• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

phaze

part 3 spinoff that is about how sakura spends her days waiting for sasuke to come back once in ten years

a man can dream

That would probably be better than whatever they will come up with. Top tier comedy.

TG :re spoilers
Stop it Ishida ... Not the only quinx worth a damn.

Also, Noro best and most handsome girl.

Zweizer

Banned
Delusional Love ch4

dAT0XLx.png

And here we go.

I've been reading Berserk this past month and i've reached the part where the gang just begun their boat trip. (Chapter 289) What year when the chapter released lol? Must be infuriating for a long-time follower.

phaze

I've been reading Berserk this past month and i've reached the part where the gang just begun their boat trip. (Chapter 289) What year when the chapter released lol? Must be infuriating for a long-time follower.

From the ot:
I just looked it up: It has indeed been eight years since the Japanese release of the chapter in which they boarded the ship (Ch. 278, Vol. 32).

December 5 of 2007 in the tankobon format so I guess a few months earlier in the magazine ?

Jaxec

Delusional Love 1-4

Yep. This girl looks like trouble. Decided to peep the complete raws......

LOL! Laugh out fucking loud! This bitch is crazy! Like...this she's fucking insane!

Zweizer

Banned
Ore ga Ojou-sama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" Toshite Rachirareta Ken ch48

My popcorn is ready. Hopefully there'll be tons of fireworks.

Food Wars 145
CVFCcJiWcAAfrgW.png

Best Soma. Loved how with Eizan's character is its easy for people to get what they want from him, he ended up giving in to Soma just from that little tease, lol.

Buddystrike 3
CVE--lRXAAAtGhE.png
CVE_3W1WwAgzLmc.png

I hope this continues because the baseball is pretty intense and it was just the third chapter.

Definitely voting for this again.

Berserk 342

986 - Leif Erikson lands in Greenland.
1492 - Christopher Columbus lands in the New World.
1519 - Magellan circumnavigates the world.
2015 - Guts and his JRPG party reach Elfheim. History has been made once again.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It still makes me laugh that Orochimaru gets away scot-free. He didn't even really turn face, he just got away with everything he did without any repercussions to the point he can send his kids to Ninja School like a normal person.

I feel like there is now hope Berserk will actually finish at some point.
None for HxH though, there hasn't been a chapter this entire year, Togashi has at least managed a chapter a year. Not this time.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It still makes me laugh that Orochimaru gets away scot-free. He didn't even really turn face, he just got away with everything he did without any repercussions to the point he can send his kids to Ninja School like a normal person.

That's why he's the best villain in the series.

phaze

Brilliant subversion of shounen genre. Kishi da gawd.

Arabesque

I hope Ashihara's hospitalisation isn't an indication his condition has gotten worse. World Trigger probably needs to switch to being a monthly manga if only to lessen the burden on his health.

Also Tabata had been getting motivated by watching Aoi Honō lol. I worry if he's going to get strange ideas now.

Opinions on Panlong?

Saw that it was...ridiculously well ranked, gave the first chapter a go, but not quite feeling it.

Tbh when sorting for ranked user score, its quite fascinating how well positioned a lot of manhua get.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi

Good job recommitting yourselves to not doing anything everyone

Angry Grimace

Shokugeki no Soma

Why is Rindou not a main character? She's great every time she does basically anything. I'm pretty sure Soma's actual specialty has changed from the Yukihira Style to just stuffing shit with meat.

Revo

Opinions on Panlong?

Saw that it was...ridiculously well ranked, gave the first chapter a go, but not quite feeling it.

Tbh when sorting for ranked user score, its quite fascinating how well positioned a lot of manhua get.

pretty sure the manhua is nearly universally reviled by people who have read the translation of the cn if they compare them (no clue on how well it holds on it own)

think the trend is that any adapted cns are badly adapted and any blood/gore/etc is removed

cn is alright though

Zweizer

Banned
Katsute Kami Datta Kemono-tachi e ch6

Not particularily outstanding of a backstory. At least things should get interesting next.

Seven Seas licensed Lord Marksman and Vanadis

Seven Seas Entertainment is pleased to announce the acquisition of the epic fantasy manga series, Lord Marksman and Vanadis.

Lord Marksman and Vanadis has received a critically-acclaimed anime adaptation which has been licensed by FUNimation in North America. A sweeping swords-and-sorcery tale of two nations at war, Lord Marksman and Vanadis is the story of a beautiful and deadly warrior who makes a fateful decision to spare one archer’s life.

"If you like archery and epic fantasy with some harem thrown in, you’ll love Lord Marksman and Vanadis," said Seven Seas publisher Jason DeAngelis. "This series is a great fit for the Seven Seas library, alongside such fan favorites as Dragonar Academy, Magika Swordsman and Summoner, and the Sacred Blacksmith."

The country of Zhcted is ruled by seven women known as the Vanadis, a group of warriors who are given powerful weapons and dominion over the country’s seven territories. Taking advantage of its neighboring nations’ civil unrest, Zhcted goes to war against the country of Brune. In a battle that decimates Brune’s army, the brave, young Brune nobleman Tigrevurmund Vorn meets the beautiful Eleonara Viltaria—one of the Vanadis.

Impressed with his skill as an archer, Elen allows Tigre to live in exchange for his servitude. But the battle is far from over, and extends further than either of them could have imagined. Tigre and his new mistress become caught in the middle of a plot that threatens not only their homelands, but the entire world.

Seven Seas will publish Lord Marksman and Vanadis for the first time in print in North America as single volumes. Each book will contain multiple color pages and inserts. The first volume will be released on September 13, 2016 for $12.99 USA / $14.99 CAN.

I hope Ashihara's hospitalisation isn't an indication his condition has gotten worse. World Trigger probably needs to switch to being a monthly manga if only to lessen the burden on his health.

Also Tabata had been getting motivated by watching Aoi Honō lol. I worry if he's going to get strange ideas now.

Could possibly just be for a checkup, maybe? I really hope it isn't a sign of his condition worsening. I'd much rather prefer the one-off breaks every now and then that we have instead of a monthly. Whatever is best for his health though.

World Trigger 123

Time for Osamu to git gud. Especially with Izumi commentating next match, looking forward to it. Although I have a feeling the match itself will be interrupted by the invasion.

Revo

To Love-Ru Darkness 61

maybe darkness will get jiggy with it when rito has one of his moments
surely a few seconds there is all she needs

Nanatsu no Tazai

so are those Merlin Scouter Earings made from that Dolor/Balor guys other eye? Seeing as he clearly lost it

or is it by a spear... since Norse mythology

Erigu

Nobody posted the cover of I Am a Hero vol.18?
It has Asano on it :lol
Well, that's actually a character called Asada (introduced in the previous volume), but I guess he may indeed be based on Asano?
(Asada is a piece of shit though.)

Spotted Flower ch17
So this happened even in the alternate universe?
Makes me wonder how it'll go in the main series.
It might not be an alternate universe after all. I mean, there's no contradiction, so far.

That's why he's the best villain in the series.
Or because the series has the worst good guys.
"Oh, man, did you steal somebody else's body in order to stay young, again? As the current Hokage, I almost feel like I should be doing something about that..."

Buddy Strike 3

This series is terrible it took 3 chapters to get to the point chapter 1 should have covered. This series is gonna die in 6 months.

Could possibly just be for a checkup, maybe? I really hope it isn't a sign of his condition worsening. I'd much rather prefer the one-off breaks every now and then that we have instead of a monthly. Whatever is best for his health though.

World Trigger 123

Time for Osamu to git gud. Especially with Izumi commentating next match, looking forward to it. Although I have a feeling the match itself will be interrupted by the invasion.

Mikumo getting good?
tumblr_n7a5033D5M1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Russ T

Banned
I decided to read the original ONE version of One Punch Man. Not quite caught up, somewhere around chapter... 60? 70? EDIT: 81!

Man Pri-Pri Prisoner really just gets worse and worse. Yuck. Also Sheman Slicer? Really? Ugh.

Tatsumaki, though, what a fun character.

---

Also read all of the available Dungeon Meshi. Man I love this manga. Would make a perfect video game, too...

Quasar

It's not anything particularily outstanding, but it can be an interesting 'what if'. There aren't a lot of chapters either, so there's that.

Well beyond the whole whatif, I find it and interesting/amusing exploration of this kind of couple. But then until it was mentioned to me I not even considered the connection...though thats probably mostly because I didn't realise it was the same writer.

I really do hope it doesn't get ended before the child is born. Otaku as parent would be fun too I feel.

Zweizer

Banned
Well beyond the whole whatif, I find it and interesting/amusing exploration of this kind of couple. But then until it was mentioned to me I not even considered the connection...though thats probably mostly because I didn't realise it was the same writer.

I really do hope it doesn't get ended before the child is born. Otaku as parent would be fun too I feel.

Yeah the couple itself is amusing as well, though I'd have thought the similarities were obvious considering it's by the same author and artist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom