• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
7 Seeds 25-26

It was obvious that the guy was Aramaki. Still, seeing him, Fubuki and Mitsuru again was nice. I guess I can't blame Summer B for being suspicious, after what happened with Autunm, but trying to sneak away was kind of shitty. I wish Natsu would grow some balls, she clearly felt sorry for him. And Aramaki should've slapped some sense into Arashi, he's getting pathetic. "Wa wa what's the point if I can't be with my loved one wa wa". Hey asshole, you're not alone.

Aramaki kept talking about getting rejected, so when he met Hana, my hopes of her and Arashi being further apart were kinda crushed. I don't want them to meet so soon. A bigger time gap, is that too much to ask for?

Him and hanna trying to see each other is a necessary through-line for a lot of the plot for both teams, so I don't really see the point of making their timelines further apart.

Also,
they haven't met, not even now in the current storyline, so you have nothing to worry about.

Kreed

Shingeki no Kyojin 41:

Really disappointing ending considering how intense that battle was. I'm used to "last minute saves" in other mangas but I honestly expect better from this series. But of course we need "answers" from Ymir so she couldn't die but they could have just had everyone escape with a weakened Ymir in human form. And what the hell happened to the hairy smart Titan (snuck off into the night to fight another day I guess).

Silver Spoon 63:

This series is not good at artificial drama. Everything else about this chapter was on point though.

Until Death Do Us Part 144-146:

Nice turn around with Genie after the Zelm letting Mamoru live BS chapters ago and Zelm losing with little to no effort. I wasn't expecting Genie to actually have fighting abilities, and Mamoru making a deal with Genie was a nice twist. They are definitely setting up the Black Unit working with Mamoru and friends in the future, at least with Zelm (once he gets his robot arm).

Him and hanna trying to see each other is a necessary through-line for a lot of the plot for both teams, so I don't really see the point of making their timelines further apart.

Also,
they haven't met, not even now in the current storyline, so you have nothing to worry about.

I hope it won't start to feel like a cheap rom com, where the two always miss each other by few hours. Not that I think it will happen.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nah, they both move on in their own ways while still maintaining that through-line of wanting to see each other.

This series does character development much better than a lot of other mangas.

Prison School

I don't know, it's kind of hard to care when I know they're definitely not going to get kicked out for good, and we're going to have to go through a whole song-and-dance so that they can be saved, and we're going to have to wait forever for each new chapter and whine whine whine whine.

Shingeki no Kyojin

I was thinking Ymir was dead after last chapter. Surprised that everyone survived, seems like we're gonna start getting answers pretty soon.

AYS

Neo Member
Prison School 53

How many more chapters till the pres' sister saves the day?

7 seeds 1-22

Besides the frustrating separated lovers and spineless first MC,this is a great series.
I like how it's shown how differently the Winter and Autumn groups ended up.

suzu

Shingeki no Kyoujin 41

Pretty intense chapter. Scouting legion to the rescue! Hope we get some answers about titans soon (lol).

Silver Spoon 63

:(

TWGOK

icTma9aVvhGYf.jpg

I laughed way too hard at this.

Even he knows he is in a shitty arc!

Onii Chan has to turn this World into a world he only knows :|

This was a good manga 30 chapters ago :(

I was going to ignore TWGOK but forgot all about my ALL MANGA READER chrome attachment being a stalker

Bossun

Fairy Tail
Mah, like usual, crap.

Prison school
It was fun, now I think it's a bit too much, or not enough. But it tries to be a bit realistic while on the other hand it has a bunch of crazy girls using violence, irrational behavior and unlimited budget to bully guys with no repercussions.
The hate for "pervert guys" while one of them is walking with her nipples and "lips" out in the open is also ridiculous.

HSDK
Look!!! Nothing! and tits..

Silver Spoon
Nooo Komaba....
Anyway I hope Ayame becomes a regular characters. She's so fun!

Karate Minoru
Minoru is extremly calm. I guess that's good sign. I'd like to see him dominate in this tournament.

Shibatora
This manga really makes me think of Ikebukuro west gate park.

TWGOK
Damn can't get past the radical genre shift. We went from kissing girls to saving the world and people getting cut in two. Nice.

Shingeki no Kyoujin
I have some trouble differenciating and remembering the characters in this manga...

dumbyugi

Haruwaka

It was funny at times but ultimately forgettable.

The female twin with shorter hair had a cool design though.

Anyway, someone from Smutgaf recommend me stuff.

Yarisugi Companion to Atashi Monogatari
Tama Hiyori
Itoshi no Kana
Iinari! Aibration
Henkoi!
Conveni-N
Ane Comi
Blade Play
Koe de Oshigoto!
Sore ga Kanojo no Seigi nara
Nana to Kaoru
SS Sisters
Kiss x Sis
Gou-Dere Bishoujo Nagihara Sora
Nyotai-ka
Oniichan Control
Saikin, Imouto no Yousu ga Chotto Okashii n da ga.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Fairy Tail 314

Didn't expect her to be related to Simon at all. Like the fight so far, but the power of friendship will likely prevail next chapter.

wonzo

Banned
Haruwaka

It was funny at times but ultimately forgettable.

The female twin with shorter hair had a cool design though.

Anyway, someone from Smutgaf recommend me stuff.
Kanojo wa Sore o Gaman Dekinai manages to cram so many fetishes into it especially in the last few chapters that it is a MUST READ.

Me and the Devil Blues

Overall pretty good, this guy has a pretty solid understanding of composition but the story is kind of funky. Weak beginning and some stuff is a little cartoonier than it needs to be.

Jintor

Excellent, thank you manGAF. Though I read Kimi wa Midara na Boku no Joou today, too! It was good, but short.

I finished Girl Friends again. I never in my life thought I would actually hold and read a physical copy of that manga. God damn, it's so good.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Koimoku

It shares a similar premise to Bakuman but the art is sort of inconsistent and the MC is very Im Dal Young. It's still alright though. Sayaka-chan is best girl

Kimi wa Midara na Boku no Joou

Good Smut is good.

I think I need to read those in a little bit.

Finally started reading Berserk in Japanese. Man, these first ten volumes are so goddamn good. I've never been a fan of this kind of fantasy, but I'm falling in love with this series all over again.

Also, where the heck is everyone getting these awesome pixel art avatars? o_o

stryke

Finally started reading Berserk in Japanese. Man, these first ten volumes are so goddamn good. I've never been a fan of this kind of fantasy, but I'm falling in love with this series all over again.

I sometimes regret ever reading it. It is a manga I fear that will not finish within the lifespan of the mangaka :S

Also, where the heck is everyone getting these awesome pixel art avatars? o_o

It is only for those deemed worthy by Neoriceisgod.

I sometimes regret ever reading it. It is a manga I fear that will not finish within the lifespan of the mangaka :S

Yeah, but I figure it's too good to not read through regardless! I'd only ever read till the end of the golden age arc, so it feels good to start over from the beginning again and go all the way.

It is only for those deemed worthy by Neoriceisgod.

Woh. Neoriceisgod, you have some ridiculous skills. Major props. =0

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
"I'm in a manga slump. Recommend me some good reads, guys. Maybe something newer?"

Nanatsu no Taizai

Oh god... Gantz... don't even remind me of that thing.

It really isn't like Gantz beyond some conceptual similarities. Things play out completely differently. It's a solid series, so you should check it out, or at least the first few chapters.

Also, have you read Shingeki no Kyojin? It's good.

Shouta

AKB49 - Ch. 114-115

Goddamn precocious 14-year-olds. Also, lol Love Hurricane.

This chapter was like the Floor 200 of Heaven's Arena from HxH for AKB49, I couldn't help but laugh.

Jintor

Somehow despite all these smutgaf recommendations I ended up reading Horimiya. Damn, this is good shoujo (I think)! I want to see an anime adaptation as good as Tonari no Koibutsu-kun!

Soma

Somehow despite all these smutgaf recommendations I ended up reading Horimiya. Damn, this is good shoujo (I think)! I want to see an anime adaptation as good as Tonari no Koibutsu-kun!

Definitely one of my favorite recent series.

Apparently there's a single 20+ minute OVA out there but I haven't been able to watch it.

dumbyugi

I actually think it's a seinen. I think I heard that there's an OVA, but I've never come across it.

Jintor

I'm caught up on Horimiya and now I'm sad

Maybe I'll watch more Birdy the Mighty: Decode... or just read those those other ero manga

Prunus Girl 40

5mj5c.png

LONG LIVE SANTA. Your death will not be forgotten.

A very coupley chapter. Kana and Shion were perfect for each-other as usual, Ken and Kei were weird as usual, Asami and Non were neglected as usual.

More importantly, this is the closest that the main duo have seemed to progress in their relationship since, well, probably ever. The Christmas party story could've just ended with Maki offering to take Aikawa home without actually showing it, but the last 2 pages imply that they're building up to something. Which worries me a bit, since when something does happen between them this series likely won't have long to live.

Kiryu

Anyone read Fairy Tail.

Do you guys think Erza will still win the battle? Author's "Blood Slashing" at the end is going to trick me but I am not falling for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom