• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Prison school 186
Lol young risa hairdo. Must have been fan of punk fashion. Andre is not a friend?! I'm sure s&m friend count...

Gakumon 2

All ge want is a friend to play catch ball

Conan-san

WSJ 37/38

All strong showings this week except for World Trigger because fuck if this can't actauly do anything other than be TRAINING ARC; THE MANGA.

Silly question... why don't Manga and Manhwa authors have Patreon or Paypal donation pages? It feels like so many people would be moved to give if they knew how.

I would rather buy their books than give via paypal, I get nothing in return via paypal, additionally, isnt it questionable that for most their books arent even in my native tongue? Guess Id give to bl manga folks, and then to LN people like Kawahara, Narita, and Seraph of the End staff.

Zweizer

Banned
Honto no Kanojo ch12

SKwBBuU.png

They continue to be so cute (in their own way)~

There's nothing wrong with taking a bath together!

Tegami Bachi 72-81
Mass update, not sure if we're up to date with Japan now or not but does look like Tegami Bachi is in its final arc. Those feels in ch. 81 when Lag wrote that letter to Sylvette and that dinner party.

dani_dc

I mentioned this in AnimeGAF, but it took me three days to realise I'm actually staying practically right on Ikebukuro's Otome Road. lol. I guess I'll go in the local animate and see how Otome it gets

The Animate actually moved out of Otome Road, they still have the collaboration coffe there but the store itself is some 5-10 minutes away from Otome Road.

Be sure to check Mandrake!

There's also a store (outside of Otome road but not far away) that's filled with games oriented to females, I didn't realize there were so many PSP Otome games until I went there!

This one:
http://i.imgur.com/QWUwGKl.png
http://i.imgur.com/aHw6p0x.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/oxpRgqe.jpg

And I'm told there's a JoJo fan themed bar somewhere Ikebukuro if that's your thing!

Zweizer

Banned
The Animate actually moved out of Otome Road, they still have the collaboration coffe there but the store itself is some 5-10 minutes away from Otome Road.

Be sure to check Mandrake!

There's also a store (outside of Otome road but not far away) that's filled with games oriented to females, I didn't realize there were so many PSP Otome games until I went there!

This one:
http://i.imgur.com/QWUwGKl.png
http://i.imgur.com/aHw6p0x.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/oxpRgqe.jpg

And I'm told there's a JoJo fan themed bar somewhere Ikebukuro if that's your thing!

Heheh, that's nice. I do wonder what the Jojo-themed bar looks like.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
HIMOUTO

Goddamnit Umaru you coward. Also, for some reason Sylphinford is the most popular character.

dani_dc

Just a bunch of figures? It's a bit underwhelming. (Well, that, and I can't read the menu.)

These are nice figures though.

The food seems to be JoJo themed as well, considering it's a fan Cafe/bar you can't really expect too much of a fancy thing!

Ace of Diamond 257 - 265

Itsuki Mei, favorite battery in this series, though they needed a bit more time this volume. Next volume will be decent but the tears.

Good from Sawamura this volume, when Miyuki wants an outside but Sawamura shakes his head for an inside and the coach steps up a bit was incredible. When Sawamura lands it in the zone even and everyones huge response it was the best moment all volume. Finally he is over yips.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
There's some random holiday which means nothing is coming out this week right?

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Dagashi Kashi 16
Dat cover page...
Don't do drug/bin ramune kid.
This is totally getting an anime announcement soon

Keijo!!!!!!!! 44

Epic last page.

Minamoto no monogatari latest

Minamoto too stronk

Minamoto monogatari

I'm the prettiest

Magi

i decided to revisit this regurgitation of ink lines that people call a manga.

the plot thickens (like the ink)

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
I would rather buy their books than give via paypal, I get nothing in return via paypal, additionally, isnt it questionable that for most their books arent even in my native tongue? Guess Id give to bl manga folks, and then to LN people like Kawahara, Narita, and Seraph of the End staff.

This and also because the barrier of difficulty in getting those item through normal channels remain difficult and extremely expensive. There's also the lesser issue of wanting the author to know where a potential audience may be which is practically impossible if you are able to acquire the item through the authors domestic market.

It's easy when the stuff are translated officially but that rarely ever happens so much. Sometimes I just read something I enjoy so much that I have this heavy lingering feeling of "I work... I can afford this but where do I start?" It's often said that good work that never makes it to the west is money left on the table. Things like Cruncyroll feels like a god-send but I love a similar platform for manga and novels with the same reach and immediacy but it simply doesn't exist... especially since my tastes are so esoteric and can't always be described as successful in terms of domestic sales.

Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo Dorei Majutsu 01

Guy who's the strongest in an MMO gets summoned to said MMO to be the summoned monster of two rival girls, expect they end up being his summoned monsters instead.

Typical toss a guy into a MMO series, but now with a bunny and cat girl as pets. Wonder how lewd it'll get, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom