• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFlow

Banned
Haikyuu 207

Seems like Hinata is going to need some super training opportunity to keep up.
I want him to train with Hinata but I think he will be at the all japan training camp.
latest

the freshmen need the most training for sure

LeleSocho

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! - 336
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! so it isn't cross-dressing!
But can you imagine Jun falling in love with this feminine Tomo lookalike? eheheheh

Also those ingots were gold after all!

Zweizer

Banned
Noramimi

hRmK2M6l.jpg

This is probably the sweetest, most innocent thing I've ever read. Sweet, but also very very bittersweet. Definitely one of the most distinctly Japanese things I've read (maybe a strange thing to say in a thread only about Japanese comics). It has a very simple concept: what if "freeloading mascots", characters like Doraemon, were both real and ubiquitous?

It's prime material for humorous gags and good-natured shenanigans. Not a surprise given the original mascot mangas this is inspired from, but the author could have easily taken the grimdark edge route with the premise. So I think it's something worth noting. That's not to say to this is all rainbows and sunshine, it does explore certain... 'darker' sides...

No, but really it does occasionally go to some fairly tragic places.

One of the things that stand out to me about this comic is just the abnormal amount of world-building. Seriously! This comic about cute anthropomorphic creatures wanting to play and have fun with kids has more legit interesting world-building in it's ~70 chapters than most series', eastern or western, ever attempt to do in their whole runs. Well, it still ain't got shit on Centaur's Worries. That comic seems to exist solely for the author to flex his stuff.

Some may be initially turned off by the art, but I find it very appropriate for the story and characters it presents. It has it's own charm to it.

The thing about Noramimi is you just feel happier after reading a few chapters, even the heartbreaking ones. The character are all so likable and the motivations so pure. Although, I was personally pretty disappointed with it's ending. All the Dottari chapters more than make up for that though.

It's a really good comic. It's a damn shame how it seems to have gotten largely overlooked by western manga fans. No doubt because it lacks a certain flashiness. It may not be flashy, but it's chock full of Good Stuffs™.

It's also really short, so just go read it, ya bums!!!

Nicely written. Noramimi is one of these series that's somewhat slow to grab you, but once it does, it never lets you go.

pbayne

Finished Teppu recently. First series i finished in a long time and it sucks that i heard the author is sick and its basically done because it had so much potential for more. I love how it showed from a different perspective how obsessive and manic your average sports protagonist actually looks like.
Its got me back in the mood to actually finish/start things i've been holding off forever like GTO, Gantz, Slam Dunk etc. Also so hyped for Cardcaptor Sakura returning next month,
please be good, please be good.

Jintor

i think teppu pretty clearly ended before it was meant to. It really kinda just peters out. Fantastic start though, and the best... protagonist... in ages.

LeleSocho

Banned
Lady Luck smiled upon me today.
2oRb.png

Now to see what cool manga I can get.
All those parenthesis almost makes it look like a scam lol

Also so hyped for Cardcaptor Sakura returning next month,
please be good, please be good.

Oh gosh almost forgot about this... i'm so nervous!
Teppu was great, too bad for the abrupt ending but considering that it wasn't so bad.

Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To: The Geniuses' War of Love and Brains 20

I always enjoy seeing French being used correctly.

I loved the little (mdr)
French equivalent of "lol"
in Betsy's speech bubble

bobohoro

One Piece 827

I have a feeling this might become one of the darker OP-arcs.
And if Pudding isn't somehow a totally split personality sadistic murderer pirate, Sanji's got no excuse to turn her down. She's downright made for him.
Maybe even literally, depending on Big Moms crew power.

Boku No Hero Academia 92

Well, that's pretty twisted.
Great chapter, outcome will be intense.

Lain

i think teppu pretty clearly ended before it was meant to. It really kinda just peters out. Fantastic start though, and the best... protagonist... in ages.

It felt like the author rushed to the end, with the conclusion not being completely fulfilling.
I'd like to know if the choice to go with that end came from a lack of interest (public interest, or the author's own interest after the long hiatus due to illness).
Having Teppu shaped as a brief look into the lives of these girls wasn't bad though.

I want him to train with Hinata but I think he will be at the all japan training camp.
latest

the freshmen need the most training for sure

HinaTsukki were crushed by Ushiwaka so I dont see any situation for Hinata to be trained by Ushiwaka.

I thought Hinata going to unconventional sources, like that after school guy for the kids was excellent training, I hope he can do more with that.

VRMN

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 29.5

We've gone straight past blunt to punching him in the face with brass knuckles that say "I Like You"
We've been there for a while. She's gotten less and less subtle, though it's worth noting she is blunter in the side chapters. Still, at this point she's just enjoying how flustered he gets when she flirts with him. Which is...not an unrealistic depiction of a middle school girl with a crush. She wants him to make a move not only because she likes him, but because that is her ultimate victory over him mentally.

Kind of like Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To, just executed differently because Takagi doesn't care if Nishikata knows she's into him.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
lol I forgot about this

she is going to go to Azami when he takes her back and say she some crazy shit that would likely make people misinterpret the situation

Like she's gonna wax nostalgic for the time she spent in Soma's room and Azami's eyes will pop out the back of his head

meanwhile, Senzumon is gonna be like "according to keikaku"

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi

This bullshit ending where he chooses Betty or Veronica is getting real dumb

We've been there for a while. She's gotten less and less subtle, though it's worth noting she is blunter in the side chapters. Still, at this point she's just enjoying how flustered he gets when she flirts with him. Which is...not an unrealistic depiction of a middle school girl with a crush. She wants him to make a move not only because she likes him, but because that is her ultimate victory over him mentally.

Kind of like Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To, just executed differently because Takagi doesn't care if Nishikata knows she's into him.

Both excellent series.

Revo

Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To: The Geniuses' War of Love and Brains 20

Glorious Nippon victory.
No one gets to insult her man but herself.

Soma 168

YEEEEEEEEE

GET IT SOMA

I assumed Erina spent more time with Somas dad but I guess all it took was one meal for her to become enchanted. Wish they had more of a history together.

This development is slowly killing my ship though.

They're gonna eat the dish and then have sex. That's what Reddit told me.

I've read that doujin.

It was nice.

Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! ch.336
I'm more curious about how Jun will cope with Tomo's "transformation" rather than what Tomo will look like.

Tejina Sempai ch.2 - 3
Okay, I'm on board with this now. MC's reactions in having to deal with Tejina's failed magic tricks is fun.

Getter Robo Devolution ch.5
Don't you love it when a new entry in a long running series drops a bomb that is significant only to the people that have followed everything about it and know exactly what the reference is?

Because boy, there's some fucking heavy implications with the reveal on that last page. Five chapters to get past all the initial character establishing and things just got super interesting.

Also first instance of the Getter Beam was nothing short of spectacular. Two page spread on top of that, too. Absolutely worth it.

Angry Grimace

Yes. Getting.

The problem is that its stupid that the selection is secret given that we've had no real reason to believe he'd ever pick Onodera.

Because if he's picking Onodera he's a dumbshit for flying out to America/this place just to tell Chitoge she lost.

Red Blood Red Legacy 1-80

Vampire hunter with a magic scarf goes around killing vampires with 1000-year-old(?) blonde girl on a motorcycle after his village is attacked and his waifu is kidnapped and his bro betrayed him. Waifu getting her blood drained resembles what I can only describe as NTR rape.

They kill a shark vampire, a bird vampire, and then evil bro comes back. But it turns out he wasn't evil at all. But then he tries to kidnap blonde girl to trade for the waifu. And then the motorcycle turns out to be a mecha. Bro becomes a good guy after MC confirms their bromance.

This is kind of going fast. Oh right, MC and Bro kill a vampire deer in the first 2 chapters.

Aegus

With all the excitement of Hunter X Hunter coming back, I just remembered that it was never king of hiatus'. That honour will always fall to the other X manga, X/1999. 13 fucking years now and no conclusion.

Berserk 30-46

Casca X Guts fo life

And screw you little bald man. Why couldn't you have poisoned Griffith so none of the bad shit ever happened

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom