• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zweizer

Banned
Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction ch33

Isobenyan is totes the key to peace.

uPgaHnL.png

Fluorine am cry

Maga-Tsuki ch57

He can be quite crafty.

Boku no Hero Academia 92

Okay I was scared for a sec

I assumed All Might might die in a state of misery that would effect everyone so dramatically and likely make the whole rescue mission a failure since Bakugou would likely see All Might as pathetic or something

still that could happen but the other real issue is that All Might's predecessor's (which is surprisingly a female) grandchild is
Tomura Shigaraki

but quite honestly that might screw with All Might but for future One for All users? Not really since his predecessor was the 7th One for All user.

What would be more impactful for Deku is All Might's Death which is basically sealed now

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction ch. 33

I really need an Isobeyan series after Demon's wraps up.

So much manga today, I always start with Bleach to set my expectations as low as possible

Bleach 675

this couldve been cool 200 chapters ago.

One Piece 827

Big Mom looks flatter then I expected, I expected her to be far more grotesque. This utopia smells more bullshit then Griffith's, Big Mom is pretty brutal and doesn't seem to care much for the common person.

Wouldn't a town of chocolate melt in a day?

HxH 355

How the hell is this legal lmao

Losing a hand isn't a big deal for Hisoka, he's lost an arm before in a less serious fight. But who knows if Machi would patch him up this time around.

BokuHero 92

That was a good chapter. I like Bakugou a little bit more now but he's still a shit, hopefully All Might dying will whip him into shape.

I knew that whoever killed All Might would try to make a scene out of it but at this point it looks like he's just going to be Martyred and it will throw all the heroes into a frenzy, which may be the goal anyway.

Kyuur

Hero Academia

Fantastic chapter; I'm not entirely sure how this arc will end. Lots of people are gunning for All Might to die but I honestly think it might be counter productive for it to happen during this battle. Maybe he will be severely injured and pass away as the result of his injuries afterwards, or be permanently incapacitated in some other way.

With that being said, I'm having an internal struggle on whether I want to keep reading the manga. The anime's quality, so far, is top notch. I need them to announce that a second season will air before I can decide!

Toriko

Its unfortunate that this is now suffering many of the same problems at Bleach; at best the characters have wildly inconsistent power and move sets that fall under their general 'umbrella'. Every action is just a wild asspull justified by 'lol demons' instead of 'lol zanpakuto'.

Hopefully the kings show up and we get some awesome monster on monster action soon. Everytime they do the manga evolves into Chimera Ant arc-like quality, at least for a chapter or two.

LeleSocho

Banned
Hunter X Hunter - 355
:Q___ __ _
Based Togashi.

One Piece - 827
Last thing i expected was Pudding being this friendly, we have to see if she'll keep it up now that she knows he's Luffy.

Boku no Hero Academia - 92
Am I alone in thinking that seeing on how things are proceeding we should have had more informations on the characters that are being talked about?
I still don't want to believe in All Might's death though...

What are you guys posting?

I just got antivirus alert from gyfcats or something on the past page?
i didn't get anything but check post for post to see who/what is responsible for it.

Revo

Maga-Tsuki 57

Sometimes a plan comes together so well and then you just can't stick the landing.
deserved it though

Shokugeki no Soma ch168

So we basically got a recap with some little extra fun bits to fill in the gap

rather what will happen is that Soma will prepare the dish and it won't be nearly as close to his dads but they'll laugh it off and get closer as "friends" ahem ahem

but lol that her so called time with Soma's dad is just one day

Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction 33

How the hell did that alien get undiscovered for this long?

Cross Manage 29

Oh hell yeah. We on now. I love the Choran girls, this mangaka is really good at injecting personality into his ensemble in very few pages.

Tomo 335

Carol is still the best.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 129

Really liking this Shishido arc. She's getting some much needed development.

Inuyashiki 57

Nothing happened!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma ch168

So we basically got a recap with some little extra fun bits to fill in the gap

rather what will happen is that Soma will prepare the dish and it won't be nearly as close to his dads but they'll laugh it off and get closer as "friends" ahem ahem

but lol that her so called time with Soma's dad is just one day
They're gonna eat the dish and then have sex. That's what Reddit told me.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Gotten back into Vagabond, stopped reading it about six months ago since I got hooked something else, just got done reading chapter 294.

Wish it had an ending, I'm gonna hate getting to the last chapter and then waiting months for a new one, like with Berserk.

Dat Hunter x Hunter, so good.

Shokugeki, Erina ship finally setting sail :'v

She'll probably fall in love but just go with the tsundere act for a while longer.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
ah well I have no professional status like reddit so just ignore my previous amature prediction

It's Erina we're talking about anyways. She probably considers being in a boy's room and eating his food to be equivalent to intercourse.

It's Erina we're talking about anyways. She probably considers being in a boy's room and eating his food to be equivalent to intercourse.

lol I forgot about this

she is going to go to Azami when he takes her back and say she some crazy shit that would likely make people misinterpret the situation

Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! ch.334 - 335
Cotton Candy's too honest to keep a tight lid on anything.

Tejina Sempai ch.1
Decided to give this one a shot. Decent first impression from the main characters, Tejina's magic trick blunders were pretty cute.

Will continue reading.

Revo

My Hero Academia 92

I'm glad they didn't have too much on the flashback front. Too much flashback would have taken me out of this fight which I definitely don't want.
Good reveal as well, giving us more of a reason to care about both the past, present, and future.

El Sloth

Banned
Noramimi

hRmK2M6l.jpg

This is probably the sweetest, most innocent thing I've ever read. Sweet, but also very very bittersweet. Definitely one of the most distinctly Japanese things I've read (maybe a strange thing to say in a thread only about Japanese comics). It has a very simple concept: what if "freeloading mascots", characters like Doraemon, were both real and ubiquitous?

It's prime material for humorous gags and good-natured shenanigans. Not a surprise given the original mascot mangas this is inspired from, but the author could have easily taken the grimdark edge route with the premise. So I think it's something worth noting. That's not to say to this is all rainbows and sunshine, it does explore certain... 'darker' sides...

No, but really it does occasionally go to some fairly tragic places.

One of the things that stand out to me about this comic is just the abnormal amount of world-building. Seriously! This comic about cute anthropomorphic creatures wanting to play and have fun with kids has more legit interesting world-building in it's ~70 chapters than most series', eastern or western, ever attempt to do in their whole runs. Well, it still ain't got shit on Centaur's Worries. That comic seems to exist solely for the author to flex his stuff.

Some may be initially turned off by the art, but I find it very appropriate for the story and characters it presents. It has it's own charm to it.

The thing about Noramimi is you just feel happier after reading a few chapters, even the heartbreaking ones. The character are all so likable and the motivations so pure. Although, I was personally pretty disappointed with it's ending. All the Dottari chapters more than make up for that though.

It's a really good comic. It's a damn shame how it seems to have gotten largely overlooked by western manga fans. No doubt because it lacks a certain flashiness. It may not be flashy, but it's chock full of Good Stuffs™.

It's also really short, so just go read it, ya bums!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom