• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Hen Zemi 1-4

henzemi4.png

I was kinda surprised how very few chapters of this had been translated due to just how perverted it is and yet I can kinda understand why at the same time. Funny that.

I thought Gantz being awful was pretty non-controversial.
Hmm, true. I think the word I was looking for was "notorious". :<

Time for some catch up.

TWGOK 210-215

Keima swapped bodies with his kid self huh? Pretty funny and cute. Hoping to see what Yui does with young Keima. Wonder how Keima will save grandpa.

a side story they don't need to revisit since it would waste maybe two chapters without moving this crappy arc forward, another 6 months on this arc would kill the manga for me :(

Jintor

Sasameki Koto

I wait a whole goddamn year and it's not finished yet? LIFE ISN'T FAIR. I guess Vol 9 has been out since Jan, waiting on a full release I guess...

Anyway! This manga is great, probably one of the few series out there (that I've read) that actually addresses the socially-awkward non-accepted nature of being a lesbian while still growing up, alongside your standard high school drama things. The primary two characters are incredibly well developed, but unfortunately I think a lot of the side characters fall into caricature status (in the same way a lot of situations get exaggerated for plot purposes, e.g. the student council elections). But the will-they-won't-they of the main two characters is... man. Glorious.

Ahhhhhh finish the manga already goddamnit

one day I'll watch the anime and see if that's any good

Puchitto hajiketa 2
tumblr_mgka9dLk6F1rqksppo1_r1_500.png

Ashitaka should ultimately just go for Nonshiro instead of finding someone else at this bar since he already had the scene in the previous chapter at the apartment, the morning scene, and even now another scene again at the apartment. If ones already doing it all, might as well officially get back together. Though the random in this chapter had potential, so I felt sorry for him when Non swooped in to take Ashitaka, causing the random to leave since Ash was taken :( Good character art.

K - Loveless Lovers

Expanding on the Reishi and Mikoto forest scene was good and delivered for that one moment better than the tease from the anime. At the end though, at least started to get me to entertain the idea of a sequel for the franchise with Reishi somehow having both Homra and Scepter4.

Zeppu

Just had a look at neorice's full sheet (which should've been linked by the tag) and Oh shiiii.. there's two sanjis! Has anyone taken the other one?

upandaway

Ahh ok, so we're doing impressions here I guess? instead of... you know... there?

Oh wait, you're reading the LNs in the original language? *claps* Maybe I will learn to read one day. But today won't be that day
I do read some stuff with something that puts in auto furigana, but lol no. The only kanji I know is sensei. Campione has like 11 volumes translated, I'm in v1.

I literally don't know what "there" you're talking about.
considering I loved it, I'm willing to bet the reaction there was mostly indifference

AKB49

I once went through this upside-down rank callings where I kept not getting called. It was so stressful. It's one of the craziest feelings because you just don't know and it keeps moving in the background and oh my god.

The old man is honestly way too off putting for me. Bakuman never had that kind of "obsessive fan" and for good reason, it's not endearing at all, it's just.. not.

Baby Steps 152

Oh man oh man oh man oh man. Oh man.

Oh man.

I wouldnt keep buying the dvds, movies, volumes, and games if I didnt like it.I dont think I have many solid criticsms against the series beyond minor things, still rank the series highly in the context of the hundreds plus manga I read.

You have a point. Naruto, as bad as some of its lows are, still remains to be one of the best in shounen.

....which isn't saying much anyway.

upandaway

There is Magi this week, I think it gets color pages next week too

Unrelated but I swear Fukuchi is like the Togashi of Shonen Sunday. Stop with your breaks already argh!

Tower of God S2 47

Koon is still OP, love his character. Some more conspiracies going on looks like next chapter might be a big one.

LOL if Cassano is dead after 1 chapter.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Am I the only one left that actually still likes Naruto, even though much less than during part 1?

I find them familiar, if anything. I don't have a legitimate problem with either Bleach or Naruto, although I recognize that if I were starting a series now at my age, I probably wouldn't bother. People get hyperbolic on the Big Three just so they can act like they have strong opinions.

Skyhigh: Karma 1-21 (END)

Fantastic stuff. This is the second of the 4 Skyhigh mangas, which basically revolve around a variety of dead people choosing whether to be reborn (lol), to wander earth as a ghost (lol) or to kill one person and spend an eternity in hell (DING DING DING).

Unlike Skyhigh 1, which was episodic, this was one continuous story (the daughter of a famous singer is cursed and fucking deals with it). I usually prefer an episodic format for these kinds of series, but focusing entirely on one storyline/cast actually made for a much more engaging and moving ride, with the ending really blowing me away.

For some reason Skyhigh 4 is fully translated but 3 isn't, so I'll have to wait before continuing on with the sequels.

Fantastic stuff. This is the second of the 4 Skyhigh mangas, which basically revolve around a variety of dead people choosing whether to be reborn (lol), to wander earth as a ghost (lol) or to kill one person and spend an eternity in hell (DING DING DING).
For some reason I laughed at your description.

Thus I may read this.

Popstar

Berserk 333
I have no idea who this character with the crossbow is. I should probably know but it's likely been half a decade since he's appeared.

Does no one else think it was decent up until the retarded invasion arc we're in the midst of?... Maybe it was just the fact that I could marathon up to that point.

I loved Gantz during that long string of character development with Kurono and the sense of camaraderie with his new team after everyone else died.

Then it pretty much became nonsense, but I still like it and the art.

Chouritsu Houmuru Zyklus;Code 2
Art is nice at times especially the whole empty skeletal orchestra house scene and one other part around there. However its sometimes hard to figure out or follow whats happening. At the very least, I like some of the instruments, the one the lady hand was nice but I didnt like that she had him on a leash of sorts. For the main characters, I like the sound of organs, though its a bit unfortunate that she was thrown away since broken and even worst now he wont even play her.

I loved Gantz during that long string of character development with Kurono and the sense of camaraderie with his new team after everyone else died.

Then it pretty much became nonsense, but I still like it and the art.

Yeah, Gantz was really solid during that part. I love how it went from an absolute low point to ...holy crap this is actually reaching places!

flawfuls

Unlike Skyhigh 1, which was episodic, this was one continuous story (the daughter of a famous singer is cursed and fucking deals with it). I usually prefer an episodic format for these kinds of series, but focusing entirely on one storyline/cast actually made for a much more engaging and moving ride, with the ending really blowing me away.

For some reason Skyhigh 4 is fully translated but 3 isn't, so I'll have to wait before continuing on with the sequels.

You don't have to read it in order. Series 3 and 4 are just self contained stories like the first series.

Anitsuu! 2
tumblr_mgkwxcLShI1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Another chapter and another new brother focus. Aki was kind of a good character in the first chapter, but I didnt think he end up being the type to make others follow under him as subordinates and what not, and how he ended up treating Takara was just unacceptable, no way to force him to act as a gofer, but at least he did end up telling him to do his own schoolwork etc. Liked how it all ended up being a misunderstanding so wonder how a relationship will go from there and then with the second youngest. Good arts and nice comedy, hand grab was also pleasant.

789shadow

Banned
I always wonder why Bleach and Naruto seem to be the only series that attract my non nerdy (well, relatively speaking) friends.
They're designed solely to appeal to elementary and middle schoolers (Naruto) and high schoolers desperate for it to be cool (Bleach).

upandaway

does it have any feels? it looks like it'll have some at least
If I know you right, then there's at least one route that will definitely give you the feels that you covet. Two other routes too probably/maybe, and I still have one left myself I know nothing about (planning on finishing this week).

If you got a good end, resist your completionist impulses and ignore the bad end (inside the routes. act 1 bad ends are kosher). They just make you feel bad and have nothing of interest.

If I know you right, then there's at least one route that will definitely give you the feels that you covet. Two other routes too probably/maybe, and I still have one left myself I know nothing about (planning on finishing this week).

If you got a good end, resist your completionist impulses and ignore the bad end (inside the routes. act 1 bad ends are kosher). They just make you feel bad and have nothing of interest.

I like bad feels as much as good feels but bad feel endings can shatter me. I will proceed with caution, thanks for the warning.

I just downloaded Katawa Shoujo...

wat.
Hanako > not Hanako. As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be.

You don't have to read it in order. Series 3 and 4 are just self contained stories like the first series.
If they're anything like the first 2 series you'd lose little details surrounding the Izuko 'handovers' by reading them out of order, so I'd rather wait for 3 first. I'm sure they'd still be perfectly readable, but I want to milk every drop of enjoyment from them that I can.

upandaway

I like bad feels as much as good feels but bad feel endings can shatter me. I will proceed with caution, thanks for the warning.
Yeah I know you do, that's why when I say they hold nothing of interest I mean precisely that. It just makes you feel bad, with a taste of indifference. I'd explain why but I won't. (sike)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom