• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oyasumi Jack the Ripper 01

NQbLe1N.jpg

An executioner gets killed and falls into hell. Now he has to live a normal life with Jack the Ripper.

oh yes, new series by Ninomiya Ai, should be good. will be interesting to see how this develops, the whole human living in hell sounds interesting and her series are always much deeper than they seem

dani_dc

Naruto Special Himawari

All of this chapters are making me sad that we're getting a boring Boruto movie instead of a Sarada or Himawari one.

Ouji-sama ni wa Doku ga Aru 01

She is the childhood friend of the most popular and pretty boy in school and she has been babying him since forever. She's now interested in getting a boyfriend, so how would their relationship change.

Amusing, I like the faces they make here.Not surprising there was a different side of the pretty boy but dunno, seems interesting enough for this series.

dumbyugi

Law of Ueki

This was fantastic. Good characters, fun fights and some cool uses of all the different abilities. The art isn't the best but after the first couple of volumes it's nice enough. I only have a couple of complaints, the first one is that some things are never explained or expanded on. Like when Rinko goes home during the break in round 3 so she can get a special glove, but we never find out what's special about it. My only other complaint is about Hideyoshi, I thought he was a pointless addition to the main cast. I don't think he wins a single fight in the tournament, even Mori beats 2 people and she's the comic relief character. But even then those are only small complaints, and the second one is just me not liking a character. Overall I would highly recommend this to people looking for a good battle shonen.

Art: 7/10
Characters: 9/10
Story: 8/10
Overall: 8.5/10

So should I read Ueki Plus? I've already read Anagle Mole so don't bother telling me to read that next.

upandaway

Law of Ueki

This was fantastic. Good characters, fun fights and some cool uses of all the different abilities. The art isn't the best but after the first couple of volumes it's nice enough. I only have a couple of complaints, the first one is that some things are never explained or expanded on. Like when Rinko goes home during the break in round 3 so she can get a special glove, but we never find out what's special about it. My only other complaint is about Hideyoshi, I thought he was a pointless addition to the main cast. I don't think he wins a single fight in the tournament, even Mori beats 2 people and she's the comic relief character. But even then those are only small complaints, and the second one is just me not liking a character. Overall I would highly recommend this to people looking for a good battle shonen.

Art: 7/10
Characters: 9/10
Story: 8/10
Overall: 8.5/10

So should I read Ueki Plus? I've already read Anagle Mole so don't bother telling me to read that next.
Ueki Plus has a rushed ending due to the author's health, but up until then it's more Ueki, I'd say go for it

dr labson

Neo Member
Hey gaf.

Do any of you guys know of any good manga with proper ninjas? (Like in Mark of the Ninja, not like Naruto, please).
I'm feeling like reading something with ninjas.

Tizoc

Billion Dogs Ch. 1
Huh it gets interesting halfway through, this is one manga you really need to plow through and finish reading its 1st chapter before deciding to drop it or not :p

Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo Dorei Majutsu 01

Guy who's the strongest in an MMO gets summoned to said MMO to be the summoned monster of two rival girls, expect they end up being his summoned monsters instead.

Typical toss a guy into a MMO series, but now with a bunny and cat girl as pets. Wonder how lewd it'll get, lol

These kind of mangas never get lewd enough :V

Usobuko

Banned
Hey gaf.

Do any of you guys know of any good manga with proper ninjas? (Like in Mark of the Ninja, not like Naruto, please).
I'm feeling like reading something with ninjas.

Basically you are looking for the Ninja peers of Vagabond, Lone Wolf and Cub?

I have not read Shinobi no Kuni yet but you might want to give it a shot. Helps that it is kidna short too.

dr labson

Neo Member
Basically you are looking for the Ninja peers of Vagabond, Lone Wolf and Cub?

I have not read Shinobi no Kuni yet but you might want to give it a shot. Helps that it is kidna short too.

Ok, I will give this a try.
I have also never read Lone Wolf and Cub, but if it's anything like Vagabond then I will probably enjoy it.

Revo

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka Gaiden - Sword Oratoria 13

So ais also has some sort of special thing about her.
Also woo the team being able to fight the plant instead of her.

Busaiku

1st round of Marvel's Japanese artist variants are out.
Planet Hulk cover by Hiroyuki Imaishi and Inhumans Attilan Rising cover from Shigeto Koyama.

Really looking forward to the Spider-Man variants from Mr. Murata.

upandaway

Shokugeki no Soma 108

Nice results from the Soma/Hishoko combo, a bit bummed that we didn't see much from Tadokoro. Didn't expect the training thing to be multi stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom