• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
NY Times Top Manga Sellers May 15th - 21st

*1. Monster Musume: I ♥ Monster Girls Vol.1 (NEW)
*2. One-Punch Man Vol.6
*3. Noragami Vol.14 (NEW)
*4. One-Punch Man Vol.1
*5. My Hero Academia Vol.4
*6. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.1
*7. Devil Survivor Vol.5 (NEW)
*8. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.6
*9. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.2
10. One-Punch Man Vol.2

MANUELF

Banned
NY Times Top Manga Sellers May 15th - 21st

*1. Monster Musume: I ♥ Monster Girls Vol.1 (NEW)
*2. One-Punch Man Vol.6
*3. Noragami Vol.14 (NEW)
*4. One-Punch Man Vol.1
*5. My Hero Academia Vol.4
*6. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.1
*7. Devil Survivor Vol.5 (NEW)
*8. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.6
*9. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.2
10. One-Punch Man Vol.2
I though Monster Musume already came out a while back

Soma

I Am A Hero 217

hS7HeqA.png

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Caught up with Vagabond

I can't believe that after that long ass farmer arc, Musashi finally arrives at that one town and then the manga goes on hiatus for over a year now. That's some straight up dickish storytelling.

I shouldn't have googled kojiro sasaki. Damn you, history...

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch337

Carol just can't keep her mouth shut~

I Am a Hero ch218

Well then.

Mindfuckery aside, the sceneries are really beautiful.

Shoujo Apocalypse Adventure 11 - 22

What a depressing world. Although I still think there should be a bit more people around.

Tomo 336 - 337

So Tomo is going to become a real girl? I'm sure that will last long.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Yogen no Natuya (oneshot)
A oneshot by the author of fire punch. A tale about a brother who's trying to protect his little sister, a horned girl that according to a prophecy, will bring a destruction to the world. His little sister got an unique almost chuunibyou syndrome quality, since her words are mostly nonsense about gore like 'dark day darkness blizzard entrails' or "destruction splatter". "Hearth crushed darkness".
I guess the author really like imouto chara.

Zweizer

Banned
AKB49 ch211

Minori's got a tough choice to make.

Ore ga Ojou-sama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" Toshite Rachirareta Ken ch51

Little do they know that everything they're doing is futile.

Revo

Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge 25-26

Wow there are so many tanakas in the school. Nearly one in every class.
Spinoffs inc.

Berserk 48-67

The festival begins.

This is so good. And Griffith is a dumbass. It's his own fault he got tortured, not Guts' fault.

Casca X Guts still the best

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Tokyo Ghoul:re ch. 78

Back-to-back flashback chapters in the middle of big, important fights kind of makes my eyes roll, but this chapter was at least interesting, unlike last week's mess. That last page was actually creepy.

Gintama 589

Glad the fight is over. Wonder what Kamui is going to do now though.

Also, the character poll is interesting, especially with shinpachi forever at #8.
I also like looking at all the low votes, like random characters that only appeared once, or the real life voice actors of the characters.

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch338

Such a ladykiller~

Oshiete! Gyaruko-chan ch18

Judging their size is not that simple~

Kingdom ch475

Shit. He fucking did it.

Revo

Miyuki 1-95 (end)

Had an urge to read something adachi, so decided to read Miyuki.

This is my first Adachi series without sports in it and tbh I didn't miss the sports as much as I thought I would have (still definitely missed it though). Mid game baseball jokes usually got me.

For my tastes, this series had way, WAY too many people that are 2x as old as Miyuki repeatedly coming onto her. I can deal with a bit of it in the other adachi series but there were like at the minimum 4 adult figures who were into Miyuki. The teacher was by far the worst though, following her from middle school. So many of his actions were incredibly creepy and took me out of the manga.

Overall, still was an alright series. Besides the creepy adults it's still full of adachi humor and I love adachi humor. Probably a peg down from the adachi series I've read though.

Musashi-kun to Murayama-san wa Tsukkiate Mita. 8

I will still never in a thousand years understand why Japan is still so MUST NOT TELL ANYBODY ABOUT OUR COMPLETELY NORMAL, UNINTERESTING AND STANDARD RELATIONSHIP. Whatever, they finally interested a new character and she's kinda funny so that's a'ight.

Black Clover 63

I think the main strength, and in a way weakness, of this manga is the pace at which it moves. They really never slow down for anything and as a result the characters feel very one note and underdeveloped but also it never gets bogged down or makes it a slog to read. Fights are fun, humor is silly, it's just kinda a good mindless read.

Gintama 589

Now punch him in the dick for being such a cock.

Not Lives 43

Oh my god stop pulling stuff out of your ass and just fight with the powers that you've developed in the manga to this point. Emperor Gentleman is fucking boring as shit.

D-Frag! 79

Surprisingly weak chapter.

Tsuiteru Kanojo. 11

Oh my god I'm only reading this because there aren't exactly a ton of non-hentai futanari manga out there, especially involving developing relationships, but I was expecting way too much out of Japan for it to be written with any sort of deftness or intelligence. The fujoshi character is just...the worst. Like, she is just human fucking garbage and I want her to die. The MC is likewise just terrible. He doesn't deserve Futaba who is such a wonderful person. All of his homophobia and worries and whininess and...just ugh. If her having a dick bothers you that much then DON'T FUCKING DATE HER. I know futanari is a sorta made up cop out to trans issues (ignoring the real situation of hermaphrodites) but jesus christ Japan.

Haly. Is that avatar a cat or a dog.

Technically neither. It's the spirit thingy from Re:Zero. More like a cat then a dog though, but still kinda...nebulously animalian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom