• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

upandaway

Caught me off guard

Q0BZQYT.png

niconico please

bobohoro

Domestic Na Kanojo 68

I would prefer it if Hina would have been written out of the story.
But of course nice things won't happen in this manga.

Prison School 193

This, however, is where all the nice things happen.

Nisekoi 190

We've seen this from far away. Though it was still harsh of Raku. Preventing the wedding then rejecting the girl at the same time lol.

Who's the next ship to sink?

I mean if they sink either Onodera or Chitoge's ship the series is over cause the other wins right? Unless they pull a HIMYM and have one win now then time skip to them dying and him ending up with the other ie not promise girl wins now flash forward promise girl wins in the end.

The only other ship that could arguably be sunk while still keeping the series going is Onodera's sister but I don't think anyone ever considered her a serious ship unless she ends up being the promised girl though ridiculous shenanigans.

bobohoro

I mean if they sink either Onodera or Chitoge's ship the series is over cause the other wins right? Unless they pull a HIMYM and have one win now then time skip to them dying and him ending up with the other ie not promise girl wins now flash forward promise girl wins in the end.

The only other ship that could arguably be sunk while still keeping the series going is Onodera's sister but I don't think anyone ever considered her a serious ship unless she ends up being the promised girl though ridiculous shenanigans.

The sister hasn't been in a panel since a couple dozen chapters. I think by now pretty much all possible side characters have been dropped. I'd guess Tsugumi gets another small rejection arc and then it's the endgame between Ono-D and Shitoge.

Sidonia No Kishi 63

Well, that's one unusual pairing right there. Kinda cute, kinda creepy scenes.
Overall, it feels like the manga finally managed a decent pacing (at least far better than the first few volumes), but there are only 2 volumes to go, so it will probably end without half the plot resolved. Oh well.

What the heck. Tsugumi is out of the house and Nagate stumbles into the love triangle of his grandpa/cloned father/big boss. Poor Lala.

bobohoro

Sidonia No Kishi [End]

Well, that was...something? Everytime the manga gets a good pace, is fun and enjoyable, you have the plot going warpspeed again next chapter and some random asspull kinda messes up everything. I mean, you get the nice deathscene of Tsugumi, only to have some random biomechanical cocktail with mixed personalities in the end winning the strange harem. You have a large mass of mysterious aliens as enemies, only to never really explain much about them beyond placenta, true core and copy ability. Additionally, the art is kinda messy, making action scenes hard to follow at times and character reactions difficult to interpret, because everyone only has like two different expressions. Doesn't help that everyone looks so similar, even those who are not a clone of clones.

I mean, there's lots of potential there and when the manga peaks it's pretty amazing, but overall the execution is rather lacking in every aspect, be it story or art.

random25

Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! 177

New ship? Misuzu playing matchmaker via tape.

The younger Onodera has already mellowed downmuch earlier I think. The only major remaining ones are Tsugumi, Kosaki and Chitoge. Guess it will be Tsugumi's turn next.

I honestly forgot Tsugumi, because she wasn't a key girl she was always a 2nd tier love interest like Imouto.

Also finally got back to where I was in UQ Holder when I dropped it to read Negima, knowing the stuff about the mage of beginnings made a lot of what happened make more sense.

Sidonia No Kishi [End]

Well, that was...something? Everytime the manga gets a good pace, is fun and enjoyable, you have the plot going warpspeed again next chapter and some random asspull kinda messes up everything. I mean, you get the nice deathscene of Tsugumi, only to have some random biomechanical cocktail with mixed personalities in the end winning the strange harem. You have a large mass of mysterious aliens as enemies, only to never really explain much about them beyond placenta, true core and copy ability. Additionally, the art is kinda messy, making action scenes hard to follow at times and character reactions difficult to interpret, because everyone only has like two different expressions. Doesn't help that everyone looks so similar, even those who are not a clone of clones.

I mean, there's lots of potential there and when the manga peaks it's pretty amazing, but overall the execution is rather lacking in every aspect, be it story or art.

Nihei failing at writing human beings is a common problem.
Sidonia showed that he improved a lot in that regard, but when shit started to get real he went right back to his old habits.

Still a fun read.

upandaway

My Hero Academia 63

Really nice fast pace, very cool. It's looking like ~2 chapters per group, going through all of them once before the the conclusions (I guess overcoming their problems then overcoming the teacher). I wonder if they'd point out any other problem with Todoroki besides teamwork, he seems too perfect right now.

Grexeno

My Hero Academia 63

Really nice fast pace, very cool. It's looking like ~2 chapters per group, going through all of them once before the the conclusions (I guess overcoming their problems then overcoming the teacher). I wonder if they'd point out any other problem with Todoroki besides teamwork, he seems too perfect right now.
His quirk is OP. At this level there's not much wrong with him.

Dynasty

Nisekoi 190
I wanted to see the grooms face. The chapter felt pretty empty to be honest.

Bleach
Loving the Miracle's personality and that close up of his face is beastly.
Still can't get over what Kubo did to X-axis, honestly think he is being racist. Hyped to see koyrakus Bankai better be epic.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Boku no hero 63
Flashbang inside mathryoshka? Now that is genius.

Kakegurui 2-9

In a school where gambling is legal and money determine your status with those in debt become a class pet.
Protag is gambling addict, betting while making crazy face, doing her best to instill terror on her opponent. I like this. Majority of character are insane and psychopatic. One girl get orgasm from doing russian roulette. No bet, she just want to feel the thrill. A life plan that dictate your every life given to those who cannot pay off their debts... so yeah. Crazy

Lain

I hope print manga never goes away.

You could always print your own digital copies!

I learned today that I ordered the second volume of the Shield Hero novel (Amazon had it billed as The Rising of the Shield Hero without a cover at the time of my preorder) instead of volume 1, so this book I received is useless to me for the time being.

In other news, I've read the first volume of Taoist by Golo Zhao (it's a manhua but does that matter?!) and it's pretty good, I need to write something about it later.

Kakegurui 2-9[/B]
In a school where gambling is legal and money determine your status with those in debt become a class pet.
Protag is gambling addict, betting while making crazy face, doing her best to instill terror on her opponent. I like this. Majority of character are insane and psychopatic. One girl get orgasm from doing russian roulette. No bet, she just want to feel the thrill. A life plan that dictate your every life given to those who cannot pay off their debts... so yeah. Crazy

The art style is a great plus also.

bobohoro

Mahou Sensei Negima! 1

Once more with feeling.
Or so. It's been over 3 and a half years since I read the series, was probably one of the earlier ones I started about a decade ago. Really looking forward to it right now. First chapter already was warm and fluffy, full of good memories.

UQ Holder ~85

So assuming this is a terminator esque time travel thing

Eva was training with Dana when she fell for a strange boy from a different time period (Tota) who was also training under Dana who confesses his love to her.

Many decades later Eva met Nagi who reminded her of that crush from a long time ago and fell hard for him, years later she met his son Negi and fell for him as well, even replicating the situation in which she met Tota to help Negi train

Years later she comes across Tota and maybe recognizes him as the boy from her childhood and decides to raise him, Tota begins to fall for her

Tota ends up training with Dana and meets past Eva confessing his love for her

I assume that's what is going on, its weird that the series seems to be pushing Tota x Eva ship hard when I thought things would build towards Tota x Koroumaru

Haikyuu!! 178
CRd_F8nXIAAHFtl.png

Furudate please get Tsukki back in the game fast. No way can Karasuno survive (sorry Narita, but you had no development arc, no way are you vital for this game). And Suga is already struggling and at his best.

Stretch - END

Mmmm

what?

So, this was the entire series.
Now, looking back, I actually think this was kind of a mess? Like the author himself never knew what he was doing. Notice how the series started as a short SoL about stretching, then later it dropped the stretching routine that gave the title tot he series. He put some drama about a failed relationship and yuri subtext (come on it was there, it wasn't "yuri goggles") but part of the plot development has been done offscreen because reasons? Including the final situations where one of the protagonists has to move out. Those decisions were pretty weird.

Arabesque

UQ Holder ~85I assume that's what is going on, its weird that the series seems to be pushing Tota x Eva ship hard when I thought things would build towards Tota x Koroumaru

That's pretty much what's going yeah lol

I think Akamatsu is try to justify why Eva likes Nagi so much (because the reasoning in Negima wasn't enough for him?) while also trying to make Touta less of a "I want to surpass my grandfather" character by adding all these stuff to him. Personally, I think Touta had been really jumping from goal to goal thus far, to the point where he's really flimsy in what he wants.

First it was becoming a famous singer, then it was climbing up the ranks in UQ, then it was taking hold of the world or becoming the best or something like that, then it was defeating Fate because he murded his parents, but then it was dealing with being artificially made and now it's trying to get into his moms pants.

He's been more reactive than active to be honest, and while he's a lot more amusing than Negi had been, it's hard to like him when it seems he jumps around not knowing what he wants to do with his life.

Koroumaru is the Motoko/Setsuna of the series, so things are either going horribly wrong and ends up getting screwed over, or he finally realises that his gender regardless of being a boy or a girl won't get in the way of being friends/lovers with Touta. It's hard to figure out what Ken wants to do with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom