• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
But if we're being serious, we all know that Oda peaked at Water7/Enies Lobby.

Yes, Marineford was fucking amazing (other than the confusing art) but I'm sure I'm not the only one that thinks Oda had that arc planned well ahead of time, down to a tee, and it was simply a matter of setting up the pieces and executing correctly, which he did in style. However, as far as crafting an arc on a new island like he did early on, Water 7 was where he plateau'd.

After the timeskip? Straight up trash for two whole arcs mayne (outside of a few rare ":O" moments).

I've actually started Punk Hazard just yesterday. Anime Fishman Island was so goddamn slow I didn't even feel like posting impressions yet :(

Now I'll read through all the volumes I already have and eventually catch up with the manga.

Yeah that's pretty much the best way to describe the past two arcs is slow.

Also anyone who says Bleach or OP is garbage is crazy, both are very entertaining manga. Let's just all agree to bash on Naruto then everyone wins

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Also anyone who says Bleach or OP is garbage is crazy, both are very entertaining manga. Let's just all agree to bash on Naruto then everyone wins
I can applaud and agree with this approach. Verily.

I mean seriously, a dude who has been dead for centuries comes out for five minutes and is ready to reveal it all to some random Uchiha? And what the fuck could Sasuke learn now that could change his mind after all of this? Hilariously bad writing.

Oh, and why is it that Madara and Hashirama in their primes look like Manly fucking Ninja MEN and Sasuke and Naruto look like little pussies? These dudes have gourds and swords and machetes and shit while Sasuke and co. have beams and lame eye hax.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'd replace Bleach with Toriko or Assassination Classroom. Both are way better series.
There's also Hunter x Hunter but... fucking hiatuses.

rouken

Yes, Marineford was fucking amazing (other than the confusing art) but I'm sure I'm not the only one that thinks Oda had that arc planned well ahead of time, down to a tee, and it was simply a matter of setting up the pieces and executing correctly, which he did in style. However, as far as crafting an arc on a new island like he did early on, Water 7 was where he plateau'd.

After the timeskip? Straight up trash for two whole arcs mayne (outside of a few rare ":O" moments).

i do get your issues about it, but its not straight up trash but just very boring in terms of what we expected. the straw hats are awesome when they do stuff, but as far as the other characters go, they are as interesting as the grandline characters.

but the stories are great by their own and oda still surprises us here and there. i just like to think that punkhazard arc was a set up for the next big arc just like the arabasta one.

I mean seriously, a dude who has been dead for centuries comes out for five minutes and is ready to reveal it all to some random Uchiha? And what the fuck could Sasuke learn now that could change his mind after all of this? Hilariously bad writing.

Oh, and why is it that Madara and Hashirama in their primes look like Manly fucking Ninja MEN and Sasuke and Naruto look like little pussies? These dudes have gourds and swords and machetes and shit while Sasuke and co. have beams and lame eye hax.

Naruto is such a spectacular mess that it's hard to even pinpoint where you'd try to "fix it". For Bleach you'd simply cut half the characters and for One Piece you'd simply cut half the faffing about that happens in between actual plot points. Both Bleach and OP's best arcs are the arcs that didn't have these problems (Enies Lobby/Water 7 and Soul Society).

I'd replace Bleach with Toriko or Assassination Classroom. Both are way better series.

Hunter x Hunter is so good that if it was released regularly our bodies wouldn't be able to handle it

K Stray Dog Story 4
tumblr_mif97oMFnz1rdehjwo1_500.jpg

Having totsuka tatara show up even briefly was pleasing. I do wish he stood around but I guess this sidestory/prequel isn't focused on him though memory of red has him, so hopefully another chapter of that comes out soon. Oh well the extensive backstory of Yatogami Kuroh and Ichigensama was as I expected but even better with both sharing mutual love and affecting for each other in their master student thing.

These and the drama cds are definitely making the wait to season two bearable.

Toriko 8-28

Well this has picked up quiet nicely, I feel the more powerful and dangerous animals/monsters we see the more exciting the series gets. Coco is a fun character to have around and Komatsu is slowing showing that he's more then just audience proxy. Excited to see Terry Cloth join the cast hopefully he'll get the chance to do things unlike pet characters in other series.

Korosenai

Yes.

Hunter x Hunter is so good that if it was released regularly our bodies wouldn't be able to handle it
I agree with this to an extent. Id still like One Piece more, but the Chimera Ant arc is one of the greatest things ive ever read in my entire life.

That may be exagerrating just a little, but it was damn good.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

;___;

Eh, whatever. I am not going to be a part of Naruto Parody Team (tm) consisting of people screaming their lungs out about how Naruto sucks, Naruto is trash, Naruto is garbage, etc etc etc and yet they come back anyways week after week. Worse than this, is perhaps the Naruto Parody Team Pretenders (tm), a group which description I'd better keep to myself, hahaha.

Sink or swim, I just enjoy Naruto.

*Gets thrown LARGE TOMATOES*

remz

I think someone needs to re-read punk hazard.

It's still better than Kubo, who hasn't been on point since.... Soul Society.

I really wish more people would read Assassination Classroom. It's basically GTO with a twist but goddamn if it isn't a seriously fucking hilarious manga. Something about the teacher's design and the insane premise lends to some amazing gags and slapstick.

Sai

;___;

Eh, whatever. I am not going to be a part of Naruto Parody Team (tm) consisting of people screaming their lungs out about how Naruto sucks, Naruto is trash, Naruto is garbage, etc etc etc and yet they come back anyways week after week. Worse than this, is perhaps the Naruto Parody Team Pretenders (tm), a group which description I'd better keep to myself, hahaha.

You're not. Naruto has it's issues, but they all do. It's just kind of a trend here to trash on it.

And that's why you'll rarely find me discussing it here now.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hinamatsuri

This is sort of like Yotsuba if she had psychic powers and Kowai was a gangster who gave no shits and couldn't get the girl...

wonzo

Banned
Hinamatsuri 11-16

hinamatsuri11.jpg

Oh my god, this just gets better and better with each and every chapter. The family re-union was funny as hell but not as hilarious as the absolute absurdity of the hunt of the used TV's. Just simply amazing stuff really. Now I just have to wait for the next chapter to come out...

hinamatsuri3a.jpg

Bleach better come out soon.
You're not. Naruto has it's issues, but they all do. It's just kind of a trend here to trash on it.

And that's why you'll rarely find me discussing it here now.
Just ignore them. Naruto has been great the past 2 chapters. I want to find out if what Obito said ti Sasuke is true.

Naruto is not that bad.

Give me a break, bro. In-spite of everything Naruto is still much better than one piece. Naruto´s plot is always progressing unlike one piece which is dragging like hell. A lot of Naruto´s characters are developed and not being a cut board characters since the first they appear like one piece. Naruto has explainable power ups unlike the bullshit the SH get in fights pre time skip.

;___;

I'm not a regular here, but I like it too, if it makes you feel better.

789shadow

Banned
Fun fact: much like a block of metal is the international standard for the kilogram, Beam's opinions are the international standard for wrongness.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
It often feels like I am really the only Naruto fan left in here.

*Gets thrown tomatoes*

I'm standing right next to you. *patting on your shoulder*

Edited: To clarifying, I'm fan of Naruto. I don't really pay attention to whatever they said about Naruto in negative way, because they don't have ability to turn their logic off while reading Naruto. No offense to Manga-GAF. Here is my old quote.

I guess people don't have ability to turn their logic off while they are reading Shonen Jump. Shonen Jump mangas occasionally don't follow logic because the books are targeting children/teenagers. That's my opinion.

Hmm some of us prefer only one out of the "big 3" while others like all 3 or just 2 out of the 3.

Personally I like Bleach and OP together with Naruto somewhere in the bottom of my good manga list.

How about the rest of you?

dumbyugi

I only read One Piece. I tries Bleach and Naruto for the first time recently and didn't care for either of them. I liked Bleach a little bit more then Naruto but not enough that I would keep reading.

wonzo

Banned
Yamada 46-47

Whoa, a plan by Yamada... that actually worked!? I refuse to believe.

Food Smut 11

Hmmn, the foodgasm was kinda lacking in this one but I'm expecting incredible things from the next chapter with THE BEST SAUCE.

Nozoki Ana 103

This is definitely one of the weirdest (and shitiest) origin stories I've read.

Binbougami ga! 51

Not even Bobby's good enough to play the big bad for once. ;_;

Scratch

i have a soft spot in my heart for naruto
no matter how dumb it can get

bleach is consistent
ly terrible
. it's a fun read though

one piece makes up for whatever text kubo decided not to use. it's really good though, though i can't remember anything from the beginning of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom