sort of auto-subscribe for each book release so I don't have to play this game each time.

And man, I am sooooo out of fantasy. I looked at the other books they offer and wow, never even heard of most of them. Must be popular to justify such elaborate editions but no clue who they are.

near

Gold Member
Just ordered. Missed the opening by several hours due to misreading "BST" as "EST" :p No idea what batch I'm in though, is there some way to suss this out or does it come in an email?

Hopefully they add some sort of auto-subscribe for each book release so I don't have to play this game each time.

And man, I am sooooo out of fantasy. I looked at the other books they offer and wow, never even heard of most of them. Must be popular to justify such elaborate editions but no clue who they are.
They'll drop us an email by the end of August to let us know what batch we're in. I'm hoping I managed to squeeze into batch 2, the website was overloaded for a little while and I couldn't place my order for a good 20 mins.

jason10mm

Gold Member
They'll drop us an email by the end of August to let us know what batch we're in. I'm hoping I managed to squeeze into batch 2, the website was overloaded for a little while and I couldn't place my order for a good 20 mins.
I don't really care which batch so long as the quality is consistent, maybe even get any typos or small issues fixed between batch 1 and 3.

Wonder if Steven is signing each actual book or just a buuuunnnnccchhhhh of nameplates. Damn, having to sign thousands of times in a consistent way....hell on earth!

near

Gold Member
I’ve given it some thought. We could be waiting until Q2 of 2026 for the final book. With 7 books left, how will they divide them? 3 & 4? Or will it be 2 sets of 3 books and the last one sold as a standalone? If they decide to release the last book as a standalone, I could see it working out like this:

Q1 2025 preview the next set of books (HoC, MT & TB), Q2 release them. Q3 preview the next set (RG, TtH & DoD). Q4 release them. Q1 2026 announce the last book (TCG), then release the final book sometime in Q2 2026.

On the bright side there will be plenty of time to start and finish each set between releases.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
General sale today at 7pm BST. They sent an update saying they’re on the third and final batch with orders placed so far.
Luckily the thread bump reminded me to place my order. Thanks again mate and others who took their time to describe the series.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I bought book 1, Gardens of the Moon on Kindle. I started it last night. I’m looking over the maps and characters. It’s a lot to take in, but I’ll definitely reference the first few couple pages. There’s a nice glimpse into this world through the words of the author.

Top Bottom