• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zweizer

Banned
One Piece ch806

That turned friendly pretty quick.

Still, rather than the Sanji situation (which I doubt will amount to much in the end), I'm more interested in Jack.

Anko

Hey MangaGAF, just dropping by with some niche yuri love.

Yagate kimi ni naru (Bloom Into You) Vol. 1
I couldn't wait for the physical to arrive so I bought it digital off niconico. Their point system sucks. What the hell do I do with these three hundred odd remaining points?

Yuri manga in Dengeki Daioh? From a rather well known Touhou doujin circle?
There's something about yuri manga serialised in non-yuri magazines that appeal a lot to me. ...Or maybe it's just the editors at YuriHime pushing the magazine in a direction I don't like. Anyway, I really enjoyed the volume. Some sweet moments here and there even though there are no established couples yet. I find their relationship fascinating and would like to see how it develops, and if it will actually develop into something more. I do like how she frames some of her panels. It's always great to see a mangaka go successfully from drawing non-original doujins to making their professional debut with their own original work. Nakatani did great imo, and I cannot wait for volume two. That vol. 2 teaser page at the end reaaaaally doesn't help. Oh the pain of being a tank reader.
s6N3vyX.jpg

Zweizer

Banned
Hey MangaGAF, just dropping by with some niche yuri love.

Yagate kimi ni naru (Bloom Into You) Vol. 1
I couldn't wait for the physical to arrive so I bought it digital off niconico. Their point system sucks. What the hell do I do with these three hundred odd remaining points?

Yuri manga in Dengeki Daioh? From a rather well known Touhou doujin circle?
There's something about yuri manga serialised in non-yuri magazines that appeal a lot to me. ...Or maybe it's just the editors at YuriHime pushing the magazine in a direction I don't like. Anyway, I really enjoyed the volume. Some sweet moments here and there even though there are no established couples yet. I find their relationship fascinating and would like to see how it develops, and if it will actually develop into something more. I do like how she frames some of her panels. It's always great to see a mangaka go successfully from drawing non-original doujins to making their professional debut with their own original work. Nakatani did great imo, and I cannot wait for volume two. That vol. 2 teaser page at the end reaaaaally doesn't help. Oh the pain of being a tank reader.

Hey, more yuri buddies are always welcome here~

I've been less enthusiastic about Nakatani's stuff ever since the borefest that was Akuma no Riddle, but you make this one sound promising, so I'll give it a go sometime later.

You should absolutely give Shinozaki-san Ki o Ota Shika ni! a read by the way, for another great original yuri series from a famous Touhou doujinshi artist published in a non-yuri magazine.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Jitsu wa watashi wa 99
That is one hell of a opener. Dat casual confession by Oka

New Game 23

Still cute as ever, but taking a screenshot of every characters and monster to put in a strategy guide seem to be too much tiring and inefficient. I thought that thing was already prepared in proposal or something.

Tomo chan wa onna no ko 197

Fuck you Jun.

Keijo!!!!! 56

The power of friendship prevail once again.

Joukamachi no dandelion 12

Lol, forgetting to wear skirt and shortpants.

How I stalked some dude with an exposed nipple and stumbled upon the Zenithian Sword vol.3 ch.9

It's funny that Baki refuse to help human unless they pay him, but will help a monster no fee given. This guy is one talented beast tamer.

jbug617

Banned
Shokugeki no Soma 142

Fuck you Eizan. Also really surprise that the Shokugeki is happening this fast. I thought there would be a practice thing first.

Shokugeki no Soma - 142

I'm liking how composed and collected Soma is against Eizan. I hope he gets destroyed.

Magi - 284

What a change. o_o

There better be a Gundam or several mechas.

Anko

Hey, more yuri buddies are always welcome here~

I've been less enthusiastic about Nakatani's stuff ever since the borefest that was Akuma no Riddle, but you make this one sound promising, so I'll give it a go sometime later.

You should absolutely give Shinozaki-san Ki o Ota Shika ni! a read by the way, for another great original yuri series from a famous Touhou doujinshi artist published in a non-yuri magazine.
Now you definitely have to give it a try, because Akuma no riddle isn't Nakatani's. Although she has drawn awesome fanart of AnR and tweets with the author. That's Koga Yun and Minakata Sunao's baby. I wasn't a fan of Minakata's yuri hime work but like her art enough to follow her touhou doujins. Nakatani's circle name is rireba by the way, while Minakata's is PURE.

I've heard many good things of Shinozaki-san Ki o Ota Shika ni but have yet to get to it. I'll definitely add it to my next shipment.

Zweizer

Banned
Now you definitely have to give it a try, because Akuma no riddle isn't Nakatani's. Although she has drawn awesome fanart of AnR and tweets with the author. That's Koga Yun and Minakata Sunao's baby. I wasn't a fan of Minakata's yuri hime work but like her art enough to follow her touhou doujins. Nakatani's circle name is rireba by the way, while Minakata's is PURE.

I've heard many good things of Shinozaki-san Ki o Ota Shika ni but have yet to get to it. I'll definitely add it to my next shipment.

Ah oops, mixed the two.

Wait, isn't it Eventually, I Will Become Yours? The Japanese title confused me, lol. I am already following this one, and yeah it's pretty nice, though it's still a bit in the early stages of the story so far.

Kyuur

One Piece

PvFWrHx.png

Lmao, arc is worth is just for these guys tormenting Luffy

Still a great start to the arc. Wonder if we're going to enter flashback mode? I hope not, would be cool to just learn as the characters do, but unlikely for Oda I think.

Fuck that cliffhanger though. If he actually is dead, I bet Brook's absence will end up being a way for him to try and ressurect people, thus making the Straw Hats virtually immortal and ruining any sense of stake in the future
please don't let this happen

Magi

Lmao

Bleach 650

Attack that is just a big white beam check

Plot device that was never mentioned before being the key to defeating enemy check

Enemy is just some stupid fucking thing that looks like a Naaru from WoW check

Fuck Kubo

One Piece 806

Sanji is...

a chump? Yeah we know!

Soma 142

Alright, I guess the dorm invasion is where Erina will come in handy.

Great faces this chapter, love the look of disgust on Soma's face on that last page.

Anko

Ah oops, mixed the two.

Wait, isn't it Eventually, I Will Become Yours? The Japanese title confused me, lol. I am already following this one, and yeah it's pretty nice, though it's still a bit in the early stages of the story so far.
I take issues with that translation of the title though. Don't agree with it. The official English one in the book (Japanese English and all) is "Bloom into you" while the literal translation is closer to "Eventually, I will become you" so you can see why the translator took some liberties there. But I really don't agree with making it "become yours". In this case however, I think it's more about "becoming like you". Hence the "bloom into you" official title I guess?

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Tenohira Size end
I need more of this. The problem that each characters face is very relatable. The art is good too. I think i'm going to check the author other works.

Seeing all those Night on the galactic railroad by Miyazawa Kenji in several manga, song, or anime make me want to read it. I guess i'll buy it the next time i go to Kinokuniya

Zweizer

Banned
I take issues with that translation of the title though. Don't agree with it. The official English one in the book (Japanese English and all) is "Bloom into you" while the literal translation is closer to "Eventually, I will become you" so you can see why the translator took some liberties there. But I really don't agree with making it "become yours". In this case however, I think it's more about "becoming like you". Hence the "bloom into you" official title I guess?

Ah, my Japanese knowledge is almost nonexistent, so I didn't really pay much attention to the title's interpretation, but yours is pretty interesting too, and does give it a whole other meaning.

bobohoro

One Piece 806

So, uh Minks show affection like their animal counterparts and hairless skin is something to adore for them. Sure explains that dress of Nami. And the coming dozens of licketylick doujins~

Bleach 650

Those transformations. Who was that giant chicken again?

Soma 142

Just standing, staring all day. Soma probably doesn't even think anymore, he's just empty. And badass.

Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa 99

Casual confessions never work. Trust me, I'm an expert.

Shokugeki no Soma 142

I wonder how this match is going to go.... and seriously Erina needs tom do shit she is the bloody 10th seat she can easily make these fodder minions leave the area if she ordered to

Lain

Alice in Borderland volume 10

I actually only read half the volume, because half of the volume is devoted to special chapters. I always hate it when volumes do that.

Anyways, the best thing to come out of this volume was toward the end when
Usagi manages the jump while her chaser doesn't
and her subsequent statement. I guess that was a fine point to end the (half)volume, though I wanted to see Arisu's choice bear fruits.

phaze

Historie 600 Innocent vol 6
Marie got herself the greatest love story ever told. lol

With Choiseoul, Montespan, Louis XV @ XVI getting introduced this is a pretty important volume. Charles leveled up though at the price of drifting away from his sister. (who's awfully ungrateful.) Art was amazing as always, I want to spam so many pics. Though after that video detailing Asano's work, I kinda wonder how much of the art is just filtered photos. Most of the backgrounds probably but I wonder if it ends there.

Arex

Onani Master Kurosawa & Molester Man

Just reread Kurosawa and finally read Molester Man, dang I love these kind of stories with happy endings :')

Are there other manga by this author or similar to these worth reading?

Revo

Bleach 650

so he took her weapon and held it?
also boo we're prob gonna get some flashback to fill out these characters too

Rindou <3

Soma 142

I wonder what Soma will do. Serious Soma <3

My Hero Academia 66

I loved this chapter. I hope we get to see all the matches because they are all damn good. Laughed at the director going mad.

Shengar

I remember somebody in this thread shared a harem and reincarnation LN where the MC married all of his love interest and the story keep continue after that. Anybody know what is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom