• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yozakura Quartet
That was an awesome chapter. All that action everywhere. And all that tactics and strategy. I gotta say every new addition to the gang of heroes have been great and Mr. Wolf should be a good addition as well.

Solune

Had some time today to read a couple things:
That's because something pretty depressing happened and I don't have as much freedom as before, though I still read stuff even if only to keep the mind busy and not dwell on certain things, but posting about it feels sort of... wrong.

Get better man =( May your shounen powerups be over 9000 and OP like Za Warudo

upandaway

Hope things work out Lain.

Arpeggio of Blue Steel

Oh shit, what a twist. What if no one on top of the ships is real? What if the ships themselves aren't real? What if Japan isn't real? What's real? Who am I?

Berserk

Oh hey, another flashback. This manga will never end.

(retcon: also screw gambino, he is the worst thing)

survivor

Banned
Ryuushika Ryuushika vol 2

6YPwI.jpg

This is sooo good. The stories are very creative and Ryuushika has a great imagination just like Yotsuba. That cicada chapter was some powerful stuff :(

gunbo13

Seen the anime yet?
About five times. I was just reading a few chapters and watching a few episodes. By reading, you really absorb more of the character reactions, subtleties, and it gives you time to relate to a lot of what is going on. The anime then adds the colorful voice acting and comedic timings.

It's just good. Simple as that.

upandaway

Well uh, finally gonna marathon something now (I started HF on SUNDAY man, what the hell? 40 hours?! but it fried my brain so good) and I don't know what. Like, no clue. I have enough time for something long, man. Maybe Ubel Blatt after all, ugh I dunno. Seems so heavy. Saki? Aiki? My head hurts. Screw this.

People who started reading in 20 years ago may have forgotten a thing or two.

*chuckles*
Calling it out now, the fairy will rape Guts.

Reknoc

Front Mission: Something about dogs

Not quite what I would expect from a manga based on a video game. Certainly looking forward to reading more whenever.

upandaway

The Sunday Without God ch1-11 / Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi

This manga is so weird. It went from "awww" to "man, that's grim" to "hahaha". The premise is also pretty fun.

I lost it when he just blurted out the name of her father and she took it (the look on his face :lol), and the Father-Ai death jokes are hilarious.

Also, ART:
RvZWY.png

I love this.

Dresden

Yeah, Nichiyoubi is really cute. The grim stuff was kinda foreshadowed but it still felt like it came out of nowhere. I was like, wtf?

Big One

Banned
Dreamin', don't give it up Luffy
Dreamin', don't give it up Zolo
Dreamin', don't give it up Nami
Dreamin', don't give it give it up give it up give it up give it up give it NO!

Oh shit I wasn't expecting a little insight on Law's character here. Arc just got a lot more interesting. Monet also seems to have a more major role.

Blech F

I don't even give a fuck, it's going to be shit. We all know it.

luffy seems to have been taken out by the SLimes poison...Slime seems very powerful after all. There are reasons for it, but if Luffy just used Elephant galtling gun he could have taken out Clown in an instant...

Or is it something to do with the new guy? Both Luffy and Law got taken out in a similar manner...also when Law said there is something we "both need to get back"...I wonder if there is some connection here.

Actually, it seems like Law and luffy may be connected in some way...Law seems to weaken straight after Luffy collapses...I wonder what happened in the operation Law performed on luffy...? Or it could be luffy reacting to Law's weakness. Or maybe they are connected...luffy isnt affected by the poison but Law is...or maybe I am looking to far into this

I wonder if that guy could be Akoiji...his shoes look similar from what I can remember...that could be an irrelevant detail though. Its probably joker

Diablos54

Bleach: lol, Bankai got jacked! Made me laugh, I'll give it a D just for that.
Naruto: Didn't have to suffer through any Sasuke so that's an automatic A.
One Piece: Luffy not as invulnerable as he thought makes sense, it was going too easy for him. And this whole Law thing is interesting, who is it? A parent, older sibling, Vegapunk? B.

upandaway

Yamada and the Seven Witches ch1

Hahaha. MC just doesn't know what the hell.

Alright, alright.

One Piece

That's.. some of the worst timing for a break ever.

Luffy was being silly for a while but he was beaten fair and square (that is, if he's really out). Really dunno what to think.

luffy seems to have been taken out by the SLimes poison...Slime seems very powerful after all. There are reasons for it, but if Luffy just used Elephant galtling gun he could have taken out Clown in an instant...
It doesn't have to be the slimes. I think it's something Caesar did (maybe he manipulated the oxygen level or something).

I guess it could be unrelated to Caesar, but then it makes no sense since he said "you underestimated me."

smurfx

get some go again
the world government had to replace 3 shichibukai's right? moria,jimbei and blackbeard. maybe its the other replacement shichibukai? we know law is one and most likely buggy so the other one being introduced here would be good. maybe its crocodile and now instead of referring to people as days they are now referred to as playing cards. joker being the top one and the people under him will be referred to as other playing cards.

upandaway

the world government had to replace 3 shichibukai's right? moria,jimbei and blackbeard. maybe its the other replacement shichibukai? we know law is one and most likely buggy so the other one being introduced here would be good.
I'm thinking whoever it is, Shichibukai or not, it'll be a new guy.

It could definitely be Joker since the arc seems to be speeding up at a fast pace. Probably to explode into another arc or something similar. (doubt it's Croc though)

Big One

Banned
Bleach F

Wtf is this shit? Kubo has lost his mind. First his comments in the recent Bleach novel and now this. Kubo just dunno how to write anymore. This might as well be an incoherent set of pages featuring "cool" images of characters doing poses by this point without a plotline. Wtf are these Quincy doing for them to have abilities that outclass Shinigami? Fuck it, I already know what they're doing...fucking nothing that they couldn't have done when they were exterminated by the Shinigami. "Oh but you don't know maybe Kubo will explain..." NOPE, shut the fuck up, Kubo has NEVER ever explained in the entire history of the damn series anything, nor has he foreshadowed anything majorly significant (such as this) to suggest he has some form of a semblance of a plan. Kubo won't ever explain it cause he's just going to create more plots that raises more and more questions rather than answers.

-_-

Banned
It's more likely to be Joker than Vegapunk since Cesaer got the OK GO to kill the strawhats back in ch. 664. I'm going to predict that Joker is also a new Shichibukai if he has the power to make deaths and disappearances look like accidents.

upandaway

Yamada ch10

Okay, I'm completely lost by now.

I can't link the faces to the personalities anymore. I have no clue what's going on, it's fucking with my head. I look at Urara's face and I see Yamada. I always feel weird when Urara is actually Urara (whenever she doesn't read a book emotionlessly). If I see them kissing, it's like I'm seeing Yamada kiss himself. Does Urara even exist? Maybe I just made her up. She might not even be a character. I might have been Urara all along.

I'm taking a break.

Yamada and the Seven Witches ch1

Hahaha. MC just doesn't know what the hell.

Alright, alright.

One Piece

Luffy was being silly for a while but he was beaten fair and square (that is, if he's really out). Really dunno what to think.

It doesn't have to be the slimes. I think it's something Caesar did (maybe he manipulated the oxygen level or something).

I guess it could be unrelated to Caesar, but then it makes no sense since he said "you underestimated me."

I dunno, I highly doubt it is Cesar...from the way the fight was going it was clear that luffy had the upper hand in a one on one...nothing about the way CC has been presented suggests he is on equal footing in terms of combat strength. I mean you could be right, but I suspect it has something to do with the slime, which did touch him previously....Remember that the gas contained within the slime is probably alot more potent than anything CC can produce...I suspect CC thought it was himself who caused Luffy to feint, but I doubt it really was...that would be a cop out to me

Bleach

It seemed so utterly stupid to me that the captains chose to use Bankai. They know their enemies are all most likely quincy, who gain power by absorbing "spirit-particles", and also that they are capable of "sealing" a Bankai. Did it never occur to anyone that the energy from their Bankai could be used against them? Hopefully the rest of the captains will be smarter than the 4 idiots who fought this chapter.

Zeppu

One Piece

This is what I thought too. I think it's fair to assume Luffy won't be taken out so easily by poison now that he's mentioned it himself, but with the Gas gas fruit he can just stop luffy from breathing in Oxygen rather than poison him directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom