• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akito

Onani Master Kurosawa & Molester Man

Just reread Kurosawa and finally read Molester Man, dang I love these kind of stories with happy endings :')

Are there other manga by this author or similar to these worth reading?
Read Tsunbaka and Koganeiro.

Zweizer

Banned
Onani Master Kurosawa & Molester Man

Just reread Kurosawa and finally read Molester Man, dang I love these kind of stories with happy endings :')

Are there other manga by this author or similar to these worth reading?

Along with what Akito suggested, Husky & Medley should also be up your alley, if you're fine with yuri.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's crazy to think I actually dropped Bleach after reading it for so many years. Its basically just a parody of itself now.

Revo

I remember somebody in this thread shared a harem and reincarnation LN where the MC married all of his love interest and the story keep continue after that. Anybody know what is this?

Mushoku Tensei
fits this but I don't know if that's what it was

Revo

Nisekoi 193

this moment would work so much better if Marika was actually going to win
also the mother just gonna be 'why didn't anyone save me like this/why is my daughter the one who gets to be saved instead of me' which doesn't help her case at all in my book

bobohoro

Nisekoi 193

Am I a bad person for clearly having thought the best way to end this would be Chitoge overshooting Marika, her missing Raku and going splat on the pathway below? Had it all running in my head, nicely panneled and all. That catch never happened for me.

Nisekoi 193

overly strong people like this are instead left to defend some random high-school kids love/friendship... I mean she just casually destroyed a wall leaving a massive gap

I am just reading the waves now so whatever... oh and the Mom is overly salty

Boku no Hero 66

Lol the Principal is a maniac..... He literally made a lab rat maze for them

Revo

Fire Brigade of Flames 6

don't like this brother still alive development
also seems infinitely too early to be learning anything like this

Jaxec

My Hero Academia 66

Loved this chapter. Really glad the other team tests are being shown. Tsuyu best girl confirmed this chapter. Good teamwork from all the pairs and the principal is a a monster.
Looking forward to the next chapter.

627.gif

Puruzi

Banned
Nisekoi 193

All I continue to get from this is that the entire manga should have been like the oneshot, and it would have been exponentially better.

Genuinely like Nisekoi when it gets like this.

Umibozu

Nisekoi 193
Wooo, the arc is moving towards its conclusion

Nisekoi 193

overly strong people like this are instead left to defend some random high-school kids love/friendship... I mean she just casually destroyed a wall leaving a massive gap

I am just reading the waves now so whatever... oh and the Mom is overly salty
Her mom is salty because she was stuck in a constricting environment with no way out, so she's jealous of her daughter's supportive circle of friends. Somehow if she puts her daughter through what she went through she could justify it to herself.

Huh, so the Screaming Lessons continuation is actually being treated as a new series (subtitle: Reincarnation ?). If Yomi's still Yomi-ing then I'm assuming there weren't any major developments for her around the intermission.

Nisekoi 193

The suspension bridge effect should now kick in, meaning Raku'll realise his feelings for best girl and the arc/plot will be redeemed. Or something. I believe.

Usobuko

Banned
Alice in Borderland volume 10

I actually only read half the volume, because half of the volume is devoted to special chapters. I always hate it when volumes do that.

Anyways, the best thing to come out of this volume was toward the end when
Usagi manages the jump while her chaser doesn't
and her subsequent statement. I guess that was a fine point to end the (half)volume, though I wanted to see Arisu's choice bear fruits.

This guy and his teammates are dope.

I love it when four of them challenge the base to get 10,000 points.

Big One

Banned
One Piece 806

Okay chapter but really wish there wasn't a break next week, especially after the cliffhanger. Curious to see wtf Sanji is doing as well as Jack.

The Minks licking the Strawhats is weird as hell.

Bleach 650

What the fuck is supposed to be going on?

Shokugeki no Souma 142

Awesome chapter as usual. Souma going to wreck this loser.

Toriko 346

I thought this series was ending, but guess not. More worldbuilding.

My Hero Academia 66

Finally a big reveal for the Principal. Nice to see Froggy and Shadow make it through.

Marche90

Nisekoi 193

Shame about Marika not winning the race. Quirks aside, she's pretty decent.

Shokugeki no Soma 142

Can you feel it? The excitement is in the air. BREAK HIM!!

Prison School So catching up on the manga after the anime. I know they did some risque scenes in the anime, but how the fuck are they going to animate
Kate and Mari 69'ing each other?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Toriko

Will be sad once this series ends ;_______; It's clear that the author is rushing this (unlike the Horse King arc or Monkey King arc where he took his time), and yet it manages to be awesome and awesome and awesome nonetheless.

Bleach

To all of you who said "I don't know what's going on"... really? It's very easy to understand what's going on in this chapter. Note that by saying it's easy to understand does not mean I'm saying it's high quality or anything, hahaha.

One Piece

You just can't resist adorning Nami with such ridiculous outfit, can you Oda? Still, this arc seems interesting so far.

random25

Nisekoi 193

Some more action. Something to highlight this arc.

Prison School So catching up on the manga after the anime. I know they did some risque scenes in the anime, but how the fuck are they going to animate
Kate and Mari 69'ing each other?

Will there be a season 2?

Bleach is occasionally good when key characters appear, but its just not interesting enough to discuss or think about after Monday. Sadly Im locked into buying it until the end or else Ill have an incomplete bookshelf.

random25

Tomo-chan 198

I want to be your number 1 too, Misuzu-chan!

IDK how it did ratings wise, but they did introduce new characters and pretty much set up the next arc with the last 2 minutes of so or of the season.

So I would think and hope so.

I hope so too. Despite my pessimism towards the anime adaptation at first, the first season turned out really well.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Platinum End was okay, if not a bit generic. Heavy Death Note vibes. I'm interested to see how it turns out. Art is pretty good even though the art style is weird. From angelic to suicide scenes, the style kind of morphs and almost clashes. I'll keep reading for now though. Liked both death note and bakuman.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
The Shokugeki Department head is surely going to interject somehow as well. Those are 2/3 pieces of the puzzle. Maybe that's enough.

Arex

Shokugeki 142

I hope this goes back to cooking manga soon, really hate where the last few chapters went.

Also fuck Eizan, I really want him expelled lol
Surely what he's done will get out of the school and destroy the school's reputation!

Jaxec

Shokugeki no Soma 142

Eizan seems really cartoonishly evil. And with the heavy mood that's currently set I don't know if I like it. Well we'll see how it goes.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Platinum End- This looks neat. Their real strength has always been the long game, and I can already see the elements in it. Curious where it will go.

As interesting timing... because of Nanowrimo I want to read something that was basically just love for stories, so I started rereading Bakuman...

Bakuman 1-21 Between this and Platinum End, I would chose this honestly. Atleast in terms of first chapters. The Characters here are both fun and surprisingly earnest. What really makes this great for me, and what I am sure Platinum End is going to lack(a lot of manga do) is the wide breath of expressions. There are so many great faces in this. I don't think there is enough credit for good expressive characters, they really add character are humanity to a story. More than a super dark backstory. Just... man this is good. Only 20 chapters but it's already had quite a few good moments. I forgot about Eiji and how ridiculous he was.

Shokugeki 142

I hope this goes back to cooking manga soon, really hate where the last few chapters went.

Also fuck Eizan, I really want him expelled lol
Surely what he's done will get out of the school and destroy the school's reputation!

Yeah, I mean I don't get how his etiquette fits in with the evil chairman's plan at all...he is showing the opposite of 'class'. Also, if he wins this then...It is about time that Soma took on and defeated somebody from the elite ten. Also, I don't if he beats him this will mean he has surpassed Erina...It is obvious she has more promise than the 1st seat...

Man, Platinum End's delivery of the MC's backstory was like the most inorganic shit ever. Like wouldn't everything have more impact if the first half was just following a typical day for him and we get to witness first hand the abuse he suffers all building up to his attempted suicide? Y'know rather than a character fucking explaining it to us through dialogue and no the accompanying illustrations don't make it less hamfisted. Other than that it's pretty much Mirai Nikki but with better art and probably incredibly long monologues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom