• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steroyd

I read Fairy Tail to see Natsu be all amazing and give friendship speeches, even when all odds are against him, he manages to deliver and win, making him amazing character. I think its impossible for him to lose, if he did then this would be a not good series, so Ive just never entertained the idea of him losing.

You like Natsu giving all these friendship speeches, yet his friends don't even get 1/10th of that optimism.

Wut!?

Pyrokles

Neo Member
Wait what I thought I said it. I even said weekend! But I'm sticking to the anime until it's over, anyway.

I will get to S&W eventually, but both my anime and manga wishlists are currently on a honeymoon together until my VN high calms down.. could take a year or two. Also I guess LN high somewhat, since I'm reading Campione and it's pretty neat.

I can't believe you haven't watched/read Spice & Wolf when you like MMY so much. Anyway since you apparently also read light novels, try those for S&W as well. I've read up to volume 5 of the official english ones and the anime only covers volumes 1-3, 5 and will probably never get another season. I think the light novels are vastly superior to the anime though Ami Koshimizu's voice and the soundtrack are nice additions. So just keep your LN high going and proceed to S&W afterwards :p

upandaway

I can't believe you haven't watched/read Spice & Wolf when you like MMY so much. Anyway since you apparently also read light novels, try those for S&W as well. I've read up to volume 5 of the official english ones and the anime only covers volumes 1-3, 5 and will probably never get another season. I think the light novels are vastly superior to the anime though Ami Koshimizu's voice and the soundtrack are nice additions. So just keep your LN high going and proceed to S&W afterwards :p
I may be like this right now, but I actually didn't associate with anything related to anime or manga between 2006 and 2009 before coming to this thread (aside from OP, HxH and Ippo). As a general rule, anything that came out during that period and I never mentioned/posted impressions about it here, I likely know nothing about (if I even know it exists).

I vastly prefer a visual medium to text though so I doubt I'll go the LN route, unless I have no choice. Even when Campione's anime was so lacking compared to the LN, I wouldn't have switched if only the anime continued. It could have been so amazing with better treatment :(

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I for whatever reason lost interest in spice and wolf during the city escaping arc (Or at least I think there's a city escaping arc? It's been awhile).

Did it continue from there?

Are you saying you did it just for the tag?

I had a goal set of reaching 100 at the end of my vacation, I didn't realise reaching that goal would also get me a tag. :p

I think it's Kagari.

Yeah Kagari did, after I posted my compilation of 100 avatars. ^^

I don't recall mods having the power to give out tags. Only admins.

They can't, but they can ask an admin to do it if it's deserved I think.

I may be like this right now, but I actually didn't associate with anything related to anime or manga between 2006 and 2009 before coming to this thread (aside from OP, HxH and Ippo). As a general rule, anything that came out during that period and I never mentioned/posted impressions about it here, I likely know nothing about (if I even know it exists).

I vastly prefer a visual medium to text though so I doubt I'll go the LN route, unless I have no choice. Even when Campione's anime was so lacking compared to the LN, I wouldn't have switched if only the anime continued. It could have been so amazing with better treatment :(

Were not getting a campione! sequel? everything is still unresolved?

Pajama na Kanojo 1-26 (END)

The vast majority of this was terrible, but once it starting flailing around on its deathbed I began enjoying it. There's something surprisingly entertaining about watching a series desperately trying to claw back its audience and failing; i.e. new elements being introduced in quick succession or suddenly gaining prominence (including best girl) only to go nowhere, dramatic events appearing out of thin air and being handled in half the pages they'd usually have/need, the MC finally becoming less of an indecisive waste of space, etc.

It was still a bad read though.

scy

Somehow despite all these smutgaf recommendations I ended up reading Horimiya. Damn, this is good shoujo (I think)! I want to see an anime adaptation as good as Tonari no Koibutsu-kun!

All hail the pixel king !

Horimiya 1
Manga ! The only medium where characters don't recognize each other when they change hairstyles !
Selected part : Miyamura has very long lower eyelashes...

More people reading Horimiya makes me very, very happy.

Very.

Is it me or it really looks like Sumomomo Momomo and Magi at moments drawings-wise ?

Some of the Horimiya reactions are similar to Magi reactions, I find.

All those avatars are absolutely brilliant. The tag is well-deserved, amazing job.

Anyway, I'm new here and I have a question. I really like Junji Ito's work and I would like some recommendations on horror manga. What other artists are out there similar to Ito? Cheers.

All those avatars are absolutely brilliant. The tag is well-deserved, amazing job.

Anyway, I'm new here and I have a question. I really like Junji Ito's work and I would like some recommendations on horror manga. What other artists are out there similar to Ito? Cheers.

I don't know how similar you'd consider it, but I really enjoyed Franken Frann.

/edit

And thanks everyone!

People say Ito is just a Kazuo Umezu-wannabe. Not sure if I agree with that, but you might like his works. Just know that he is legitimately and probably legally insane.

Also, CONGRATS NEORICE!

AK1xW.png

Loveless vol 3 (chp 6 - 13)

Good color pages again, nice for Viz to keep doing that. Ritsuka in all the various outfits never get old. For him I liked the developments there with Septimal Moon and wonder how it plays out. What was Seimei's role and why killed off, v4 needs to answer. The fluffy moment with Soubi and Ritsuka was nice, that kiss and what not. Still need to read all the bonus material but still a good volume

Minamoto-kun Monogatari 2 - 13
tumblr_mgiz4jnVfi1qbxqfpo1_500.png

He occasionally has really nice panels. Though I, kind of feel sorry for him and all these situations though a bit kind of annoyed since he misses all the opportunities. The aunt is just plain weird and suggesting these things makes her really creepy. Almost got exciting for a moment when it was like she was moving in to take his pants and such off, almost made the dull moment she took her panty off worthwhile. Otherwise this journey to see if he can overcome being shy and timid is still somewhat interesting even with the awful/awkward fanservice moments with the cousin (the whole moment when she spilled the soda on herself and under her skirt could be seen and what not was really dumb) and worst her reactions when he held her hand, etc...Why so confused. The idea to sex with the cousin was just weird too. Though where did the best friend go?

Nanatsu No Taizai 1
Hmmm what is this sympathetic looking series ? Hmm ? The drawings really make me think of something. Huh ? Nakaba Suzuki is a popular author ? Who's that ?
Wikipédia said:
Works :
Rising Impact (ライジングインパクト?) (1998–2002) (Weekly Shōnen Jump)
Ultra Red (2002–2003) (Weekly Shōnen Jump)
Boku to Kimi no Aida Ni (僕と君の間に?) (2004–2006) (Ultra Jump)
Blizzard Axel (ブリザードアクセル?) (2005–2007) (Shōnen Sunday)
Kongō Banchō (金剛番長?) (2007–2010) (Shōnen Sunday)
Nanatsu no Taizai

OW YEAH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom