• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man stopped at LAX wearing bullet proof vest, carrying gas mask, smoke bombs etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoe

How are you supposed to transport weapons, anyway?

had just arrived on a flight from Japan

“The case does not seem to pose any immediate concerns about aviation security measures in Japan,” he said.

what
the
fuck

The only thing they have him on right now is possibly the baton and clubs, and that's local to California.

Zebra

i guess if you're wearing one you have the expectation of being shot at...why would he get shot at?

I get that line of reasoning, but I think it's silly to attach an offensive connotation to an object that is purely defensive. No one can hurt someone with a bullet proof vest.

I bet there are super paranoid tin-foil hat people out there that wear a vest every day of their lives. I don't see why others should care if people are wearing defensive attire so long as they are not also carrying weapons.

I'm talking in general here. Obviously this guy had much more than a vest and that's cause for concern.

Prez

Yeah honest question, are you allowed to wear a bullet proof vest on a plane?

I don't see why not. It's very suspicious and you'll be searched but if they don't find anything else and you can say why you're wearing one, they'll have to let you through.

CorvoSol

Reads like the contents of some strange RPG inventory.

Imagine: "Officer you don't understand! I've been carrying around these 20 swords since the beginning because they offer different stat bonuses! What if I need the fire one in an ice cave!!? What if a fire monster attacks the plane mid-flight? I need the icebrand officer! I need it!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom