• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

I always thought it was the shallow, pandering kind of displaying sexual stuff, basically what used to be (and partly still) referred to as ecchi but a step further? By your definition Molester Man would be smut, but I wouldn't classify it as such because it doesn't intend to arouse you but wants to tell a story. To me what the focus is on defines whether it is smut or not.

That's also the impression I got from the panels and descriptions of manga people called smut when this whole thing started.

Which is why I said we also have Smut;Gate/Smutterfly Effect. It's definitely not a Darkness scenario. Those kinds of reads make it kind of hard to just go with the ... well, obvious definition: It's smut.

I suppose the truth of the matter is that the label basically gets thrown to a lot of things where it doesn't really apply. For instance, despite the name, Smut;Gate/Smutterfly Effect (aka Ore ga Doutei o Sutetara Shinu Ken ni Tsuite) isn't really a pandering series.

Then there's the obvious cases cases (recently, Kimi wa Midara, for instance). So eh...

All of this reminds me, though, that I need to catch up on Nana to Kaoru. I'm not sure how that revelation occurred.

It's entirely plausible that they will never be able to solve the problem.

That could happen as well. A bit of a downer but, at the same time, "that's life."

Pyrokles

Neo Member
Talking about blood, I'm surprised to see Naruto was the worst out of the Big 3 this week. Really didn't see that coming.

I can't tell whether this is sarcasm or not anymore. It's between Bleach and Naruto being expected to be the worst by most, but as I'm not reading either I don't know if you're serious.

Which is why I said we also have Smut;Gate/Smutterfly Effect. It's definitely not a Darkness scenario. Those kinds of reads make it kind of hard to just go with the ... well, obvious definition: It's smut.

I suppose the truth of the matter is that the label basically gets thrown to a lot of things where it doesn't really apply. For instance, despite the name, Smut;Gate/Smutterfly Effect (aka Ore ga Doutei o Sutetara Shinu Ken ni Tsuite) isn't really a pandering series.

So it has become ubiquitous just like 'moe' or 'literally' :p

Good job, ManGAF!

Hello. I'm new around here.

I was wondering if anyone knows the name of a manga. It was a series of short stories. One in stuck with me was about a village of stuffed animals being killed off to feed an Eldritch abomination.

789shadow

Banned
So, reasons to believe that shadow figure is not Aokiji:
1. Shadow doesn't look like any of Aokiji's previous or known designs.

Reasons to believe it is Aokiji:
1. Able to walk/sleep on water
2. General laziness and personality.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
"Do it and I'll kill you!"
KuGsj.gif

Naruto

Naruto would have been much better as a samurai manga. Shikamaru was a boss like usual, Naruto spoke some sensible shit but it was garbage and awfully paced as usual.

Bleach

oh my gawd

that one page was awesome and finally a break from the boringness that was Ichigo x Reiji

One Piece

YYyLa.png

rofl, great chapter. nice seeing Usopp and Nami doing something. I wonder who that guy on the last panel was. I hope it's someone new.

Pyrokles

Neo Member
Nisekoi 42
Blushlines and reaction faces. In fact I think I'll only read it for the reaction faces from now on.

There's also lamenting Raku's stupidity and the occasional local waifu wars. This manga has so much to offer!

On a more serious note what else did you read it for before? I gave up all hope for anything besides the faces very early on.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Naruto

Naruto would have been much better as a samurai manga. Shikamaru was a boss like usual, Naruto spoke some sensible shit but it was garbage and awfully paced as usual.

Bleach

oh my gawd

that one page was awesome and finally a break from the boringness that was Ichigo x Reiji

One Piece

YYyLa.png

rofl, great chapter. nice seeing Usopp and Nami doing something. I wonder who that guy on the last panel was. I hope it's someone new.
Where does Nami keep her organs?

There's also lamenting Raku's stupidity and the occasional local waifu wars. This manga has so much to offer!

On a more serious note what else did you read it for before? I gave up all hope for anything besides the faces very early on.
To cure my boreness !
I enjoy reading Nisekoi.
It's not the worst manga I've read, but I'd have prefered the author to continue Double Arts instead of it though.

Bleach

Damn, that look. Pretty good chapter, would have been great if it had more overlapping between the Kenpachi's and Shinsui and less Ichigo/Renji.

One Piece

Good chapter. Nice to see Nami and Usopp do some work, hopefully we will get to see more of not just them but all the SH's that don't get much action. The Dead Silence panel was great.

Am I dumb for thinking the shadow could be Mihawk? Sort of looks like a sword on someones back and a hat. The sword hilt also looks like it could almost match up if a piece broke off somehow(Zoro).

Naruto

Thought it was an ok chapter. Highlights were the glimpse of what Sasuke/Orochimaru are up to and Shikamaru getting some decent panel time. Low points were the glimpse of Rock Lee and the friendship speech that seems to be in every chapter. Abysmal points were the instant powerup to just about everyone.

Hello. I'm new around here.

I was wondering if anyone knows the name of a manga. It was a series of short stories. One in stuck with me was about a village of stuffed animals being killed off to feed an Eldritch abomination.

I read it about a year ago. If it helps, there was also a story about kopi luwak, another about conjoined twins connected at the stomach, then one where the disembodied head of a girl asks her friend to find the rest of her body.
It's Nickelodeon. Also welcome.

Pyrokles

Neo Member
Where does Nami keep her organs?

In her boobs.

That was too easy.

I enjoy reading Nisekoi.

I enjoy it, too. But I wouldn't mind it to have a bit more meat from time to time.

It seems like I should try Double Arts?

One Piece

Am I dumb for thinking the shadow could be Mihawk? Sort of looks like a sword on someones back and a hat. The sword hilt also looks like it could almost match up if a piece broke off somehow(Zoro).

I thought that was a sword at first as well, but even if it's not someone sitting on an animal, I don't think it could be Mihawk. What he said just doesnt sound like something Mihawk would say. And considering that Mihawk is Zoro's endgame there's just no way he broke Mihawk's sword while being trained by him. His sword is in the highest grade (dragon sword), right? It couldn't be broken with that difference in skill or at all, since Mihawk should know how to wield such a valuable sword without breaking it even against someone more powerful.

ヽ(赧≧▽≦顔)ノ

I always wonder how people come up with those...

What are you doing upandaway?

He's blushing.

I thought that was a sword at first as well, but even if it's not someone sitting on an animal, I don't think it could be Mihawk. What he said just doesnt sound like something Mihawk would say. And considering that Mihawk is Zoro's endgame there's just no way he broke Mihawk's sword while being trained by him. His sword is in the highest grade (dragon sword), right? It couldn't be broken with that difference in skill or at all, since Mihawk should know how to wield such a valuable sword without breaking it even against someone more powerful.

Somehow I did not see it as a person sitting on a bird until just now... I was somehow thinking the whole silhouette was a profile of the person. Now that I look at it again it does look like Aokiji sitting on top of some kind of bird.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Sore wa Totsuzen, Unmei no Aite ga 1

Interesting premise. We're off to a great start. Luckily it seems like this manga focuses on bits of various couples rather than sticking with one which is different. Which is also nice. Which is also good. hehehehe

Pyrokles

Neo Member
Somehow I did not see it as a person sitting on a bird until just now... I was somehow thinking the whole silhouette was a profile of the person. Now that I look at it again it does look like Aokiji sitting on top of some kind of bird.

I mistook the silhouette for a person as well. I would still thinks it's just one person standing on water/a small boat if it weren't for this thread.

upandaway, I'm getting mixed signals here, but my urge to know why the second half exists will make me read it.

Edit: Zooming in was what made it clear to me. With the normal size it's easier to not see the bird/sitting man.

Stinky

The shadow looks more like a huge seagull boat (or an actual giant seagull) with someone at the top resting on it. My first thought was Mihawks' sword as well but it looks like a bird's bill.

1GGla.png

No clue who the person might be though.

EDIT: Beaten I guess lol

scy

Lucci's bird got so big now.

Sore wa Totsuzen, Unmei no Aite ga 1

Interesting premise. We're off to a great start. Luckily it seems like this manga focuses on bits of various couples rather than sticking with one which is different. Which is also nice. Which is also good. hehehehe

Wait, you hadn't read Sore wa Totsuzen? I should've mentioned it to you before :x

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Comparison images

Courtesy of Reddit.

Maybe it is Lucci, Hattori somehow grew massive in two years. Pigeon steroids are a hell of a drug.

Or it could be someone completely new. Someone in the thread mentioned "Jack" earlier, it could be that guy, or the guys working for him.

scy

WHY SCY:?!!! WHAT ELSE HAVE YOU BEEN HOLDING OUT ON ME?!

Seriously, though. Anything else?

Dunno, though I actually do think I mentioned it in passing before when it was it stuck in limbo at the start of the Miyuki arc.

Hm ... Countrouble if you haven't read it. I still need to go back and finish Kimi no Sei since I forgot about it after some angsty chapter awhile back.

Edit: And since it's on my mind, Nana to Kaoru fits ... though ... yeah. For a short, M to N no Shouzou was kind of neat.

I'm bad at recommendations. Hell, I'm bad at remembering everything I've read, apparently.

Nisekoi 57
&#12408;&#65288;>_<&#12408;)
Too much Nisekoi in one sitting...approaching boiling point...
Berserker Tsugumi is funny though
My ranks :
Chitoge > Tsugumi > Mari > Onadera

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom