• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man climbs to top of tall tree in downtown Seattle. Rescue launched

Status
Not open for further replies.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
The perspective in the live feed is so strange, dudes in the background look like they're closer to the camera even though they're on the ground.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Is it the camera feed or is it pouring down? I hope he doesn't slip, wet tree doesn't exactly give you the best grip.

This is all I've been seeing on Facebook all day...the funny thing is that most people are reporting as him being "stucki n the tree" and yet he's throwing stuff at people.

50301192.jpg

I am kidding of course. I hope the man and the tree both get out of this safely.

LOL he just gave everyone the middle finger this is great with my vodka. He is lucky I have no say in this, I'd just set the tree and fire and laugh =\

This reminds me of an incident last year where an an illegal immigrant climbed a crane and demanded citizenship for himself and his family. Because of the position of the crane they had to block an important road in our city and complete and utter traffic chaos ensued. Took me 2 hours for a commute that usually takes 20 mins.

Long story short, he didn't achieve what he aimed for and was charged with a crime. His chances of getting citizenship are now even lower.

Is this real? Wtf where they thinking?
That has got to be the stupidest shit I've seen this week.

Law enforcement there is fucking pathetic, they need to get off their asses and do something. Nothing has been done at all since this mess started.

LOL he just gave everyone the middle finger this is great with my vodka. He is lucky I have no say in this, I'd just set the tree and fire and laugh =\

I imagine most people are lucky you have no say in their personal events considering that post points toward you being a sociopath

I imagine most people are lucky you have no say in their personal events considering that post points toward you being a sociopath

The sociopath is the one going down town, climbing an 80+ foot tall tree and cutting off branch after branch while hanging upside down, giving people the middle finger and asking police for cigarettes.

The sociopath is the one going down town, climbing an 80+ foot tall tree and cutting off branch after branch while hanging upside down, giving people the middle finger and asking police for cigarettes.

No, the sociopath is the person with multiple comments insinuating and advocating the murder of a clearly troubled man on a tree, one of which saying that you personally would burn the man alive.

There has been no indication that he's been suicidal, and there would be no way to prevent such a thing anyway. Furthermore it just looks like they're exacerbating the situation.

If you want to prevent him from hurting others then cone off that area and be on your way. It's hard not to see dozens of government employees just making the situation worse and siphoning tax payer money right now.

I understand what you are saying but in a situation like this you have no way of knowing whether or not he might jump into traffic. Even if you don't think he will do anything bad it is not the worst idea to hedge your bet.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
He destroyed the top of it? Damn. I was on his team until I saw that on the stream.

No, the sociopath is the person with multiple comments insinuating and advocating the murder of a clearly troubled man on a tree, one of which saying that you personally would burn the man alive.

No comment said to burn the man alive... he would probably lower himself and get off the tree much quicker if he thought they would set it on fire. FFS man, think it through before saying something.

They need to just put something under him, tase him and hope for the best.

NM, he did all that damage. I'm all for shooting him down now.

No comment said to burn the man alive... he would probably lower himself and get off the tree much quicker if he thought they would set it on fire. FFS man, think it through before saying something.

Hm...

Consul

They just switched to a ground cam. This dude kinda looks like Jesus. Could it be? Hope he gets down soon and doesn't do any further stupid shit.

Trouble

Banned
I'm halfway tempted to walk the mile or so down there. I WFH'ed today, so I'm a little antsy from not getting my usual miles in today. I just don't want to potentially watch a guy die, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom