• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

Its pretty awful and unfunny, an utter waste of time. Chuunibiyou thing could have been used way better.

ioD3LWEbDIlsp.gif

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I read a couple chapters of Evangelion last night. I hope Sadamoto gets better at drawing action scenes as the series goes on. The action was a bit hard to follow in the first few chapters.

He can do better, but I always really like his character art for some reason.

Medaka Box vol 8
pAk.jpg

I really dislike Kumagawa. He's an asshole without a reason to be one.
Shiranui is a little troll, but even then I can get to like her devilish side, especially when she makes such faces while saying she couldn't ever eat Zenkichi since he's so sweet he'd give hear tummy-ache.
Kumagawa though? I really can't stand the way he treats Zenkichi and Medaka.

I'm kinda split on the way the volume ended. On one hand it's cool to see Zenkichi go out like that and seeing Kumagawa seemingly weeping, but on the other hand I don't like Zenkichi possibly dieing.

Wait for it.

There's a reason why Kumagawa is one of my favourite Jump characters ever.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Probably not a good place to ask but maybe since a lot of you has played this before...

How's Katawa Shoujo? I just downloaded it and started playing for about 20 minutes before I got to work this morning. Want to hear impression and the official thread was dead already.

Kusagari

iy96P7ZfMwki.gif

Manly anime still exists in the heart.

Probably not a good place to ask but maybe since a lot of you has played this before...

How's Katawa Shoujo? I just downloaded it and started playing for about 20 minutes before I got to work this morning. Want to hear impression and the official thread was dead already.

It's way better than it has any right to be. My only nitpick with it is that some routes are clearly better written than others, which makes sense since they all had different writers.

Fox318

I really enjoyed it and I never thought I would.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I don't get people who self-ban... is it really that difficult to control yourself?

And it's not like being banned prevents you from wasting time in GAF anyways.........

Sad news. We need all the Boys on the Run readers we can get.

Hantsu x Torasshu 2-7

It gives more attention to the water polo side than I expected. I was thinking it was basically going to be straight up fan-service. It takes a truly talented author to merge them together so skillfully.

Haikyuu!! 37
tumblr_mgon5tsBaN1r9mx3qo1_500.png

Funny chapters though they cant believe everyone sees them as on the bottom, at least Nishinoya gets some recognition and Kageyama though I guess its mixed reaction to him. Hope the oddball combo as well as HinataSugawara gets action too. 38 cant wait.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I probably should have done a self ban for period before the Bar Exam but I didn't since I would just read GAF anyways. Instead I have the third most posts in the thread and its only third because I have less time.

bigkrev

I don't get people who self-ban... is it really that difficult to control yourself?

And it's not like being banned prevents you from wasting time in GAF anyways.........

If your trying to loose weight, you get the cupcakes out of your house. If you want to quit smoking, you throw out your tobacco.

If your addicted to posting on a message board, asking for a ban seems like a good way to kick the habit.

Soul Eater

It´s very good to see Maka/Spirit combo. It´s very powerful and the explanation about parents/child bond is good. I want the rest of Spartoi to fight Kishin as well.. Kilik, Jackie, and Ox to fight as well. I really want to see them go all out. It´s been very long since we i have seen them go all out. I hope they make another anime of this.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Basara vol1-8

Been going through basara, and boy it could not have been a more different manga compared to 7 seeds. Not that it makes it bad, in fact I think it's pretty good, but it wasn't what I expected.

It's so fast paced compared to 7 seeds. Where 7 seeds focuses a lot on the slow-boiling character drama, this is a really fast paced drama about a weird fantasy alternate japan. I think 7 seeds is a better manga, but they are so fundamentally different that I'm pretty impressed that the author came up with 7 seeds after this.

Also man, I fucking hate asagi, so that probably means he's a good villian. :p

7 Seeds and Basara aren't as different as you think. 7 Seeds is obviously better but Basara uses a lot of the same storytelling techniques. Basara just leans towards shojo and 7 Seeds towards Josei while also being the latter work which is an advantage.

Jintor

KS is excellent. Inconsistent between routes though, but mostly extremely positive for a free game made by, essentially, a doujin circle

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Wahahahaha~!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
7 Seeds and Basara aren't as different as you think. 7 Seeds is obviously better but Basara uses a lot of the same storytelling techniques. Basara just leans towards shojo and 7 Seeds towards Josei while also being the latter work which is an advantage.

I dunno man, maybe it's just the setting throwing me off, but I feel the stories are pretty different. Obviously there are some hallmarks to the writing which makes me recognize her style, like how she really likes to create these intricate character relationships, but this is a lot more epic, whereas I feel 7 seeds goes down to the nitty gritty.

I mean, obviously they're trying to tell different stories, I was just really surprised by it.

Posts hinting at some crazy ass shit

:O :O

Nicolas%20Cage%20trying%20not%20to%20laugh.gif

b54vI.png

Steins;Gate PSP, New Love Plus, and I got no idea what the Vita game is.

Could be a Dream club game?

wonzo

Banned
Banana Bread Pudding 1-5 END

"Now that Ira's older sister is getting married, who will take her to the bathroom after 10 p.m. and sing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" outside the bathroom door in order to protect her from the beautiful, androgynous, child-eating clown? Will marrying a closeted gay man help?

Considered by many fans to be Ooshima's best work."

When dresden brought this up last night, I thought there was no way it would actually live up to that description...

I WAS SO WRONG!

read this incredible work asap or forever be haunted by the androgynous clown when taking a shit at night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom