• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man climbs to top of tall tree in downtown Seattle. Rescue launched

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerotol

Banned
http://komonews.com/news/local/man-trapped-at-top-of-tall-tree-in-downtown-seattle-rescue-launched

Live stream at the link

Police and firefighters are responding to a man who has climbed to the top of Seattle's iconic Sequoia tree next to the Macy's store downtown and apparently is refusing to come down.

The fire truck's ladder was extended to within a few feet of the man, then negotiators climbed up and tried to speak with him.

So far he has refused to come down and has thrown an apple at medics. He was also seen tossing small branches, orange peels, pine cones and other materials to the ground. He later requested a pack of Camel Crush cigarettes.

UnKakdu.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
From the video it appears to be a deranged drifter.

Dustin Zick @dustinzick

Live stream of man in Seattle tree throwing apples at police via @komonews komonews.com/live/event (h/t @crconnell89). I <3 the internet.

I once climbed a tree I couldn't get down from as an adult. I was the only driver on the 1300km drive home and so I had no choice but to get down and I was actually contemplating where on the ground would damage me on the least if i just let go and dropped. Eventually I slid down the trunk line a koala and cut up my whole chest and thighs in the process.

Despite the apples I feel for this guy, maybe he's just really embarrassed and is waiting for nightfall.

Westraid

Anyone here who worked as a fire-fighter who had to deal with this before?
How do you get a guy out of a tree without causing him harm?
Can you even get the ladder close enough without making the tree swing and cause him to fall out?

Anyone here who worked as a fire-fighter who had to deal with this before?
How do you get a guy out of a tree without causing him harm?
Can you even get the ladder close enough without making the tree swing and cause him to fall out?
I think it goes something like this:

Firefighter: "Look, just get in the fucking bucket..."

I never go downtown in the holiday season, but I was there on Sunday by Pikes Place, and not far from that tree.

Gotcha.

Mario at the top of the ladder looks like he's too old for this shit. They just look bored as this guy rants and raves from his nest. Seems like some active talking down might work better, but this guy is prob too far gone for that.

Now he's throwing branches. If they would've just left him alone he would've gotten bored in an hour.

Haha, the cop just caught a branch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom