• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akito

Wandering Island

ibjhcACjWQmhTR.jpg

Nice little adventure manga about a young girl who wants to find a mysterious and moving island from a legend. Being a Kenji Tsurata manga, the art is fantastic and gives you an authentic vibe of summer, sea and old-school biplanes.

We don't need the big three for that. Saying how Ayumi is the worst should be sufficient.

It's not just about having a fight though.

The Big 3 debate doesn't just bring out a regular fight, it brings out superpowered clowns from all across the globe to duke it out with their own stupendous argumentation-superpowers. (Ranging from ignoring all criticism, excessive hyperbole and flat out breathing fire.)

No Ayumi debate can bring this type of hotblooded action to the thread!

image.php

Rin's fucking awesome okay

It was just really surprising

A transliteration of the title is "Cripple Girls." It's burn victim chick, no arms chick, no legs chick, blind chick and deaf chick. There's also a guy, but you can't (really) take that route.

Yea checked it out some more and that concept is very interesting to say the least

It's not just about having a fight though.

The Big 3 debate doesn't just bring out a regular fight, it brings out superpowered clowns from all across the globe to duke it out with their own stupendous argumentation-superpowers. (Ranging from ignoring all criticism, excessive hyperbole and flat out breathing fire.)

No Ayumi debate can bring this type of hotblooded action to the thread!

Indeed.

Some next level shit happens during big 3 stuff that makes the waifu "war" pale in comparision

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yea checked it out some more and that concept is very interesting to say the least

Its not as exploitative as it sounds, although as I said, your character can and does have fairly graphic sex with them in their routes (which is bog standard for VNs but rather jarring to English players). I'm not really a huge fan of the VN genre though, to be honest. There's not really much gameplay involved and the choices you make are pretty vague as to what you will end up doing/saying/expected outcome.

Its not as exploitative as it sounds, although as I said, your character can and does have fairly graphic sex with them in their routes (which is bog standard for VNs but rather jarring to English players). I'm not really a huge fan of the VN genre though, to be honest. There's not really much gameplay involved and the choices you make are pretty vague as to what you will end up doing/saying/expected outcome.

I get the whole VN thing and the stuff that can happen, its just i was suprised seeing the story concept being this
(mostly everyone with a particular disability, even the MC)

As for VN as a genre i usually treat it as some programming thing (note/save the forks then do some permutations until i get everything) and the fast forward button is my best friend

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
GAMARAN

Old people always die in Shounens. This, Naruto, One Piece, Bleach... I can't seem to remember the last time I've seen significant old character live through an action manga to the end. This is getting... old.

AKB49

God forgive me I really really enjoy this thing.

Mahou Shoujo Neko X

A 2 volume heartwarming series about animal-people and their inability to be recognized as actual people. At least that's what it would be about if the author gave any attention at all to the fact they're essentially slaves, but ah well, it's a series with an asshole sadist main character and an abused cat-girl, among.... other things.

I will give it props for having the ONLY seal-girl in existence. Other than that though, this is offensive as hell and just plain shitty.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
it's fine as long as you don't turn into this

akb49104a.png

Hahaha.

Well, to be fair, I see it as no different than when people queuing in the night to get the first copy of their favorite video games or when people spend thousands of dollars to set-up their video game room (as can be seen even here in GAF in that show-off video game set-up thread)

Haikyuu!! 36

Yamaguchi wanting to get play time, I hope he does play and learned the move. Was funny when Shimizu spoke and Tsuki, Hinata, Yamaguchi, and Kageyama were the only ones not sobbing.

Iro Hada (one shot)

Interesting story for the one that works as a prostitute and one that he meets. For the one seeking services it interesting how things developed once he discovered the one he was planning to hook up with ended up with someone much younger. Mixed on the ending as it did a time skip but then its sad for him as he didnt get what he wanted though at least the one that was working got to get out of his situation.

Love and Action (one shot)

Good quick read for an actor and a stuntman and a budding relationship, funny end.

Eros in the Stoic (one shot)
Shortest manga ever at only two pages...

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Well that happened.

Pack it up folks, we're done here.

Unfortunately, I have no recollection of who drew that and what I got banned for that resulted in that comic being drawn.

Veil of Rain (one shot)
Misunderstandings of a confession in a rain, thoughts of classmates, and looking better with rain soaked hair dripping, good character design and endings moments. Kind of wish there was more, but it was a one shot.

Shouta

Just saw the RAW for AKB49 105.

What's wrong with me >___>

And chapter 106, 107, 108, all the way to 116. What's wrong with me <_____<

Uh, nothing? AKB49 is actually a pretty good manga despite the topic being kinda stupid.

Oh shit

AKB49 - CH 116

So awesome. Manly (girly?) tears come flowing.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
AKB 49 1-3

So he started cross dressing to help this girl he likes to get into AKB? Definitely interesting so far. Nice art too.

stryke

Berserk 333

It's moving at the same pace as your regular shonen manga. Only difference is you just have to wait for months instead of a week.

I know it's the detail that really sells the gritty-ness of the story, but I think there's needs to be a compromise to achieve more chapters on a regular basis.

Kincaido

AKB 49 14-18

Woah, didn't expect Okabe to show up and save the day. Also, Takamina <3

The best girl.

Was, is, and always will be.

I agree. She's already my favorite.

bItB7.jpg

EBhf4.jpg

If only she knew the truth. Hope she finds out and something good happens between them.

dumbyugi

Those who Chase the Ageha END

This ended pretty much how I predicted it would after the previous chapter. My only complaint about the ending is that Ageha and Kyosuke don't meet up. I would assume they do at some point but it would have been nice to see. I thought this was an entertaining series with a good cast of characters and some alright art. 8/10

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
AKB 49 14-18

Woah, didn't expect Okabe to show up and save the day. Also, Takamina <3

I agree. She's already my favorite.

bItB7.jpg

EBhf4.jpg

If only she knew the truth. Hope she finds out and something good happens between them.

It's impossible considering how dedicated the main is to Hiroko.

But I still stand that Takamina >>>>>>> Hiroko in a great deal of magnitudes.

Kincaido

AKB 49 19-32

Glad they seem to have reached their goal. Too bad Hiroko collapsed. Gotta love the AKB members covering for them before Minoru/Minori returns.

It's impossible considering how dedicated the main is to Hiroko.

But I still stand that Takamina >>>>>>> Hiroko in a great deal of magnitudes.

Yeah, he's really devoted to her and I don't see that changing. At least she's kinda likeable. Takamina best <3

wonzo

Banned
picked up these with the 4th volume on the way later this month

killingtrees3.jpg

The Seven Deadly Sins 1-5

This is pretty great so far. A pretty interest premise fleshed out with some nice characters, great art and all dat light ecchi!

Magi 169

Man, Reim just owned the hell out of those Magnostadt scrubs with the power of chemistry. I'm guessing this is gonna go back and forth between the two nations until either the Reim Fanalis finally get involved, Alibaba and his haremcircus arrives, the Kou Empire strike, Mor comes in and saves the day, Aladdin pulls something and/or all of the above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom