• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhapsody

Banned
Domestic na Kanojo 70

Well that's a surprise. Natsuo won first place and now he's mistaken Rui for Hina because of a wig.
Rui was blushing a ton after that hug.

upandaway

One Piece

Haha what, licking and biting Luffy all the time. Now I really hope they get a girl mink on board.

Gotta wonder what's going on with Sanji but man, that guy can't catch a break. That's crazy. Oda please just let Sanji accomplish something, poor guy.
If there's no crisis CURRENTLY going on on the island then... well, dunno. I doubt resolving the Sanji issue will take an entire big arc (though I'm speculating that the predicament he's in is due to Jack). I guess they'll meet up with Bepo and then go after Jack? I really don't know.

We'll see anyway, getting good vibes from this arc so I'm excited. But I got good vibes from Dressrosa too and that ended up dragging so who knows.

Shokugeki no Soma

Eh to be honest with you this chapter made me lose the point of all of this. Like guy, you wanna be a jerk for no reason, go knock yourself out, but I don't really feel anything about that.
"want to break soma" made me just go "oh whatever dude"

I really really need to know what's going on with Kuga and Isshiki

My Hero Academia

Heheyy froppy, so cool.
Looks like so far only Yaoyorozu team and Deku team actually gained something from those handicap weights. Good on the rest who still came through despite that.

I wonder if the dog chief is also super smart or something similar

Jaxec

Shokugeki no Soma

Eh to be honest with you this chapter made me lose the point of all of this. Like guy, you wanna be a jerk for no reason, go knock yourself out, but I don't really feel anything about that.

Basically how I feel.

rrc1594

Ana Satsujin 93

Wow SMH you couldn't be more creative. I hate when amnesia is used as a plot point, it's always the same shit. TBH why would you want her to remember she was a mass murder.

D-Gray Man ~current

I think the phrase I'd use for this series is overly convoluted. The series excels when the concept and stakes are kept simple and becomes a bloated mess when it tried to incorporate too many elements making the plot hard to follow even before the hiatus mess that the series went though. I get bleach vibes in how some of the best main characters like Lenalee and Raba don't do anything or even appear for long stretches of a time usually when the plot decides to get lost in its own nonsense. It really feels like the author changed their plan for where they wanted the story to go over the constant hiatuses leading to things like the young boy exorcist getting an arc and an unique power to never be used again.

I like D Gray Man but it can be hard to recommend as its all over the place in terms of quality.

Man, Platinum End's delivery of the MC's backstory was like the most inorganic shit ever. Like wouldn't everything have more impact if the first half was just following a typical day for him and we get to witness first hand the abuse he suffers all building up to his attempted suicide? Y'know rather than a character fucking explaining it to us through dialogue and no the accompanying illustrations don't make it less hamfisted. Other than that it's pretty much Mirai Nikki but with better art and probably incredibly long monologues.

Why draw and tell us a story we've heard in media many times already?

Russ T

Banned
One Piece

Haha what, licking and biting Luffy all the time. Now I really hope they get a girl mink on board.

Haha for real, it's damn weird.

I actually like it, because real animals actually do that. I just hope it never gets, uh, sexual in nature. I imagine it won't, though, because for all of Oda's tendency to draw sexy women, there's very little actual sex. Beyond Sanji's general perviness, at least.

Speaking of Sanji... Damn break next week so we have to wait even longer to find out what happened to him. ):

Man waiting for the next Prison School chapter to come out kinda sucks after going through the entire series in a few days. Although it's refreshing to be following a series that isn't Berserk or HxH lol.

Man waiting for the next Prison School chapter to come out kinda sucks after going through the entire series in a few days. Although it's refreshing to be following a series that isn't Berserk or HxH lol.

That's why you gotta pick up multiple series that way the wait for each isn't as bad as you have something new every day.

Umibozu

Nachun 1
This guy (ishii mistunari) is insane. He thinks he found some secret to the universe(dolphin communication?).

Nachun 2
Gen is a jerk, dolphin girl can't talk. He went to see the dolphins and she had a nervous breakdown afterwards. I thought he did something to harm the dolphins but she was just jealous that he played with (her?) dolphins.

Nachun 3
Gen is suicidal. Mitsu decides to try to go diving alone, when he runs into dolphin girl at the pier she anchors him to her boat. Mitsu is left there until night time until she comes back to untie him. She gives him a meal but pushes him afterwards as a message that she still doesn't like him.

Series is good, hope it doesn't devolve into guy trying to get girl though.

Kurobas x Hinomaru Zumou
CTIBC-MUwAE_wWx.jpg:large

Such a hilarious crossover, when Kise used perfect copy to copy everything lolol.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma

He's going for the long game in being a dick to Soma. I don't know though, he drew with Kuga and lost to Hayama, its pretty much Soma's chance to actually pick up W.

(The dorm throws another drunken rager to celebrate)

Kurita

Prison School Drama Ep.1

Exactly the kind of cheap and trashy/lowbrow fun you want from a late-night drama.
That and kickass theme songs by HaKU and GOOD ON THE REEL made this quite enjoyable.

Revo

Yuusha ga Shinda! Murabito no Ore ga Hotta Otoshiana ni Yuusha ga Ochita Kekka. 38

no one is safe from extra page lewdness

The Furou Siblings 0-5.2 (END)
A spooky shoujo story about two twins who glue themselves together (figuratively) to repel spirits they unwittingly attract. Came for the ghosts, stayed for the healthy sibling relationship and slightly morbid humour. I'm heartbroken by how short this was, since the setup was right up my alley, and it could've enjoyed a long lifespan by splicing the episodic ghost encounters with developments in the pair's relationship. Still, even with its premature burial it's further evidence that I can really enjoy shoujo
when there's no romantic focus.

Platinum End 1

Hard to really judge where this is going to go, then again the same held true for Deathnote after one chapter. Seems promising enough and the art is fantastic look forward to reading more of this.

Bossun

Soma 142

Ugh I hate this arc.
Wish the shokugeki end soon and eizan finally shut up.
Also the new principal is ridiculous. Wouldn't what he's doing ruin the notoriety of the school? Can't the students leave and the school has no meaning at all and the principal is just ruling empty buildings?

It's time for Soma to win against a elite ten too. So he's finally seen as a threat to the director.

Pachael

AKB49 253 (Raw)

My eyes are a little wet. *sniff*

He basically laid it out there for all of them, especially for Hiroko. I really liked that the character's were responding to the contents of the letter as they were running around. I also how the author set up the scene in the next chapter. Only those two would know this and it totally makes sense.

I can't wait to read the next chapter.

I've felt that the third epoch was a bit lacking and lean despite the possibilities the new world had lent our protagonists, however it's core strength built over the story was always the interactions with the other members, and Hiroko too.

I still have the faith in the writers - the final arc has been strong so far, and seems to rationalise the early finish (the story was more on their relationship rather than the world beating idols, and I think they've decided early on to make the end dates the same)

Gakuen Dragon Slayer

regular kids get transported to a fantasy world to fend off dragons
expect the source of their power is their purity

not bad, the princess is a jerk though, lol
and finally we have a premise where a harem protag can be the strongest

Soma 142

Ugh I hate this arc.
Wish the shokugeki end soon and eizan finally shut up.
Also the new principal is ridiculous. Wouldn't what he's doing ruin the notoriety of the school? Can't the students leave and the school has no meaning at all and the principal is just ruling empty buildings?

It's time for Soma to win against a elite ten too. So he's finally seen as a threat to the director.

This whole arc has really been kind of bad, to be honest. If your school is build on a reputation for producing wildly varied, skilled, and creative cooks, why woudl you turn it into a factory to produce cookie cutter clones of a handful of cooks? Why eat at restaurant A instead of B if every one tastes the exact same?

Furthermore, if the contests are now rigged, how do they even chose the elite ten? IF a real school did this, you'd have faculty walkouts, Alumni pulling funds, and the press slaughtering the school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom