• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bleach

XIkBL.jpg

Waifu~

There's only two girls he draws: Orihime and that girl.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
She kinda looks like that Fullbringer girl in the face but a different hairstyle tbh

All he does is draw the same characters with different haircuts. The reason there are like eight Aizens is because all he can draw are Aizens in different outfits + hair.

Wiseblade

One Piece

Good stuff this week. My guess is that CC just used sleeping gas instead.

Bleach

I loved this chapter. The shinigami are coming up with strategies that are failing. I can´t wait to see the quincies kill some of these captains. (Except Komamura and Mayuri, and Shinji). The rest can die. The pace was great. It´s better now than fighting for 7-8 chapter than release their bankai and have the same results.

one piece

I´m a logia don´t compare me to a person who´s specialty is poison. No mah poison is stronger. I guess it´s good seeing Luffy lose, and i thought we will see his full power after the time skip.

On a side note, it´s so funny seeing big one going from being an arrogant person who thinks his opinion is superior to all, and a liar (my balls, or which ever manga AG caught him lying about, and manga volume sales), into a full blown joke character. It´s a more radical transformation than Aizen.

THAT WAS ME! At least credit the right person.

Also, Big One is a joke character for his irrational hatred of Bleach, but you're irrational hatred of One Piece makes you the Only Sane Man? Please.

Averon

Bleach

The plan these captains came up with was idiotic.

"Hey guys, let's cripple our strongest assets on the off chance that maybe there's a counter to their sealing technique!!"

Bleach
tumblr_m5jsxjFecR1r77v7ro1_250.jpg

Now that was a fairly good chapter. Hitsugaya is finally back and willing to risk it all against the Sternritter was cool. Although Diaguren Hyorinmaru may have been taken away, so hopefully he can be triumphant still. The arc is finally getting serious, so I kind of like it not, not at Fullbring levels just as yet, but with more Ichigo it can probably reach and surpass it at this brisk pace Kubo is going.

survivor

Banned
3.3.7 Byooshi vol 1

I never knew Mitsurou Kubo was a big Fukumuto fan

Manga surprised me a lot. It looked like it was going the Again route with the cheering, but it got better with the male host clubs aspect.

but Scott Pilgrim is totally rad, though
Shitface Cera ruined the movie, can't say much about the books only read the first one

Fuck off.

Fun fact, this dude irl couldn't shut up about how great the SP books were. Such a poser
Stop making up shit

Bleach F

Wtf is this shit? Kubo has lost his mind. First his comments in the recent Bleach novel and now this. Kubo just dunno how to write anymore. This might as well be an incoherent set of pages featuring "cool" images of characters doing poses by this point without a plotline. Wtf are these Quincy doing for them to have abilities that outclass Shinigami? Fuck it, I already know what they're doing...fucking nothing that they couldn't have done when they were exterminated by the Shinigami. "Oh but you don't know maybe Kubo will explain..." NOPE, shut the fuck up, Kubo has NEVER ever explained in the entire history of the damn series anything, nor has he foreshadowed anything majorly significant (such as this) to suggest he has some form of a semblance of a plan. Kubo won't ever explain it cause he's just going to create more plots that raises more and more questions rather than answers.

So why can't quincy be stronger? They've had hundreds of years to prepare a plan and train. I guess we could all go back to Aizen making a new set of even stronger Espada, because then it wouldn't be "random".

Berserk

What´s with the flashback. Get to the fairy island already.

THAT WAS ME! At least credit the right person.

Also, Big One is a joke character for his irrational hatred of Bleach, but you're irrational hatred of One Piece makes you the Only Sane Man? Please.

I don´t irrationally hate one piece or even hate it. If i did i won´t bother reading it. You read his posts and him dismissing others and calling them factually is a joke. I never did that.

Kudos for catching him then.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So, Brook is a TLRD bro.

Anyone surprised? Because I'm not.

They won. Why would they be training?

Not only that. There´s a lot of new captains, like Toshiro, Byakuya, Soi Fong, Mayuri, Komamura who were not captains for more than a 100 years. Hell Byakuya was a kid, Toshiro probably was not even reborn yet. And then there´s what Ishida Soken told Uryuu about both sides had losses, and Shunsui´s convo with Shinji in TBTP flashback in which Shinji said We´re going through captains like toilet paper, in which Shunsui told him to embrace it and that the only captains left from the original are Shunsui, Ukitake, Yamamoto, and Unohana.

Zekes!

Again!! 10-12

I enjoyed the puppet show

also the squad letter is a total bitch, the cheering squad totally deserves to fail at this point

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Not only that. There´s a lot of new captains, like Toshiro, Byakuya, Soi Fong, Mayuri, Komamura who were not captains for more than a 100 years. Hell Byakuya was a kid, Toshiro probably was not even reborn yet. And then there´s what Ishida Soken told Uryuu about both sides had losses, and Shunsui´s convo with Shinji in TBTP flashback in which Shinji said We´re going through captains like toilet paper, in which Shunsui told him to embrace it and that the only captains left from the original are Shunsui, Ukitake, Yamamoto, and Unohana.

He covered that in his boilerplate. Since he can't remember any details in a story he reads, Bleach has no details.

Because just 2 years ago they were supposing to be fighting a force where only 10 of them could fuck up SS and Aizen .
The SS captains getting there Bankai take away better than the quincy being stronger than them to tell the truth .
It makes the captains not look weak .

Big One

Banned
They wouldn't be "training" necessarily, just they would've improved since they've done other shit after the Quincy slaughter. The Espada were more powerful than the Quincy and apparently Shinigami learned nothing after defeating them.

Angry Grimace

He covered that in his boilerplate. Since he can't remember any details in a story he reads, Bleach has no details.

If you just don't ever talk to Big One, he stops posting. He's just posting the same trollpost every single week and most of the time nobody responds and he leaves until the next Wedensday. You're breaking the cycle.

gunbo13

Oh good, the "shinigami training" discussion. The one where some people say they just get fat and do nothing after they are ranked high. That they don't train or improve in their "job." That some of them, who have so much pride in their position that they would give their life, would just say "fuck it, I'm good enough." That members who are shown training many times just sort of coincidentally got caught on such a rare event. That people who constantly seek battle, don't actually get there and just nap in the woods. The people who constantly go on missions, yet just let all their subordinates do the work while they play mahjong. That people who get bested by a young human punk would just get depressed and not train to improve.

Yes, the shinigami definitely don't train. Yes sir. Yep. Absolutely. No question. No argument here. Indubitably.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Hey guys, why do we still have such a huge army?

I mean, we won right? Let's dismantle all of that junk and make a space ship to go to the moon.

Desmond

Haven't posted in a bit, what with exams on and all. It was also my birthday yesterday;)

Bleach was good today, art was even better than usual. BASED KUBO

gunbo13

Hey guys, why do we still have such a huge army?

I mean, we won right? Let's dismantle all of that junk and make a space ship to go to the moon.
We've already been to the moon silly. The shinigami would go to jupiter. With Kenpachi riding on the top the whole time.

Soul Eater 99

Amazing chapter. So informative. Finally we get the history of the feud between Shibusen and the witches. Kid is so funny. There´s a page with Excalibur that´s not translated. I guess the translators got annoyed with him :D

Solune

Bleach

i'll read it later.
LOL this made me laugh way too hard for no reason.
but Scott Pilgrim is totally rad, though
He's a dick, a dick with a harem. But he's cool.
Shitface Cera ruined the movie, can't say much about the books only read the first one
Truth.
You should read HxH then.
Or Berserk.
Haven't posted in a bit, what with exams on and all. It was also my birthday yesterday;)

Bleach was good today, art was even better than usual. BASED KUBO

Hmm what a strange coincidence, we have the same birthday.

Mr. Fix

Bleach
I guess it´s good seeing Luffy lose, and i thought we will see his full power after the time skip.

I agree with the bolded, Beam. We've actually been seeing his new power/abilities in small increments since the TS. I guess it just depends on the situation and opponent, really. Of course, if Oda made Luffy own everyone then people would complain that the NW wasn't as dangerous as we were lead to believe.

But again, the enemies on this island aren't exactly relying on physical prowess to overcome the crew, so it's nice that we don't have to take power levels into consideration. It's all about the match-ups, people. Just look at the outcome between Law and Smoker.

And of course DTL is complaining. OP doesn't play the tropes as heavily as Fairy Tail does.

Why does One Piece go on so many breaks?
It's every 5-6 chapters, which to me feels frequent too but- Oda gots to visit the family sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom