• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
World Trigger

Come on one more thing to stand in the way of Hyuse joining.

Also Hyuse not knowing how to use chopsticks is hilarious, though he reminds me of me, I wish they would offer him a fork.

bobohoro

Youkai Shoujo 75

Kakiman is back. Still has the most badass panels in the manga.
The robot fusion thingy doesn't look all that dangerous. Or useful.

It was ending... then it wasn't.... now it is again!
People are happy about this (?) and discuss what could have been.
Lol so what is it ending or is it the Schrodinger's manga ?

Q.E.D. 1-5

Y01TeDO.png

Thank goodness for casual sexism.

Arabesque

Also Hyuse not knowing how to use chopsticks is hilarious, though he reminds me of me, I wish they would offer him a fork.

Given he's not from Earth, let alone Japan, I worry he might not even know how to use a fork.

Besides, if his dragon claw style is working, why fix it?

Lol so what is it ending or is it the Schrodinger's manga.

The series is clearly wrapping up, and is heading towards a conclusion but no one knows for sure when it will end.

All the reports about it ending and continuing are coming from spoiler providers who want to mess around with people. I think the biggest lies were it ending in 3 weeks and the editor change.

Conan-san

Nisekoi is the eternal blood curse, bestowed upon man for the death of all manga with potential lay low by Jump editorial.

It couldn't end even if Tezuka himself descended from heaven to stop it.

gintama 591

Well that was a nice piece of backstory.

gintama 592

Well that takes care of all that. There's really only one enemy left to defeat now.

Just in case you guys are interested in joining in:

Alright, we’ll give “Let’s Watch” another try, this time with a comedy SoL show from the same writer as Working!:

Link to the thread:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=207906306#post207906306

Looks like it could be a lot of fun for a short series.

(If this one works out, we can try to do Devil is a Part-timer next)
Need other recs later for other shows that could be interesting to watch and react to.

I might join in on this, even though I've already seen the show, and Devil is a Part-timer as well. I enjoyed it enough to watch again though.

Nana to Kaoru 148

Oh fuck this shit already. Black Label already exists wtf is the point of this setup? End the series dude

Monster Musume 43

ClgzGfMUgAM-Jxr.jpg

even in universe, it is known who #1 is

Fuck you!!!! Where's the full body shot of bee girl?????

I actually really like Miia a lot, but she's just not as good in comparison to other characters who are top tier.

MORE BEE GIRL NAO

Edit: Oh yay, more Kobold and Minotaur. Though...the milking thing I could do without. That ghost one looks interesting.

Oh man, the mangaka of Monster Musume and 12 Beast is gonna be at Anime Expo. That's neat. I wonder what he thinks about Monsume being huge here.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yamada and the Seven Witches

This is some She's All That BS where taking off her glasses makes her hot.

Revo

ReLIFE 127-133

Looks like we're finally hitting a big/the biggest part of Hishiro's problems. I believe in you Arata!

Kingdom 479

Now Beiki understands he dun goofed and what it means to be part of the high Shin unit... I can see him coming back to the unit since Shin isn't that heartless

Kyoukai though :/

Gintama 592

snarky with that "Did you enjoy your vacation comment lol

well glad it is over now on to the next stuff

Revo

Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To: The Geniuses' War of Love and Brains 23

The back head smack is athletically impressive. Really funny chapter.

Arabesque

UQ Holder (Weekly) END

What a place to end at.

In hindsight, the pace and how quickly the situation had developed makes sense given that the manga was changing magazines, but like a lot of transitions it just doesn't feel entirely natural as it should have.

Guess next chapter will be the revelation about Asuna's slumber, and after that will be the tournament arc in full swing. Hopefully the monthly schedule will be much easier on Akamatsu, but I don't think the manga is going to be progressing much on a monthly release. At least the art should get a very major bump, given how it went down in similar moves from weekly to monthly magazines.

Looking back, I guess I'm a little sad that we never got more out of the "UQ Holder" part of the manga before it became a full on Negima reunion party. It was always destined (doomed?) to be swallowed by the much popular and established series from the get go, but I had hopped we would've gotten to learn more about the different types of immortalities and people like Jinbe, all the while going on their solo adventures that weren't connected to Negima.

That said, I still liked what we got. I can clearly imagine a version of where it could've been much better, thanks to the occasional moments where the series becomes great, but even then it stayed good outside of the Kuromaru jokes or Touta not being very smart or interesting or great as a protagonist.

So for all the short comings UQH has had, it was still entertaining enough and even if its greatest strengths came from Negima, it was still a solid weekly read. And hey, Akamatsu got to do his cookie cutter Shonen manga in the end, so there's that.

Here's hoping that the monthly manga becomes better.

Monster Musume ch.43
Good to see that job hunting as an extra species is just as difficult as it is for regular humans.

But forget about that shit, Bee Girl incoming!

Murenase! Shiiton Gakuen ch.1 - 2
Bears are evil, Colbert was right.

Liked these two chapters a fair bit, Jin knocking down that Zebra's pride was all sorts of satisfying especially given how he's kind of an asshole towards anyone not human. Though I'm curious after the end of the second chapter if the girl's gonna stick around as part of the pack or just run off again, continuing to be further out of Jin's reach. Probably will, just to prolong his suffering.

Also that T-Rex is the greatest homeroom teacher ever.

Revo

Chikyuu no Houkago 22

Guess this is a chapter where everything won't be clear for a few more chapters. Need those next chapters!

Jintor

I really don't like what happened on the upcoming chapter. Dammit.

Argh! The only thing I didn't like about NtK so far was the suppositories arc. What's with Japan's fascination with suppositories anyway.

I've still got to catch up on the Okinawa arc...

Kieli

UQ Holder (Weekly) END

What a place to end at.

In hindsight, the pace and how quickly the situation had developed makes sense given that the manga was changing magazines, but like a lot of transitions it just doesn't feel entirely natural as it should have.

Guess next chapter will be the revelation about Asuna's slumber, and after that will be the tournament arc in full swing. Hopefully the monthly schedule will be much easier on Akamatsu, but I don't think the manga is going to be progressing much on a monthly release. At least the art should get a very major bump, given how it went down in similar moves from weekly to monthly magazines.

Looking back, I guess I'm a little sad that we never got more out of the "UQ Holder" part of the manga before it became a full on Negima reunion party. It was always destined (doomed?) to be swallowed by the much popular and established series from the get go, but I had hopped we would've gotten to learn more about the different types of immortalities and people like Jinbe, all the while going on their solo adventures that weren't connected to Negima.

That said, I still liked what we got. I can clearly imagine a version of where it could've been much better, thanks to the occasional moments where the series becomes great, but even then it stayed good outside of the Kuromaru jokes or Touta not being very smart or interesting or great as a protagonist.

So for all the short comings UQH has had, it was still entertaining enough and even if its greatest strengths came from Negima, it was still a solid weekly read. And hey, Akamatsu got to do his cookie cutter Shonen manga in the end, so there's that.

Here's hoping that the monthly manga becomes better.

i dont think uq was as popular as publisher wanted, so they put pressure on him to put more negi elements inside. also coincides with announcement of anime to boost popularity of the manga

at 47, i salute his desire to take life at a slower pace. weekly serializatio is brutal

Quasar

Monster Musume ch43

Yet another proof that Miia is the most boring of the lot.

Get hype for incoming bee girl~

Pretty accurate.

I wouldn't agree at all. Mera is so boring I almost stopped reading during her arc. I would put Rachie at #1 though. Tion might be #2 though.

rrvv

i dont think uq was as popular as publisher wanted, so they put pressure on him to put more negi elements inside. also coincides with announcement of anime to boost popularity of the manga

at 47, i salute his desire to take life at a slower pace. weekly serializatio is brutal

but Negi element always there since beginning

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Prison School ch. 218

lol I need to know what Chairman was up to in the past, forget everything else.

Helck ch. 72

Asuta will spill something important to her friend and it'll be overheard.

Yamada and the Seven Witches

This is some She's All That BS where taking off her glasses makes her hot.

...I knew she was going to be a waifu as soon as her glasses were off. She's kinda adorable, actually.

Still thinking the only way this goes down is Nene as the obvious setup, or that it was Urara all along as the red herring troll setup. I'd be surprised if they threw another hat in the ring as an actual contender after Sora got shot down hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom