• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man marries robot he made, plans to upgrade her later with the ability to move

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
If we are going down the road of genocide, can we start with rapist, sexual assault people and pedophiles first? People humping silicone are harmless.

Moose Biscuits, would you please stop reading that Ross Perot pamphlet?

WRyQPga.jpg

I'm sorry for using hyperbole, I'm one of those people myself so I'm obviously not for that.

Just that there is a lot of us sexless frustrated nerds out there who want intimacy and aren't going to get it for a variety of reasons (mostly self-inflicted) and people have acknowledged that we're a problem (good targets for extremist movements). Obviously we're not entitled to love, sex or intimacy but someone stepping in to provide something that gives a half decent simulacrum can't be all bad.

Dreavus

I don't know how he can embrace this illusion if he was the one that made it. He would know intimately how this thing functions and all the behind the scenes programming. It's like trying to be engaged and surprised by a movie or game that you yourself created.

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
I don't know how he can embrace this illusion if he was the one that made it. He would know intimately how this thing functions and all the behind the scenes programming. It's like trying to be engaged and surprised by a movie or game that you yourself created.

On the other hand, it could be like jerking it to the fantasy you've crafted yourself that caters to your exact fetish in every detail.

Some people like things to go exactly their way. If this guy is that way, then more the better.

RalchAC

I want to think this is some sort of weird PR stunt the guy is doing to get extra coverage for his AI program.

But I... yeah. Maybe not.

She doesn't sound like anything more than an unfinished project, really. Why marry an unfinished hunk that barely speaks?
She doesn't even look cool. If you're going to marry a robot, marry one that at least looks cool.

Firemind

I don't know the person, but I doubt you can be completely mentally sound and marry a nonthinking thing.

There's a fine line between support and enabling.

Or should we be inclusive and supportive of people that like being heroin addicts?
Sounds like someone who doesn't have a whole family shame you for being single in your mid-twenties.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Sounds like someone who doesn't have a whole family shame you for being single in your mid-twenties.

I don't know what you mean haha.
A family would prefer married to object than single?

For clarification. If you want to fuck a robot or another object go for it. It's marrying it that is nonsensical.

Firemind

I don't know what you mean haha.
A family would prefer married to object than single?

For clarification. If you want to fuck a robot or another object go for it. It's marrying it that is nonsensical.
Family already assume you're gay if you don't have a partner in your twenties so I'd say he vanquished that myth!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom