• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man climbs to top of tall tree in downtown Seattle. Rescue launched

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstripes

Banned
Watching the live video.

I don't know why they're so surprised. He's a fucking lumberjack. Look at him.

They need to return him to his natural habitat.

The top of that tree still has more space and is cheaper to rent and maintain than any of the microhousing going up downtown or in South Lake Union or elsewhere.

I should have staked it out first. Damn it.

They ought to just leave him alone - he'll climb down eventually. Meanwhile Seattle: a place where you can watch people smoke crack in their camper illegally parked on your street and the police won't respond. A place where you can watch a car prowler smashing out glass and stealing things out of the cars and police won't respond. However some guy climbs a tree for whatever reason and massive police response.

iammeiam

This is a couple blocks from where I work and you can see the tree/ladder from my desk. It's been an excellent way to break up the afternoon.

The original news report called him "trapped" in the tree. Wording changed when he started throwing apples and orange peels at medics and flipping people off. They've closed the streets and buses are rerouting around it.

adj_noun

This is a couple blocks from where I work and you can see the tree/ladder from my desk. It's been an excellent way to break up the afternoon.

The original news report called him "trapped" in the tree. Wording changed when he started throwing apples and orange peels at medics and flipping people off. They've closed the streets and buses are rerouting around it.

He's not trapped in the tree.

We're trapped outside the tree.

They ought to just leave him alone - he'll climb down eventually. Meanwhile Seattle: a place where you can watch people smoke crack in their camper illegally parked on your street and the police won't respond. A place where you can watch a car prowler smashing out glass and stealing things out of the cars and police won't respond. However some guy climbs a tree for whatever reason and massive police response.

Yeah the longer I watch this, the stupider I think it is. He would've climbed down by himself by now, now he has no desire to since he'll be in trouble, plus now he's getting attention.

Westraid

But the threw branches and stuff at the cops on the ladder too, isn't that against the law too, even if it didn't cause much harm?

Leave him up there, he can easily just levitate down.

6xh4yEUl.jpg

But the threw branches and stuff at the cops on the ladder too, isn't that against the law too, even if it didn't cause much harm?

That certainly wouldn't have happened if they weren't there, but even so, there's lots of shit you can write him up for. Wait until he comes down and write him up if you want.

Yeah the longer I watch this, the stupider I think it is. He would've climbed down by himself by now, now he has no desire to since he'll be in trouble, plus now he's getting attention.

The danger is in the possibility of him jumping and causing harm to someone on the ground.

Not to mention the fact that he could hurt or kill himself in the process. Police try to talk people down from hurting themselves quite often.

Checked this out a bit ago and just came back. Wow, he is shredding that tree. I assume this guy has some mental illnesses... but, come on, why you gotta be this way bro?

The danger is in the possibility of him jumping and causing harm to someone on the ground.

Not to mention the fact that he could hurt or kill himself in the process. Police try to talk people down from hurting themselves quite often.

There has been no indication that he's been suicidal, and there would be no way to prevent such a thing anyway. Furthermore it just looks like they're exacerbating the situation.

If you want to prevent him from hurting others then cone off that area and be on your way. It's hard not to see dozens of government employees just making the situation worse and siphoning tax payer money right now.

This is like something Urkle would do and end up finding out the true meaning of christmas or love or some shit, then Carl shows up in a boom truck trying to save him and they both end up clinging to the tree as it sways back and fourth, then the episode just ends. Only to come back from the final commercial and they're both in towels drinking hot chocolate in Carl's house on his couch with Steve capping this off with "did I do thaaaaat???" as they watch some kinda aftermath on tv.

Jon Arbuckle

Neo Member
look how many branches he ripped off the top of the tree

p1BVzad.jpg

Yeah, it's a real bummer. That tree was pretty nice before he started doing that. Not too many Sequoias in Seattle that I'm aware of.

Is anyone else reminded of Yukon Cornelius looking at him?

Matticers

He's climbing down now... I think. Unless he was just trying to get a cigarette? Damn, I guess he really wants that cig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom