• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man of Steel |OT| It's about action.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Just got home...

For now I'm just gonna say I feel like I did as a kid when I saw Superman the movie for the first time.

And Cavill... you're Superman. That is fucking all.

I'm bathing in the sun.

:)

I found TDK tiring and unwatchable for any viewings after the first and liked the former far better, but to each their own.

I think the third act of TDK to suffer quite a bit, but in terms of just about everything else, I think it's superior.

The fact that it has a central idea/theme that is well developed (for a Nolan film) is almost enough alone to put it above MoS for me.

javac

I wanted to kill myself during the boat bomb part. I was like give me both triggers and Ill blow both boats up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah the end of the movie drags on way too much. It ends like 3 times lol. Still it was a very good movie.

With MoS I was super satisfied by the end. Had me wanting more.

Just got home...

For now I'm just gonna say I feel like I did as a kid when I saw Superman the movie for the first time.

I'm bathing in the sun.

I knew it.
I knew it.

There is plenty room on the sun my friend. I lost all sense of my age sitting in that theater.

javac

I kid you not I was fucking shaking with pure happiness and awe during the fight sequences. I got worried at one point thinking the people behind me could see my head bobbing up and down. Biggest fucking grin on my face ever.

Raptor

I kid you not I was fucking shaking with pure happiness and awe during the fight sequences. I got worried at one point thinking the people behind me could see my head bobbing up and down. Biggest fucking grin on my face ever.

At one point I almost got up of my seat lols.

It was too much awesome.

KalBalboa

Banned
Uhhh...the scene in your avatar

Eh, it didn't resonate to me as a rescue or with much heroism. He
fought a robot by flying through it
, and while it was neat to see that on screen it didn't feel terribly heroic as much as it felt like a fight.

As a lot of people have said, this film didn't focus on him acting much like a typical hero. That stuff will hopefully shine more in the follow-up.

Aside from the oil rig scene, did we get another scene dedicated to a heroic rescue? I can't recall an actual "Superman" moment in this context.
Schoolbus
Oil rig
Lois in ship
Lois falling
Army guy falling from Helicopter
Colonel Hardy against Faora
His mother in smallville
The family
Metropolis
The World
Faora vs fighter jet guy

javac

At one point I almost got up of my seat lols.

It was too much awesome.

Yup. I absolutely loved the movie. Is it perfect? Well no. Could some things have been altered? Maybe. However in the end it's the Superman movie I and many others always wanted. If people prefer the other versions of Superman nobody is stopping them from enjoying them and nobody is taking them away. However we've waited decades for this on the silver screen. It's not necessarily one or the other either. You can easily enjoy both or even hate both.

In the end I loved MoS. I liked returns too. MoS was what I was always yearning for. Some crazy DBZ-esque action. It was fast. It was adrenaline filed. It was awe inspiring. It was awesome. And I loved it.

Raptor

Eh, it didn't resonate to me as a rescue or with much heroism. He fought a robot by flying through it, and while it was neat to see that on screen it didn't feel terribly heroic as much as it felt like a fight.

He pretty much saved the planet? That is not heroic?

Shaanyboi

Banned
Aside from the oil rig scene, did we get another scene dedicated to a heroic rescue? I can't recall an actual "Superman" moment in this context.

The school bus. And Supes saving acouple of soldiers. Fuck, he literally JUST became Superman in the last third of the movie, AND he just saved the planet. I'd say he did pretty well for his first and second day wearing that suit.

Besides, they can't cover every base in this one movie that already has a shit ton going on. I do wish there was more of him actively trying to get Zod away from citizens or whatever, but I never said this movie was perfect in the first place.

Raptor

Is that so? Spoilers are funny? Okay.

No, the situation, Im not laughing because of the spoilers, I hate that, Im laughing because you can't refrain from coming to the Superman threads like in a blackout, is liek a drug coming to the thread.

Sorry if I offended you or something.

strafer

No, the situation, Im not laughing because of the spoilers, I hate that, Im laughing because you can't refrain from coming to the Superman threads like in a blackout, is liek a drug coming to the thread.

Sorry if I offended you or something.

Nah, I'm not offended, I just want to be able to enter this thread without having to worry about big ass spoilers up in my face.

That's why there is a spoiler thread.

:p

Just got home...

I'm bathing in the sun.

do you think that's all Superman is?

legacyzero

Banned
So what's the verdict, GAF? Good/Bad?

I'm dying to see this movie, but I'm scared :(

I would have already gone, but my wife got food poisoned over the weekend, So I took care of her.

Toa TAK

Banned
Yeah, it's hard to miss that thread when it has caps in it. :p

It's the sun I swear.

I would have already gone, but my wife got food poisoned over the weekend, So I took care of her.
GO SEE IT. It's a fun movie, ignore all the crap people say about it and make up your own mind.

There are horrible movies out there and MOS isn't one of them.

Shaanyboi

Banned

Jeez, sorry about your wife man. Hope she's doing alright.

Anyways, it's good. But very flawed.

If your only image of Superman is Christopher Reeves saving people from falling off the side of a building and general silliness, you will probably hate it.

If you are maybe more a fan of the comics, or are a fan of the Justice League cartoon from like 10 years ago or whatever, you're probably going to be way more into it.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport

It's pretty divisive so it's hard to say how anyone might react to it, so just go find out yourself.

legacyzero

Banned
Jeez, sorry about your wife man. Hope she's doing alright.

Anyways, it's good. But very flawed.

If your only image of Superman is Christopher Reeves saving people from falling off the side of a building and general silliness, you will probably hate it.

If you are maybe more a fan of the comics, or are a fan of the Justice League cartoon from like 10 years ago or whatever, you're probably going to be way more into it.

Oh she's good now. Good to have my wife back :D

See, That I dont mind. I'm kinda hoping it feels like a reboot. I LOOOOOVE Superman, but I agree that all this "It's a bird! It's a plane!" crap got a bit silly. I'm loving it's serious tones, I'm just worried the movie went overboard.

Top Bottom