• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jump Issue #8 TOC

Naruto (Cover, Lead CP)
One Piece
Assassination Classroom
Kuroko no Basket
Toriko
Shokugeki no Souma
Bleach (Center Color)
Sket Dance
Nisekoi
Haikyuu!!
PSI Kusuo Saiki
Aruberi to Aware na Akumatsuki / Yōichi Amano (Center Color, Oneshot, 47 pg.)
Gintama
Hungry Joker
Retsu!! Date-Senpai
Beelzebub
Rookie Policewoman Kiruko-san (First Ranking)
Kochikame
Medaka Box
Cross Manage
Kurogane

Thankfully Hungry Joker isn't at the bottom. Figured Kiruko san wasnt that good. I guess next week is Soumas turn.

One Piece
Toy makers going to be happy and Franky crazy powerful that to his mecha.
Nice tag team action and the SH beating those guys easy .
Now to see who this new person is .
Also i never tired of seeing people reaction to the mecha.

Steroyd

One Piece

Ussop and Nami are so reliable when enemies are wounded, far away, lost the will to fight and have their backs turned.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Basara c29-30

Really surprising turn of events for shuri, but I can't wait for his very probable meeting with sasara.

Again fuck asagi.

Kurita

One Piece

That was great.
Love how the girls don't give a shit about Franky haha. Great tag team move by Usopp and Nami.

AYS

Neo Member
7 seeds

Finally caught up. What do I do with all these feels? This latest arc really drives home the difference between present and past ecosystems, and also furthers the lovers apart bad end possibility.

Is Gokusen a good light hearted manga? Cause I really don't want another sad one right now.

7 seeds

Finally caught up. What do I do with all these feels? This latest arc really drives home the difference between present and past ecosystems, and also furthers the lovers apart bad end possibility.

Is gokusen a good light hearted manga? Cause I really don't want another sad one right now.

Well gokusen is a comedy more than anything else so you don't have to worry about being sad when you read it .
Also if you do plan to read it make sure you read the extra chapter which is the full end for the series .
Some sites don't have it .

IHaveIce

Banned
One Piece

Interesting, so Usopp has seastone handcuffs for shooting.. quite useful in the new world I think.

Guy in the last panel probably Aokij? Could it be?

edit: nah don't think it is Aokij by seeing the outlines of his face again.

Akito

Is Gokusen a good light hearted manga? Cause I really don't want another sad one right now.
It's funny more than anything else since it's basically GTO with a yakuza female teacher as the main lead instead of Onizuka.

One Piece
Silly girls, how can you not like robots and a huge one to boost. It was nice to see Usopp and Nami doing some ass kicking and everyone united now. The shadowy figure at the end sure has a weird silhouette, does not really look like Aokiji.

IHaveIce

Banned
Also some random thoughts about One Piece:

Law got told the "Heart seat" is still for him.. what does this mean? Could it be that Joker/Flamingo's organization works like a card set? And he is the Joker? But who is the King, the old man we saw in the chapter where DonFlamingo leaves?

And again on the mysterious person on the last panel, so he sits on a giant bird's head?
The question is do we need another character right now, I have the feeling this arc is already full with characters, especially if DonFlamingo arrives in a couple of chapters.

Akito

Also some random thoughts about One Piece:

Law got told the "Heart seat" is still for him.. what does this mean? Could it be that Joker/Flamingo's organization works like a card set? And he is the Joker? But who is the King, the old man we saw in the chapter where DonFlamingo leaves?

And again on the mysterious person on the last panel, so he sits on a giant bird's head?
The question is do we need another character right now, I have the feeling this arc is already full with characters, especially if DonFlamingo arrives in a couple of chapters.
I would postpone any speculations about some translated terms until we get a decent translation, you can never trust those panda guys. But I agree about the shadowy dude, I hope it's someone we already knew because someone new would be overkill.

tri_willy

One Piece

Interesting, so Usopp has seastone handcuffs for shooting.. quite useful in the new world I think.

Guy in the last panel probably Aokij? Could it be?

edit: nah don't think it is Aokij by seeing the outlines of his face again.

the next strawhat??? or an ally???

I'm guessing either Aokiji or Mihawk.

manGAF bets anyone?

Kusagari

Naruto

The most interesting part of this chapter was Sauce walking around.

One Piece

Great chapter. Good to see Usopp and Nami doing stuff. I'm not sure if I like Baby 5 and Buffalo going out so easily, but I guess Doflamingo must have better fighters back at Dressrosa. As for the guy at the end, I'm going to say it's Mihawk.

Qurupeke

One Piece

Nice chapter, even thought I wanted to see Dofla... I think everyone in luffy's crew is far stronger now. And I still don't trust Law. He seems to suspicious. Also, could this silhouette be the Heart Pirates?

Bleach

I and a lot of people called that Unohana was with Yamamoto posse a 1000 years ago, and the one shown in that pic. The translations are so damn awful.

Oh yeah, it was Unohana who gave Kenpachi the scare on his face.

Oh yeah I was wondering what were those things Ichigo was battling and they reminded of something.

They are like the tool Urahara used to accelerate Ichigo chain corrosion in the hole when he needed to recover his shinigami powers.

Kusagari

Bleach

dat unnerving Unohana face. Going off the crappy translation it sounds like she gave Kenpachi his scar and he gave her that scar on her neck.

vareon

Bleach

`Zaraki/Unohana part is good. It's basically what we expected and Kubo delivered so far.
The blank Zanpakuto things seems too...plain. I get that it was meant to be blank anyway, though.

Bleach

With regards to one might die, i don´t think that it´s literally meant. It could mean that one of them will be a new person, (change in personality, character development, change of ideology) thus becoming a new person and the old one dies. At least that´s how i will interpreted for now.
whats more crazy than this upcoming fight between unohana & kenpachi is how fucking shrewd kyouraku is

That´s because Shunsui seem them as a threat to the peace of Soul Society. Besides it´s just something he said. I really doubt that one of them would die.

Akito

Buyuden 84
Oh Azuma, you're just too stupid for your own good.

Buyuden 85
Oh wow, one of the worst looking scanlation I've ever seen, it makes the regular releases look like some super high quality shit. Anyway, this will not end well, I hope Watari doesn't get himself involved as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom